Calorie Counter

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 2,652 Member Member Posts: 2,652 Member
    @aroze0928 I have a 22 year old son and a 19 year old daughter. My daughter has anxiety (but is on meds) and I feel that that has been one of the reasons I turned to alcohol year ago. Anyway, I agree with you as a parent to tell our children the lessons we have learned and about the familial patterns of alcoholism/heavy drinking that run in our family.
  • donimfpdonimfp Member Posts: 631 Member Member Posts: 631 Member
    This book may have been mentioned here before, but if it was, I missed it. I'm reading "Mrs. D. Goes Without" by Lotta Dann. I'm finding it delightful and insightful. It's her account of mostly the process of quitting drinking, with just a little of her background, which is fairly tame. She was a drinker like many of us--keeping it together well with job, kids, etc., but drinking way too much. I've read a good bit of "Quit Lit," and I'm enjoying this light read very much. I bought the Kindle version after reading the almost unanimous 5-star reviews on Amazon.
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 2,652 Member Member Posts: 2,652 Member
    @donimfp Thanks for the book suggestions. I just downloaded Mrs. D and hopped into bed to read it on this rainy day. :)
  • Beka3695Beka3695 Member Posts: 3,145 Member Member Posts: 3,145 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo - I love seeing your smiling face in your profile. You are absolutely beautiful!!!
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,210 Member Member Posts: 4,210 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @FeelinFooFoo - I love seeing your smiling face in your profile. You are absolutely beautiful!!!

Aaaaw thank you @Beka3695 😊 I was admiring your profile pic as well it's lovely. I like your hair cut I'm considering going shorter when I can finally get back to a salon. Think the 15th July they open but think I'l hang off for a while to let the ques calm down. Actually, a few folk at work have commented on how I look and said I look really well. I was like, yeah okay, thank you. And they were like no, seriously, whatever your doing right now, it's working! It's been so so nice to recieve genuine compliments, especially from other women. So, leaving the booze alone seems to do wonders for my appearance. I think that's a definite plus point to not drinking. ☺🤘