Calorie Counter

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• mainelylisamainelylisa Member, Premium Posts: 200 Member Member, Premium Posts: 200 Member
    @Beka3695 Um, that is way cross the line by your boss, IMHO. Great she's that trusting, but that sounds out of bounds even if you aren't trying to work!
  • Beka3695Beka3695 Member Posts: 3,329 Member Member Posts: 3,329 Member
    @Beka3695 Um, that is way cross the line by your boss, IMHO. Great she's that trusting, but that sounds out of bounds even if you aren't trying to work!

Lisa, this was the second dream... didn’t really happen.

Technically a nightmare
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,264 Member Member Posts: 4,264 Member
    Well my brother decided today he was going to shops to buy whiskey. Which was fine. He returned hours later (he had been sat outside at a grassy area nearby, at a bench, wanted alone time he said & only planned to have a couple of drinks) fast forward a while later once he had came back & he felt very sick ! Had to spend ages nursing him basically lol he said 'never again'. He is only 19 and I do hope that by me staying sober, he will maybe be able to avoid all the years it took me to stop binge drinking. I am trying to advise him without sounding like I'm trying to be preachy about it.

Seeing how he felt so ill & being sick, now wrapped up in his bed with a gallon of water beside him & a day of feeling hungover ahead of him, it's reinforcing my decision to stay off it. I know that I'm not always gona find it so easy to stay dry, I guess there is a ton of situations ahead of me when I may be tempted, but seeing the results of binging on booze is definetly more reasons for me to remind myself EXACTLY why I have chosen a different path. I don't want to go back there!
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 2,689 Member Member Posts: 2,689 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo Ouch! I can just feel his pain and suffering from here. Whisky is a tough one- especially since he's so young; I bet his tolerance is not that high. Lesson learned. I have uttered "never again" millions of times. I am hoping he will be better than us and learn young. <3