What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    I made Mujadara (Lentils and Rice with Caramelized Onions) last night. I'll be trying it out for lunch today. I never had lentils before. They're alright. Kinda peppery tasting.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Love Bobby Deen's book "From Momma's Table to Mine". He takes his mom's dishes and lightens them up. I made his CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE, side of canned green beans (rinsed and drained), baked sweet potato, 1 pat of butter, large cup of Jasmine tea and for dessert a Kashi Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Chewy Granola bar. Yummy and filling. This recipe made 12 slices, so I have froze half of it and am eating a slice each day either for lunch or dinner with the rest.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @rhaiin I made mujaddara a little while back for a Reddit cooking competition! (52WeeksofCooking, they do themed challenges every week all year long, one week the theme was Lebanese.) It was so delicious I forgot to take pics and had to make more so I could submit my dish to the competition subreddit, LMAO.

Last night I made a pork goulash in my Instant Pot. It's both gorgeous and delicious - there's a LOT of smoked paprika in it, which gives the broth a beautiful crimson color. Leftovers are dinner tonight as well, served over egg noodles. Super looking forward to that in about an hour and a half!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    wlilvvc29jyb.png
    om...be still my heart...
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    wlilvvc29jyb.png
    om...be still my heart...

You know I have a houseful of men and these just flew.
  • Madison9776
    Madison9776 Posts: 52 Member
    Seared scallops Fra Diavolo with garlic bread
    f0ik70rcn97p.jpg
  • Pannduh
    Pannduh Posts: 89 Member
    Green eggs & ham (spinach, onion, feta) w/ avocado toast and blueberries rdy14rg9an9q.jpeg
  • StephanieLWS
    StephanieLWS Posts: 22 Member
    Yesterday we had a beef roast w/ cauliflower, broccoli, onion, carrot, and potatoes with spices & a little red wine slow-cooked together all day. And we made some simple mashed potatoes to go with it.
    Today I had that for lunch leftovers, and then for dinner we had salad & Domino's pizzas (!)
  • Pannduh
    Pannduh Posts: 89 Member
    Air Fried Pork Rind Crusted Pork Chops w/
    Au Gratin Potatoes and sad over cooked Brussels Sprouts. 95z4u0hw70g4.jpeg
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    I made a superbean, mushroom and minced steak chilli con carne. It was yummy but I have made enough to feed the 5000 lol
  • snowflake954
    I've started making a cake my MIL used to make. It's been passed down in her family in South Italy15ctvcawhweh.jpg
    . Made mostly with egg whites and chopped nuts. It's hard to get a photo, since the cake disappears so fast.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    This is a meal we put together in 15 minutes with things we had prepped in the freezer and fridge. Samosa shaped pastries were made a few weekends ago out of ready made spring roll wrappers and leftover meat pie filing and frozen. We had ranch dressing in the fridge and tomato based pasta sauce in the freezzer to use as a dipping sauce.
    19dc83lobl5q.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    Roasted tomato basil soupbhm0cz9956ji.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Apple, ricotta, and coconut cake.u32wv69m57f9.jpg
    cizahfx65wuj.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Chicken breast.y9euklzf9hrd.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Whole wheat pasta w zucchini and shrimp (took the shrimp off mine).we0bpensbqj6.jpg
  • HotMermaid729
    HotMermaid729 Posts: 806 Member
    edited December 2020
    🥬🥒🥑
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    Hubby was meant to cook tonight but bailed due to back pain. Quickly thrown together dinner of batch cooked gratin dauphinoise pulled out of the freezer. The smoked sausage he was planning to make tonight took 3 minutes to wrm up in the microwave. Butter blackened hispi cabbage took 6 minutes each side.
    06jqfshhvwqf.jpeg