Let me know you a little better

Replies

• R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    When I was younger I would never say anything if my ordered food wasn’t right or if I needed something.
    I think because my mother always made a scene of some sort everywhere we went (not crazy stuff she’s just one of those people that come into a room like a whirlwind).

Anyway, now that I am much older I don’t let people walk over me.
    If you say something rude to me, I will tell you what I think about your lack of civility.
    If you get my order wrong, I will get in my car and drive back.

It’s a matter of principal.
    There is no reason why perfect strangers can’t smile and be polite to each other.

I done care what or who you are.

😂 I could learn a few things from you. I will just take my order and run and hope Next time they get it right.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    A lot of people don't know this but I'm a secret shopper. I'm hired to evaluate a business quality of services, cleanliness and so on.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,188 Member
    I really like helping people. Whether it's with my volunteering to drive people to cancer treatments, I have a repeat on Tuesday who seems happy to have a familiar driver to my skating. I have created a program for a friend and helped at least two others with their programs. I want everyone to do well and medal! I have watched videos of their events so I can help them win their events.

It's fun to help others achieve great things but I really just love that I can be a part of their adventures
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    I am obsessed with vacuuming and mopping my floors everyday. Doesnt matter if i get home at 10pm....i will not sleep until i do this.
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 524 Member
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    I am obsessed with vacuuming and mopping my floors everyday. Doesnt matter if i get home at 10pm....i will not sleep until i do this.

Do you want to do mine too? 😅
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 450 Member
    Pregnancy, and giving birth amazes, and terrifies me.
  • ButterMeMuffinz
    ButterMeMuffinz Posts: 262 Member

When I was pregnant I was absolutely terrified of giving birth, so I'm with you there
  • nonchalantxo

When I was pregnant I was absolutely terrified of giving birth, so I'm with you there

But even pregnancy....making skin and bones right in you. Like....if you really think about it, thats crazy. All these things going on in your body.

• ButterMeMuffinz
    edited August 2023

But even pregnancy....making skin and bones right in you. Like....if you really think about it, thats crazy. All these things going on in your body.

This sounds semi horrifying but it's also feeding a god-complex I didn't know I had
  • nonchalantxo

This sounds semi horrifying but it's also feeding a god-complex I didn't know I had

You should feel like a goddess. It's a big deal in my POV.

• ButterMeMuffinz

You should feel like a goddess. It's a big deal in my POV.

Stop, you're making my ego worse
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member
    I eat pizza maybe 3 or 4 times a year. Tonight will be one of those times.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,188 Member
    I suck at parking my car.
  • nonchalantxo
    edited August 2023
    When people invite themselves over and don't leave. Bring a pillow and all......?

*meant to put this in the irked thread*
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,472 Member
    edited August 2023
    When I was young I loved watching the old movies from the 30s, 40s.
    None of my friends watched them and I’m not sure why I did.
    I still love watching many of them and my favorites I’ve watched repeatedly.
    I’m partial to Bette Davis movies, have most of them on DVD.
    No special fx, simple, innocent stories, normally very romanticized.

I watched all the WWII movies as well.
    I think it’s so sad that young people today won’t watch the oldies.
    My own son will only tolerate the War movies.

I’d still rather watch Cary Grant than any male actor today. 😍🤷🏼‍♀️

ETA: you can’t pay me to watch romantic mushy or romantic comedy these days.
    Ugh 😣
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited August 2023
    When someone says something ridiculously hypochondriac-like I say, “yes, that’s probably it.“
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    When someone says something ridiculously hypochondriac-like I say, “yes, that’s probably it.“
    Wait a minute, what?
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Wait a minute, what?

Are you trying to tell me that you did not start our bizarre conversation last night after you read this?
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Wait a minute, what?

Are you trying to tell me that you did not start our bizarre conversation last night after you read this?

😳
  • itchmyTwitch
    Wait a minute, what?

😳
    Freaky mind meld stuff