Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,060 Member Member Posts: 5,060 Member
    Leftover laksa for breakfast. When I was in grad school, I collaborated on a short research project at the University of Singapore and they always served laksa for breakfast at the uni canteen.
    udt9xnrfokib.jpg
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 5,096 Member Member Posts: 5,096 Member
    Pasta w tuna and green olives.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,121 Member Member Posts: 9,121 Member
    Just some finger food.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970Megan_smartiepants1970 Member Posts: 11,680 Member Member Posts: 11,680 Member
    I made a keto version of Italian Wedding soup with kale, cauliflower rice, turkey/Italian sausage meatballs with lots of garlic , dill etc. :)
    It's hardly cooking. Avocado on toast with Vietnamese seasoning salt, muoi tieu chanh.
    6om4ycsc6dqi.jpeg

• pessxxpessxx Member Posts: 444 Member Member Posts: 444 Member
    chicken nuggets with carrot and cabbage salad
  • paperpuddingpaperpudding Member Posts: 5,819 Member Member Posts: 5,819 Member
    acpgee - toast is cooked - ergo it is cooking. :)

Not a high degree of difficulty, granted - but cooked food nevertheless.
    Can of tuna.
    There was some leftover miso caramel sauce at the back of the fridge which I loosened up in the microwave and drizzled over a banana. Wow. This will be great on sliced sour apples too.
    ufrjdb71i7n5.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Member Posts: 906 Member Member Posts: 906 Member
    acpgee - toast is cooked - ergo it is cooking. :)

Not a high degree of difficulty, granted - but cooked food nevertheless.

There's a great line in the movie, "PT-109,' about JFK's experience in WWII pacific. According to the movie, he put together a ragtag crew, and designated one to be chef because he could make peanut butter sandwiches. When it came time for his commissioning inspection, the chef was asked, "Do you serve hot meals?" to which he answered, "yes." Kennedy asked, in an aside, "What's hot?" Answer: "peanut butter on toast."
    Meatless things and such.
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 5,096 Member Member Posts: 5,096 Member
    Pasta w salmon, zucchini, cream, black pepper, veg broth, EVOO, and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.yjo40jr5aata.jpg
    Fish and potatoes.uxwatvmodi37.jpg
    Homemade mini spring rolls from the freezer warmed up in the air fryer.
    m5ikhy4uraeu.jpeg
    Spaghetti w scampi.d4hxei3ivenm.jpg
  • vamanvaman Member Posts: 197 Member Member Posts: 197 Member

Actual true scampi ! In the States most restaurants serve shrimp, and call it scampi 😄

vaman wrote: »

Actual true scampi ! In the States most restaurants serve shrimp, and call it scampi 😄
    Yep, and here are the little rascals before cooking (they look alive, but they are not).8hs1hqaf198y.jpg

• iyanchovskaiyanchovska Member Posts: 287 Member Member Posts: 287 Member
    Ohhh, so delicious new pictures - I especially liked the fish and patatoes and spaghetti with scampi. 😍🍝🐠
    We've got a watermelon and are planning to do Turkish salad of watermelon, feta, and mint on Sunday. Made vaguely Turkish savoury pastries from Chinese springroll wrappers and the minced lamb and spinach filling for Turkish gozleme. The chinese springroll wrappers sold in the deep freeze section of asian supermarkets are a lot easier to handle than store bought phyllo. I treated them like phyllo and brushed finished pastries with melted butter before chucking in the freezer on trays. We tried out one baked in the air fryer. Filling was a little under seasoned so will make a salty garlic and yoghurt dip for them on Sunday.

16k68ihakfeg.jpeg
    sohveq9mby0g.jpeg