The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,154 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Hi guys!!!! Hope everyone is enjoying a sober Sunday!!!

Awesome! you are doing very well!!
  • RubyRed427
    BeIn2day wrote: »
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    q8t8rtcuql9o.gif
    2 weeks AF.

One thing I am reminded of ~ how much happier I feel, when I don't drink alcohol. Alcohol definitely gives you a good rush and I can't deny that.....I guess its what makes it so tempting. But when I do drink, I ALWAYS feel flat and miserable afterwards. Nothing beats feeling good and happy, naturally.

You're right- alcohol is a depressant. The day after can be quite brutal - i feel jittery and nervous. It's so not worth it. Congrats on 2 weeks! :)

My 2 - 3 day hangovers are a big part of my reason for wanting to stop altogether.

Hell on earth some of those hangovers. I don't miss that...yucky. 🤢

I sure don't miss those hangovers. What an absolute waste of days. I remember two years ago, I would be lying in my bed in my apartment. And I'd envy everywhere else walking by on a beautiful sunny day. And I was too sick to get up. totally yucky! :/
  • RubyRed427
    I am concerned about our friend Foo Foo. Has anyone heard from her? Did I miss something?

I'm doing well. I am occasionally drinking but not crazy. I take one Naltrexone before I know I'm going out and amazingly, I stop after two.
    Wow- like a normal drinker.

p.s. Disclaimer_ I am no fool. I do know that while right now, it's all working for me, I better be careful!!!
  • RubyRed427
    @BeIn2day We have a lot in common. Our bodies just cant handle much alcohol before a wicked reaction (hangover). My friends can't understand that- we can drink the same amount, but at the end of an evening I am the one with my head in the toilet.

My ex's new girlfriend can apparently hold her liquor. My ex told me how he and the girlfriend once drank a whole bottle of vodka in an evening. I wanted to say "Bravo, yahoo. good for you."
    I wish i could drink that much without pain, but it's not for me.
  • RubyRed427
    @BeIn2day I'm so embarrassed. I didnt know this was you Foo Foo.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    5fyq9ozp0x5p.jpg

*challenges myself to another 30 days AF*

Wooo hoooo!!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,476 Member
    @Bein2day <3<3<3 Hugs
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Good Morn <3 This is off topic and I do not want to create a heated debate due to the emotional component of the subject. This is just a fact-finding mission on my part. I'm wondering what the Covid climate is in varying parts of the world. I know what mainstream media says, but am skeptical about how accurate their reports are. I'm wondering what your personal experiences have been through this....I know this is a fearful time due to the uncertainty & conflicting information and I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone.

Hope everyone is well B)
  • RubyRed427
    Phew ! 😥

That was close 😳

Had thoughts of a bottle of wine AND cigarettes for tonight. (Tough day at work).

Oh my. The thought of it felt good. FOR A FEW MINUTES.

And THANK GOODNESS I remembered why I decided to stop drinking / smoking. I decided I'm not flinging it all away, cos of one stinking day at work. I'm not letting it beat me !! I went to the gym after work instead and ran it off. Feel a lot better now.

Thanks for all the support on here 🙏 🙌 ❤

Bravo! You beat the craving!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,476 Member
    @BeIn2day I agree about not wanting to spend the morning anxiety ridden and nauseous. Yuck. I'm going to a birthday brunch today....6 of us in the family have September birthdays. I'm sure to eat too many delightful things but will not indulge in the mimosas and wine.