What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Spiced Aubergine Shakshuka.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,524 Member
    Not a meal, but I have been saving all my asparagus and artichoke trimmings in a bag in the freezer. Making vegetable broth with that at the moment. Going to try a tip from the internet and puree the veg stock in the food processor and then strain before freezing.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Mmmk, so it was less of a meal than a snack and it was the least amount of cooking possible. Also, it was from what I ate/cooked yesterday.

May I introduce to you, my invention (patent pending): bacon-wrapped nori snacks [cue angelic music...]

0zs3euidrqd4.jpg

The texture of the one strip of bacon (well, in my case chicken bacon) against the crunchy saltiness of the layered seaweed snacks was magnificent. Try it, please. The end.

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Air fired Pork chops and Baked Cauliflower & Zucchini
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Risotto w arborio rice, EVOO, low fat cream, black pepper, white wine, veg broth, small shrimp, clams, chopped tomato, and Parmigiano Reggiano.4g8jr7ucvpub.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Gnocchi w tomato sauce and Parmigiano Reggiano. m9ng1kxft4uz.jpg
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Wow, both the risotto and the gnocchi, look absolutely delicious.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Just finished dinner: "Mexican Chicken in Crockpot". Similar to a chili. Chicken nuggets, black beans, salsa, corn, and topped with a little grated cheese. So good and plenty leftover for another meal.
  • snowflake954
    Pasta w ragu' (meat sauce).
  • weatherking2019
    Taco's for everyone. I had it like a salad. Quinoa, Veggies and beef topping.
  • snowflake954
    Chicken thighs and veg barley soup.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    garlic shrimp pasta with bacon and tomatoes
  • Queen_of_Lean
    Queen_of_Lean Posts: 362 Member
    3wcxtzj2v8wv.jpg
    Sautéed asparagus with salt, black pepper and fresh lemon juice.
  • snowflake954
    Linguini w zucchini flowers, zucchini, garlic, shrimp, EVOO, red pepper, black pepper, veg broth, and white wine.sveeyofz8auq.jpg
  • weatherking2019
    Turkey sandwich for lunch and White chili for dinner.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited May 2020
    Pasta and meatball oven dump. I left out the cheese and my family added cheese on their own plates. It takes 5 mins to prep. 40 to bake. And done. So easy. I love easy. Oh and we had it with frozen corn.... well cooked frozen corn.