What are some things you would never spend your calories on?

Options
1235»

Replies

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Milk, store bought yogurt, snack aisle cookies and cakes (I’m going for the good stuff from Mikes Pastry in Boston) and meats injected with extra broth and sodium.

@debrakgoogins you would pick mikes over modern? Modern every time for me... Napoleon (my fav), cannoli, lobster tail, hostess cupcake copycat, Whoopi pie... lol...I want to go there now. I splurged there for my bday a couple months ago. After pumpkin tortellini at giacomos.. such a yummy night.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,058 Member
    Options
    ZoneFive wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    And good craft beer. Right now, - for serious - I'm drinking 20 oz (roughly 400 cal) of amazing tiramisu (coffee/chocolate) stout. Worth every tasty calorie.

Tiramisu. Stout. I swoon. We had a small Eye Opener coffee/chocolate stout in Kalamazoo yesterday. 250 calories well earned and spent.
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Finding a way to enjoy life in good health is the magic.

This one goes in the journal.

Kalamazoo? Tiramisu stout: East Lansing. Ellison. Yum. Usually, but not always, available (check the web site). Detroit Frankie's Pizza truck will be there on Th-Fr-Sa evenings for a while - useful info if it's within driving distance for you. ;)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Drinks sweetened with sugar
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @debrakgoogins you would pick mikes over modern? Modern every time for me... Napoleon (my fav), cannoli, lobster tail, hostess cupcake copycat, Whoopi pie... lol...I want to go there now. I splurged there for my bday a couple months ago. After pumpkin tortellini at giacomos.. such a yummy night.

Honestly, I’ve never tried Modern. I’ll try it next time I’m in Boston!

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I refuse to spend my calories on anything that is extremely healthy.

But..... but...... Some extremely healthy food is yummy, for me at least. There is no way I'd eat food I didn't like just because it was healthy though.
  • lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Beer. But I hate beer ;)

If I really want it, I will spend calories on it, and just balance out either through activities or later food choice.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. Peanut butter. Full sugar pop (soda). Cheese.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    1) Anything.. As I'm eating it.. And if not loving it.. then into the garbage it goes.

2) ding dongs, Twinkies, or any donut 95% of the time is not worth it

I do not care about ding dong or twinkies, but donuts are so worth it. I only have one or two maybe once a month, but so worth it
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I've decided today to quit buying things I think are "healthier" and just eat what I want but less of it like I was doing when I first started MFP and was actually losing! For instance I would indulge in a mid morning donut with black coffee nearly everyday,I've replaced that donut with a mid morning gross tasting protein bar and I don't get satisfied and eat more of other things throughout the day and here I am gaining a bit,grrr,also gonna go back to black coffee cuz creamer adds too many cals and I can't find one I'm totally in love with anyways
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Hmm, pretty much everything I really like is worth the calories. Things I *would* eat if they were available but aren't worth the calories:
    - potato chips
    - juices made from concentrate
    - non-chocolate candy
    - sugary sodas (I prefer diet ones)
    - stale french fries
    - any peanut product
    - salad dressings
    - any kind of potato or pasta salad
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Found something I like that I wouldn't spend calories on.

Coffee drinks. They just don't feel like they're worth it. I like a small number of them, but I like the other things that I do for the calories more. It helps that I've always liked my coffee black. Weirdly enough, I can see myself spending 500 calories on a milkshake on occasion, but I can't see myself spending the same number of calories for a coffee drink even on occasion. This may have to do with the fact that a milkshake is not substitutable but coffee is coffee and black is just fine.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    - Ricecakes or similar, so it may be only 21kcals for one, but if I eat 5 of them that still 100 and I'm still not satisfied from all that air
    - Salad dressing, salt and pepper are good enough for me
    - "lighter" alternatives to crisps, normally not that much lighter, and nowhere near as satisfying
    - most sweets
    - fizzy drinks with sugar, because I like the diet ones just as much, sometimes better
  • sorchaedwards1991
    sorchaedwards1991 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sugary cereals i.e most cereals. Not filling and high in sugar/calories for such a minute portion.
    Also hate drinking any sort of calories (apart from alcohol occasionally). You should drink to quench thirst not for taste.
  • Mosstradamuz
    Mosstradamuz Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Wasabi or soy sauce. . . I don't want to be a soy boy.
  • msmith404040
    msmith404040 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any drink. I don't drink my calories :) I like to eat them. And I love water, thank goodness.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    mosspm123 wrote: »
    Wasabi or soy sauce. . . I don't want to be a soy boy.

What's a 'soy boy'?
  • dirtswife
    dirtswife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with so many who said they don't like to drink their calories. Fruit juice and soda are two things I can live without. I drink two cups of coffee in the morning with half and half. I just have to have half and half for some reason - it makes me happy. I log it and love it.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Cheap prepackaged lunchmeat....ewwwww