Calorie Counter

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• aroze0928aroze0928 Member Posts: 178 Member Member Posts: 178 Member
    So happy for you @lorrainquiche59 !! ♥ Thats major.
    Funny how as more time goes by we've gone from should I...shouldnt I...to really knowing its no and thats just the way it is. You learn to adapt.
    Hope everyone has a nice sober weekend! Xo
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 2,503 Member Member Posts: 2,503 Member
    @mainelylisa Nice to hear that you have met some nice friends online. Yes, that is true; I tend to retreat as well when I'm down. Sounds like you are making some positive observations with sobriety. Sobriety gives us a lot more time on our hands and more time to think. <3

• RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 2,503 Member Member Posts: 2,503 Member
    @lorrainequiche59 Happy Second Anniversary!! You've been through so many difficult, heartbreaking events these last two years but you continued your quest for an AF life. Bravo! <3:)
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,078 Member Member Posts: 4,078 Member
    Thank you to everyone on this thread for all your support its been great. Would have struggled on my own to even get this far. I will keep reading this thread while I'm on less AF and return in the future if I am able to. Lots of hugs 🤗🤗🤗
  • mainelylisamainelylisa Member, Premium Posts: 159 Member Member, Premium Posts: 159 Member
    I want to drink tonight. My 3 month AF anniversary eve. I actually want to drink now, but work interferes with everything! I think I want to drink because I want so exert control over SOMETHING. I've been not drinking for 3 months and it doesn't feel like I'm controlling anything. OK, well here is hangover control. And blackout control. But if I just have 2 glasses, I won't have either of those.
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,078 Member Member Posts: 4,078 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Aah! Don't leave people we need to keep the thread alive😤 as I said before I post on both,I've had my fumbles too!I'm with you Jen and wanted to drink cuz of this chaos but know itll still be there when I sober up,meh whatever.

Okay I'm back! I can post on both threads lol your right, need to keep the threads alive. Well 1st of June, AF today and I started my exercise routine. Just building the habit but I surprised myself & my partner (I like seeing his surprised face 😝) I enjoyed my wee jog and even climbed into the loft and risked being attacked by killer spiders (okay, tiny baby spiders) to fetch my dumbbells and stair climber. Hoping to replace my alcoholic beverages for exercise. Also purchased Alan Carr easy quit drinking book. First time ever buying such a book so looking forward to seeing how I progress back to attempting AF again.
    JenT304 wrote: »
    I drank yesterday. Between the pandemic and now the riots, I am just feeling overwhelmed. I am grieving for the world my granddaughters are growing up in. I know alcohol does not help...but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I got my husband to commit to at least doing a dry June with 4th of July as a goal to stay sober until. I have never asked him to try to stay dry with me before but I would do so much better if he would. It's just a fact. Wishing you all peace and good vibes. - Jen

Iv been feeling more over whelmed lately as well. The fact i cant forward plan was making me feel quite suffocated and work, although iv been doing well to keep things ticking over, I am starting to feel it getting very monotonous being in the office myself all the time. There is usually 3 other staff there some days, sharing the load but unfortunately they are having to work from home for various reasons and someone else is off sick. Can't be helped. Also the thought of a second lockdown/wave and the riots that's happening is quite deflating and nobody needs it just now. Things were tough enough.
  • mainelylisamainelylisa Member, Premium Posts: 159 Member Member, Premium Posts: 159 Member
    @beka3695 Ya, for me on this 3 month anniversary which I almost ruined last night (but went to bed at 8 instead), I feel like I'm at the 7-year itch in an AF marriage. I'm getting restless, the sex is boooooring, and there is no fun on the horizon, dammit! And what about the edginess? I think there could be fun an edginess in my photography or in my memoir writing or in online poker (for real money muhahahaha), but all those take some effort to learn and build those new habits. I think I just need a coach to kick my butt.