Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• JenT304JenT304 Member Posts: 823 Member Member Posts: 823 Member
    @lloydrt I've been wondering where you had gone! 1006 days is so very inspiring! Happy new year to you and yours!
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 3,163 Member Member Posts: 3,163 Member
    kglunjogh1sj.jpg

What a refreshing advertisement in a way.
  • donimfpdonimfp Member Posts: 782 Member Member Posts: 782 Member
    Happy New Year, everyone. I'm looking forward to my first calendar year sober! Wednesday will be 6 months.

Foo Foo, I can't believe the "boys" didn't drink on New Year's Eve. Good for them and good for you. 70 days??? Wow! You are doing great. Enjoy your beautiful Scottish weather (homesick here!! If you ever wanna swap Glasgow/Texas houses for a holiday, just let me know :) ).
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,738 Member Member Posts: 4,738 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @FeelinFooFoo I LOVE your story and I am so glad you were firm with the lads! Happy New Year to you all!

😊💖
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,738 Member Member Posts: 4,738 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    Happy New Year, everyone. I'm looking forward to my first calendar year sober! Wednesday will be 6 months.

Foo Foo, I can't believe the "boys" didn't drink on New Year's Eve. Good for them and good for you. 70 days??? Wow! You are doing great. Enjoy your beautiful Scottish weather (homesick here!! If you ever wanna swap Glasgow/Texas houses for a holiday, just let me know :) ).

I gave them plenty notice I wasn't up for a 'free for all boozing session' I didn't try to stop them drinking but I requested they take my feelings into consideration & just take it easy. I think the fact they see me not drinking, they maybe thought, well, we can do that as well. (I think so, anyway). Plus, I think it's maybe made them feel just a little uneasy at the fact I'm observing their antics while they are under the influence, and I'm stone cold sober 😆 they are used to it always being ME being the tipsy / drunk / silly / bit out of control one. They are used to laughing about ME. Shoe is on other foot now. Also think it helped so much that we had a plan for the day so I'm glad I did that and they agreed.

I don't know if your joking, but if you were serious, I would totally swap for a holiday ! Only problem would be getting the idea past my OH 🙄

This will also be my first calender year, sober. Can't wait & hope I can succeed with that goal !