Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

1152153155157158163

Replies

  • iyanchovskaiyanchovska Member Posts: 286 Member Member Posts: 286 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    Tonight, linguine, with local shrimp from Puerto
    Escondido in a tomato, garlic, white wine and basil sauce with a sprinkle of crushed anchovies chile flakes. jl461a6ani6a.jpg

    Your dishes are definitely my favourite! 👌
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 5,096 Member Member Posts: 5,096 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    Salmon.......w penne pasta, cream, veg broth, black pepper, EVOO, and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano. 9qfzt2nkl1t6.jpg

    Always such a lovely presentation! You could expedite in my kitchen any day!!

    Thanks! I'm enjoying seeing your presentations too. I'm just a housewife, while you're the chef, so it's a double complement for me.
  • mmapagsmmapags Member Posts: 8,961 Member Member Posts: 8,961 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    Salmon.......w penne pasta, cream, veg broth, black pepper, EVOO, and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano. 9qfzt2nkl1t6.jpg

    Always such a lovely presentation! You could expedite in my kitchen any day!!

    Thanks! I'm enjoying seeing your presentations too. I'm just a housewife, while you're the chef, so it's a double complement for me.

    Some just have a natural insight for presentation. There used to be an old culinary school saying, "You taste first with your eyes." You have a really good feel for it!
  • mmapagsmmapags Member Posts: 8,961 Member Member Posts: 8,961 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    Tonight, linguine, with local shrimp from Puerto
    Escondido in a tomato, garlic, white wine and basil sauce with a sprinkle of crushed anchovies chile flakes. jl461a6ani6a.jpg

    Your dishes are definitely my favourite! 👌

    Muchisimas gracias!
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Member Posts: 905 Member Member Posts: 905 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Curry chicken, Jamaican style with chickpeas (instead of potato). Also, no roti shells in the shops yesterday so we're "stuck" with naan. I'm not complaining.

    One of the "things" happening with the lockdown this spring is lots of folks turning to in-home baking. Yeast bread is one thing. But flatbreads, they're even easier. Might be worth a shot. Plenty of youtube videos on procedures. The hardest part might be sourcing some flour, LOL.

    Pic: making tortillas. No points for shape, LOL.

    pyav95csqbf2.jpg
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Member Posts: 905 Member Member Posts: 905 Member
    Welcome to summer.

    Carolina slaw (vinegar, not mayo), MFP recipe builder says about 66cals/serving as prepared here, and a great way to use some fresh veggies for several holiday weekend meals. Plus obligatory burgers. Looking forward to continued improving conditions.

    1csx74gzfvz3.jpg

    jfgzxyd0cli9.jpg

  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 1,611 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,611 Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Curry chicken, Jamaican style with chickpeas (instead of potato). Also, no roti shells in the shops yesterday so we're "stuck" with naan. I'm not complaining.

    One of the "things" happening with the lockdown this spring is lots of folks turning to in-home baking. Yeast bread is one thing. But flatbreads, they're even easier. Might be worth a shot. Plenty of youtube videos on procedures. The hardest part might be sourcing some flour, LOL.

    Pic: making tortillas. No points for shape, LOL.

    pyav95csqbf2.jpg

    Your tortilla looks divine!! The way my culinary skills are set up, I'm not going to figure out how to make a proper roti shell anytime soon. 🤷🏿‍♀️ There's flour, there's ground lentils, there's frying. That's already 3 ingredients and a blender 😭

    Besides, I'll save all of what I call "complicated" for when I kidnap @just_Tomek
  • GreenValliGreenValli Member Posts: 885 Member Member Posts: 885 Member
    Made dinner for tonight: Curried Orange Chicken, white rice, and salad. The curried orange sauce tastes so good over the chicken and the rice.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,116 Member Member Posts: 9,116 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Curry chicken, Jamaican style with chickpeas (instead of potato). Also, no roti shells in the shops yesterday so we're "stuck" with naan. I'm not complaining.

    One of the "things" happening with the lockdown this spring is lots of folks turning to in-home baking. Yeast bread is one thing. But flatbreads, they're even easier. Might be worth a shot. Plenty of youtube videos on procedures. The hardest part might be sourcing some flour, LOL.

