Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,452 Member Member Posts: 5,452 Member
    Another copycat KFC dinner. Chicken coating with eleven herbs and spices from the Chicago Tribune recipe, lightened up by cooking chicken in the air fryer. Copycat slaw with some of the mayo replaced by yoghurt. Green salad, roast courgettes, copycat Kraft dinner.
    60hosg5y7dxc.jpeg
  • Madison9776Madison9776 Member Posts: 40 Member Member Posts: 40 Member
    Salmon with veggies and feta
    5kltn7vcnlqs.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Member Posts: 934 Member Member Posts: 934 Member
    First posting in a few weeks - we've been in the process of downsizing/moving, and it's been a grueling job after nearly 30 yrs in one house to raise a family. Anyway, we crested the hill and are on the downslope now, so things will get easier and complete by Thanksgiving.

In the new place, I'm making the adjustment from all-electric to all-gas. Tonight: baked Greek-style chicken with roasted spaghetti squash boats (homemade pomodoro-garlic sauce with peas). Settling back into a better eating plan after weeks of make-do meals.

d9vyh6aabbpq.jpg
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 5,546 Member Member Posts: 5,546 Member
    Stuffed endive.bjtbw4zce5h4.jpg
    rtpr6ez7jjmg.jpg
    A batch of gratin dauphinoise ready to go into the oven. If you are going to go to the trouble to make one, you might as well do six and pop cooked gratins in the freezer.
    q24cfkoxlxfa.jpeg
  • Primed19Primed19 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    5kltn7vcnlqs.jpeg

Salmon looks divine.
  • senalay788senalay788 Member Posts: 257 Member Member Posts: 257 Member
    Primed19 wrote: »

Salmon looks divine.

Does it???
    I made a couple of custards for creme brulee that were sitting in the refrigerator. Per serving 150g whole milk, a tablespoon of sugar or splenda, an egg all whisked together. Cook au bain marie in the microwave about 20 minutes at 300 watts, then refrigerate until cool and needed. When you want to serve, top with a thin layer of sugar spread evenly by tilting the puddings and sear with a blow torch.
    sbd8azqzleqd.jpeg
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 5,546 Member Member Posts: 5,546 Member
    Orecchiette w clams. 75xjh8vqujmj.jpg
  • Slacker16Slacker16 Member Posts: 1,129 Member Member Posts: 1,129 Member
    Not the last meal - I cook most days - but over the weekend I made pork schnitzel, with sauteed mushrooms and a small omelette ( from the leftover breading material) as sides.

That hit the spot :)
    Vegetable pie.i1dxobey0np6.jpg
  • GreenValliGreenValli Member Posts: 1,015 Member Member Posts: 1,015 Member
    Before I left to go to work today I made Scalloped Potatoes baked with Pork Chops with a salad. We often eat a main meal at lunch time since I work early afternoons and get home late.
  • senalay788senalay788 Member Posts: 257 Member Member Posts: 257 Member
  • Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Member Posts: 741 Member Member Posts: 741 Member
    Liver and onions
  • Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Member Posts: 741 Member Member Posts: 741 Member
    Vegetable pie.i1dxobey0np6.jpg

@snowflake954 - 😮 yes please!! 😋 yum.
  • breannemarie1993breannemarie1993 Member Posts: 160 Member Member Posts: 160 Member
    Stuffed acorn squash! It was so delicious. I was shocked to be honest hahah. Highly recommend!
    Pasta Scarpariello.m3h2bmghbb6x.jpg
  • vamanvaman Member Posts: 244 Member Member Posts: 244 Member
    Stuffed acorn squash! It was so delicious. I was shocked to be honest hahah. Highly recommend!

Butternut squash can be prepared the same way, split in half and oven baked. It's delish too!

• breannemarie1993breannemarie1993 Member Posts: 160 Member Member Posts: 160 Member
    vaman wrote: »

Butternut squash can be prepared the same way, split in half and oven baked. It's delish too!

I don’t really like butternut squash. Acorn squash isn’t as sweet which I like!
    Lunch was wokked savoy cabbage with garlic and rice noodles soaked in water. Stir fry sauce contained condiments of soy sauce, oyster sauce and XO sauce.
    05r7f9luznqd.jpeg