Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 3,156 Member Member Posts: 3,156 Member
    30 days AF 👌😁

Only another 104 days until I am back at my personal best. Can't wait.

Tattoo parlours are open on 26th April in Scotland, so I will be phoning to book an appointment then.....my tattoo will represent my 100 days AF that I managed on prior streak and also be for my parents so it will be really special for me. Really special. ❤🦋🌹💯

That is beautiful. I can't wait to see your tattoo if you want to share it with us. I love the double meaning. Congrats on day 30!!
    @donimfp It will all work itself out. You had a long run AF for six months; you can use those tools you used before, once again.
    I don't believe willpower works, so you may need to reread (like you said) books, focus on sobriety, meditate, etc.
    I believe in you!!
    Thanks for sharing; every time someone shares their experiences, it helps me sooo much.

I have a little voice that sometimes whispers, "sure you can go back to drinking and be normal." I can see for many of us, it's so hard to be a moderate drinker.

@mtngrl3 Sounds like your ex husband needs some parenting lessons- sorry to be blunt. He should be more respectful of you in regards to his girlfriend (having your kids call her mom). That is too confusing for children.
    He should also be big enough to acknowledge your efforts!!! I'm so proud of you!!

I learned a new term just now "California Sober."

Of course, when I read it, I thought 'wow maybe I can be California sober???".
    Nope, won't work for me unfortunately.

Here's an article about it. It's about Demi Lovato and experts in alcohol use disorder.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/health-wellness/2021/04/06/demi-lovato-dancing-devil-explores-california-sober-concept/7089763002/
  • Up_n_RunningUp_n_Running Member Posts: 170 Member Member Posts: 170 Member
    @donimfp you are NEVER boring ! I love to hear how your getting on. You can & will get back on track to where you want to be. As for 'the boys' maybe you can see now why I have gave them that nickname lol they are like a couple of teenagers once they crack the drink open....to be honest, after their last KILLER hangover, they are sworn off booze. We shall see. I'm definitely not being kept up all night, ever again! 😊
  • Up_n_RunningUp_n_Running Member Posts: 170 Member Member Posts: 170 Member
    @mtngrl3 happy for you that you have been able to get back into your gardening. 😊 having that sober tool box is what it's all about since we are chosing not to use our old crutch, alcohol. Huge kudos to you for dipping into your tool kit and dealing with your ex in the way you did. Ultimately you and your kids will benefit from that. 💖