The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Every famous person that reveals a story like this, surely helps many many others.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/30/entertainment/chrissy-teigen-sober-scli-intl/index.html
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Dec 27 2020, one year alcohol free :)

Bravo!!! Amazing and wise!
  • RubyRed427
    donimfp wrote: »
    Hey @RubyRed427, in 1998 I created an educational publishing company and in 1999 quit teaching to run it full time. It grew so big I sold it to an investor in 2006 and continued on as VP product development until 2018. I’m just sharing this to say that if I can help in any way, holler.

Yes yes yes- I will need some advice. I do not have a business mind; I'm creative but not in business. I will message you my phone number and we can talk sometime. Thank you!
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Think the Alcohol and Sugar lobbyists might be sleeping with our wonderful U.S. government? https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-u-s-dietary-guidelines-reject-recommendation-to-cut-sugar-alcohol-intake-11609254000
    Two of the most addictive and detrimental substances on the planet. I have no words for this. Yes, I do. Disgust.

Thank you for the sober school tips. I'll let you know what I decide and how it goes. Funny, I just saw Anthony's post before coming over here--love that man.
    @RubyRed427 That's wonderful you're inspired! I'm hoping that I can kick *something* into high gear while not drinking. Memoir, business idea, becoming the next Chess Queen. B) I think this is where patience meets my fav slogan of all time--"Just Do It." So bravo to you for jumping in and be fearless! I'm full of marketing ideas (and cheesy slogans), so hit me up if you ever want to brainstorm.
    I'd personally rather be posting on here the intentional things I'm doing (because I'm not letting alcohol get in the way), than the # days I've gone without drinking. Because *that's* the ultimate goal.

Cheers to a Hangover-Free New Year!
  • RubyRed427
    @mainelylisa OMG that is disgusting! That article and the refusal to limit alcohol is definitely lobby based.

The lobby groups are the most powerful especially tobacco and alcohol groups.

I once read an article that the American Health Association will sell their logo to food companies for a good price. The example being on a box of Frosted Flakes , the company purchased the "healthy heart label".
    We know that Frosted Flakes cereal offers no nutritional value and they were able to put the National Heart Association label on their box!!