    Pic: making tortillas. No points for shape, LOL.

    pyav95csqbf2.jpg

    Your tortilla looks divine!! The way my culinary skills are set up, I'm not going to figure out how to make a proper roti shell anytime soon. 🤷🏿‍♀️ There's flour, there's ground lentils, there's frying. That's already 3 ingredients and a blender 😭

    Besides, I'll save all of what I call "complicated" for when I kidnap @just_Tomek

    I told you already, be careful what you wish for lol :)
    For now get equal amount, by weight, of yogurt and self rise flour, combine into dough, roll out and throw your flat bread into a dry skillet. Nothing could be easier.
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 1,611 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,611 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Curry chicken, Jamaican style with chickpeas (instead of potato). Also, no roti shells in the shops yesterday so we're "stuck" with naan. I'm not complaining.

    One of the "things" happening with the lockdown this spring is lots of folks turning to in-home baking. Yeast bread is one thing. But flatbreads, they're even easier. Might be worth a shot. Plenty of youtube videos on procedures. The hardest part might be sourcing some flour, LOL.

    Pic: making tortillas. No points for shape, LOL.

    pyav95csqbf2.jpg

    Your tortilla looks divine!! The way my culinary skills are set up, I'm not going to figure out how to make a proper roti shell anytime soon. 🤷🏿‍♀️ There's flour, there's ground lentils, there's frying. That's already 3 ingredients and a blender 😭

    Besides, I'll save all of what I call "complicated" for when I kidnap @just_Tomek

    I told you already, be careful what you wish for lol :)
    For now get equal amount, by weight, of yogurt and self rise flour, combine into dough, roll out and throw your flat bread into a dry skillet. Nothing could be easier.

    Mmmmmmmmmmmmk...I'll try this as my tortilla-like substance. As of yesterday, I'm doing a two-week gluten-free experiment to see what the fuss is about. I'll try this (with skyr) once I'm done though!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,116 Member Member Posts: 9,116 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Curry chicken, Jamaican style with chickpeas (instead of potato). Also, no roti shells in the shops yesterday so we're "stuck" with naan. I'm not complaining.

    One of the "things" happening with the lockdown this spring is lots of folks turning to in-home baking. Yeast bread is one thing. But flatbreads, they're even easier. Might be worth a shot. Plenty of youtube videos on procedures. The hardest part might be sourcing some flour, LOL.

    Pic: making tortillas. No points for shape, LOL.

    pyav95csqbf2.jpg

    Your tortilla looks divine!! The way my culinary skills are set up, I'm not going to figure out how to make a proper roti shell anytime soon. 🤷🏿‍♀️ There's flour, there's ground lentils, there's frying. That's already 3 ingredients and a blender 😭

    Besides, I'll save all of what I call "complicated" for when I kidnap @just_Tomek

    I told you already, be careful what you wish for lol :)
    For now get equal amount, by weight, of yogurt and self rise flour, combine into dough, roll out and throw your flat bread into a dry skillet. Nothing could be easier.

    Mmmmmmmmmmmmk...I'll try this as my tortilla-like substance. As of yesterday, I'm doing a two-week gluten-free experiment to see what the fuss is about. I'll try this (with skyr) once I'm done though!

    For weeks you will miss out on all the delish things that the evil gluten provides :) other than that, nothing. If you were celiac you would have known this long time ago.
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 1,611 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,611 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Curry chicken, Jamaican style with chickpeas (instead of potato). Also, no roti shells in the shops yesterday so we're "stuck" with naan. I'm not complaining.

    One of the "things" happening with the lockdown this spring is lots of folks turning to in-home baking. Yeast bread is one thing. But flatbreads, they're even easier. Might be worth a shot. Plenty of youtube videos on procedures. The hardest part might be sourcing some flour, LOL.

    Pic: making tortillas. No points for shape, LOL.

    pyav95csqbf2.jpg

    Your tortilla looks divine!! The way my culinary skills are set up, I'm not going to figure out how to make a proper roti shell anytime soon. 🤷🏿‍♀️ There's flour, there's ground lentils, there's frying. That's already 3 ingredients and a blender 😭

    Besides, I'll save all of what I call "complicated" for when I kidnap @just_Tomek

    I told you already, be careful what you wish for lol :)
    For now get equal amount, by weight, of yogurt and self rise flour, combine into dough, roll out and throw your flat bread into a dry skillet. Nothing could be easier.

    Mmmmmmmmmmmmk...I'll try this as my tortilla-like substance. As of yesterday, I'm doing a two-week gluten-free experiment to see what the fuss is about. I'll try this (with skyr) once I'm done though!

    For weeks you will miss out on all the delish things that the evil gluten provides :) other than that, nothing. If you were celiac you would have known this long time ago.

    So far, it's Day 2 and I feel a difference in energy
    ... As in less of it 😑

    Within reason, I'm up for trying new approaches though so I'll stick this through and then enjoy the *kitten* out of my different flours in about two weeks.
Sign In or Register to comment.