Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• epangiliepangili Member Posts: 816 Member Member Posts: 816 Member
    Snickerdoodle cookies for my nephews
  • yirarayirara Member Posts: 5,134 Member Member Posts: 5,134 Member
    Japanese pancakes with white cabbage inside the dough. and with coconut, soy sauce and fermented shrimp paste. I put spring onion and smoked mackerel on top and used peanut sauce and sambal as sauce. Totally delicious and so filling.
  • mjbnj0001mjbnj0001 Member Posts: 906 Member Member Posts: 906 Member
    inesnsr479 wrote: »
    Chlodnik to fight the heat wave with a side of spanakopita and salad then Tarte aux Fruits for desert . ..

5xc7ybeonlb5.jpg

with color like that, I'm going to have to try a version myself!
    Wednesday Night Entree - Greek-Style Lemon Herb Chicken

Lemon, pepper, herbs marinade - including some fresh-harvested basil from my Aerogarden hydroponics unit (made a real difference in the flavor "pop"). Sides of brown rice and carrots. Baked at 375, then finished under the broiler. Wanted to grill outside, but we're having the house painted this week.

qpjx6n3jv7x5.jpg
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,060 Member Member Posts: 5,060 Member
    Vietnamese garlic noodles.
    w2c8nvsodaqd.jpeg
  • rhaiinrhaiin Member Posts: 704 Member Member Posts: 704 Member
    Fried rice & cauliflower rice blend with shredded chicken breast, green onions, and eggs. Mixing the cauliflower rice with regular rice makes it more palatable to me and is still less calories than if I just ate straight rice. We also had some frozen Pork & Ginger Soup Dumplings from Trader Joes. Those things are delicious.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970Megan_smartiepants1970 Member Posts: 11,680 Member Member Posts: 11,680 Member
    Keto chicken cordon bleu casserole ...I prepared it yesterday ...will cook it tonight for dinner :)
  • inesnsr479inesnsr479 Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    inesnsr479 wrote: »
    Chlodnik to fight the heat wave with a side of spanakopita and salad then Tarte aux Fruits for desert . ..

with color like that, I'm going to have to try a version myself!

you should. it is the most beautiful soup i have ever seen

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,119 Member Member Posts: 9,119 Member
    Threw some things on the grill again.
    Lunch was leek and potato soup, brown bread, longaniza.
    hqby5wvgezrg.jpeg
    Last evening's dinner: "Italian-style" chicken burgers with grilled spaghetti squash. The burgers were prepared by our butcher and delivered with our last meat order; a bit of a treat. The squash was an experiment: I usually boil or oven-roast it, this was my first time grilling. 1st pic: using a 2-zone heat on the BBQ, the squash (lightly seasoned [S&P, crushed garlic paste, grated sage, cayenne dusting] and oiled) had a 20-minute start on a medium heat before the frozen burger patties on higher heat; here, they've just been inverted. Note flat-sit area I cut on the underside. 2nd pic: done after another 20 minutes; some good browning and caramelization. To serve, I extracted the squash from its shell as typical "squash spaghetti," and folded in some grated parm and basil to complete. The folding process distributed the charred fragments so they became crunchy tasty bits.

qdta3df7larv.jpg

qnqrrt0tendv.jpg

edited June 30
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Member Posts: 775 Member Member Posts: 775 Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Last evening's dinner: "Italian-style" chicken burgers with grilled spaghetti squash. The burgers were prepared by our butcher and delivered with our last meat order; a bit of a treat. The squash was an experiment: I usually boil or oven-roast it, this was my first time grilling. 1st pic: using a 2-zone heat on the BBQ, the squash (lightly seasoned [S&P, crushed garlic paste, grated sage, cayenne dusting] and oiled) had a 20-minute start on a medium heat before the frozen burger patties on higher heat; here, they've just been inverted. Note flat-sit area I cut on the underside. 2nd pic: done after another 20 minutes; some good browning and caramelization. To serve, I extracted the squash from its shell as typical "squash spaghetti," and folded in some grated parm and basil to complete. The folding process distributed the charred fragments so they became crunchy tasty bits.

I'm going to have to try grilling the squash! I had turkey I scored after thanksgiving that was taking up the freezer space, I took it out to start the defrosting process. I'm going to have my friend smoke it for the 4th of July. Spaghetti squash on the side with bunch of other veggie side dish is my plan. Thx for the inspiration!
  • LukesGreenMilkLukesGreenMilk Member Posts: 39 Member Member Posts: 39 Member
    Keto Casserole (I'm not keto, just an occasional fan)
    2 lb chicken, diced
    1 lb chopped broccoli florets, frozen
    8 slices bacon crumbled
    8 oz colbyjack cheese shredded
    1 Cup heavy cream
    4 oz cream cheese softened
    4 oz low carb salsa verde
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    Salt/pepper to taste
    Instructions
    Cook bacon, crumble into smaller pieces. Pat grease off.
    Combine with frozen broccoli, diced chicken, cheese, and seasonings into a large baking dish.
    Microwave cream cheese until softened (1min) , then stir in the salsa verde and heavy cream.
    Pour cream cheese mixture into the casserole dish, mix it all up.
    Bake at 360F for 60 minutes or until browned/bubbly.
    Chicken lok lak. Traditionally made with beef. Served with khymer lime and pepper sauce I didn't bring to the table in time for a photo.
    pq0yej9w3kaw.jpeg

• rhaiinrhaiin Member Posts: 704 Member Member Posts: 704 Member
    I had some leftover baked chicken thighs, so I threw together a quick coconut curry for dinner last night. I removed all of the meat from the bones and added broccoli, onion, garlic, curry powder & various herbs/spices and coconut milk. It came out tasting pretty good. Served it over rice.

I then used the leftover bones, fat and skin to make a few cups of chicken stock. I added some onion, carrots, salt, pepper and herbs to it.