What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Just made a crockpot full of spaghetti sauce before I came to work today. I put out the box of pasta expecting my husband to cook the pasta before I get home. I can put some frozen vegetables in the microwave to make it a meal adding a nice glass of wine.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,524 Member
    Salad of melon, feta, mint drizzled with pomegrnate molasses followed by linguine aglio olio.
    ebu94cv6dvu2.jpeg
    n76o7ki70c26.jpeg

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    🍴 If ratatouille and Icarian stew had a cousin - this would be it :) - a mixture of stewed greens, eggplant, zucchini, tomato, black eyed peas, chickpeas, peppers, rosemary, oregano, purple sweet potato and there is some fresh cod hiding in there too..

6k57sn7ta37y.jpeg
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited August 2020
    Bacon skillet hash - breakfast for dinner. Thick sliced bacon chopped in small pieces - chopped yellow onion sauteed in some the bacon fat. Shredded baked potatoes. Scrambled eggs poured into the mixture. Sliced mini peppers and shredded cheddar cheese on top.
  • KerrieA87
    KerrieA87 Posts: 167 Member
    Chicken fried rice, with peas, sweet corn, egg, bamboo and water chestnuts stirred through
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    I had left over grilled asparagus and zucchini so I chopped it up with store bought rotisserie chicken and flavored it with salt and pepper w ponzu.
    Also stir fried cabbage, orange pepper and more zucchini with left over zaatar in olive oil. Delish!
  • LovelyYogaPants
    LovelyYogaPants Posts: 8 Member
    edited August 2020
    ip2nx494yx6t.jpeg
    svxtjuuxfjv3.jpeg
    Baked Ziti ❤️
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member

Baked Ziti ❤️

YUM!

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,052 Member
    Haven't posted in a while, part of which was 6 days without power here in coastal NJ following tropical storm Isaias. I've been experimenting with homemade Ranch Seasoning powder, since I have all the ingredients on hand (including buttermilk powder); and all are wholesome components. Many recipe versions online. Really easy to make, including buzzing the dried herbs through a small mill to powderize them.

Last night's Ranch experiment dinner: Roasted Parmesan-Ranch Klondike Gold potato wedges with baked-then-broiled BBQ chicken thighs. Family thought they were delicious. Yeah, I was a little tardy in rescuing the chicken from the broiler, but it tasted great anyway. Tomatoes are from my Aerogarden hydroponics unit. The Ranch experiments continue. I might give the potatoes a few more minutes next time to gain even more crispy edges (this was 40 minutes at 400F).

dr3lqletniwg.jpg

rlecaofch63o.jpg

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Presently cooking salmon patties to be served with tzatziki, mashed cauliflower and coleslaw. I was running low on ideas when I saw the salmon patty recipe.
  • acpgee
    Leftovers turned into breakfast. Sticky rice was made into congee. Leftover spinach and chicken satay on top.
    v4k7552lop9p.jpeg
  • rlboston73
    rlboston73 Posts: 2 Member
    Keto breakfast sausage casserole
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Mashed potatoes with broccoli, carrots and Mock Duck (seitan). 2 grams butter in the mash.
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Oven roasted chicken (whole), garden wax beans, garden cucumbers, corn on the cob and sweet potato. Certainly hit the spot!
  • acpgee
    Homemade Szechuan takeaway. Basmati rice, di san xian, cumin beef.
    2z7si8q41naa.jpeg
  • oliverwnc
    oliverwnc Posts: 69 Member
    I had porridge / oatmeal for dinner. Not even ashamed. I love the stuff.

- 80g oats
    - 50g almond milk
    - 400g water (seriously)
    - 12g PB2
    - Toffee flavour drops
    - 1/2 a protein brownie

This is only possible with the right oats, but you cook that for 8-10 minutes (stirring occasionally) and it thickens up beautifully. Add your toffee flavouring for sweetness, PB2 because PB is incredible, and half a brownie cut up in there for decadence / protein, and you have the most delicious, huge bowl for 480kcal.
  • acpgee
    Still experimenting with air fryer KFC and copycat slaw. I tested my spice mixture from the leaked recipe in the Chicago Tribune against an order of popcorn chicken and slaw on the weekend. I need to cut down the the ginger and paprika in the Tribune recipe. The popcorn chicken was salty all the way through and not just on the surface so they clearly add salt to their buttermilk marinade resulting in brined meat.

I actually preferred my own slaw of cabbage, carrot and a little grated onion to the original. I dressed with a combination of ranch and mayo with a little extra sugar balanced out with tarragon vinegar. The original tastes like sweetened mayo, so too rich for my taste. Last time I used a single dredge for the batter which gives a thinner coating I prefer to tonight's double dredge. We also had some salad with ranch and boiled new potatoes with butter.

iulcowwolh38.jpeg
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    I believe the Original Recipe KFC is cooked in a commercial pressure fryer, very difficult to do at home without very expensive equipment, All the rest of the KFC fried chicken is cooked in conventional deep fryers, there may be some seasoning differences between various types.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Last night dinner before day 1 back to school for the kids: RIB EYE STEAK- med rare and side of roasted brussel sprouts with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and creamy zucchini soup. I had a glass of red wine too. Divine!