Is post-workout shower safe?

124»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I personally avoid it until I cool down adequately. My blood pressure used to drop suddenly if I shower right after a workout the symptoms very uncomfortable. That was when I had high blood pressure, but I'm not keen on testing it again.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    For those who took my question seriously thank you, I appreciate your answers. :) (Btw, I'm still quite a newbie in this community, I used to have a sedentary lifestyle and just started calorie tracking and exercising in June).

It is understood that we need to tidy up, with proper cool down of course. But what I actually meant with the question was, how soon can you take a shower after exercising? e.g. 15mins, 30mins or it doesn't matter at all?

I was just wondering if there's any risk linked to having a shower immediately in a post-workout situation esp.after a vigorous one. ;)

Every morning before work, I do an exercise video. It can be very intense(like Shaun T). As soon as I'm done, I start the shower. I've never had any ill-effects.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    I'm at the gym in the morning before work. It would be unsafe for my coworkers if I DIDN'T shower.

I have been concerned a couple times after a particularly heinous leg day.

I believe that's what the handicapped stall is for, or at least should be for. I honestly think gyms should have a separate toilet and shower specific for post leg day, because while we'd understand why your on the floor and can't get back up - it's not something to look forward to.