The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• BeIn2day
    BeIn2day Posts: 1,333 Member
    Had an extremely lifelike drinking dream last night.

Wow. Its incredible what the mind is capable of....im getting tipsy in my dreams 😆
  • BeIn2day
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @RubyRed427 That is unfortunate about your experience and it is too bad one overly talkative woman marred the experience for you. And you are right; sometimes the pressure to be better can be too much. Sometimes I just have to tell myself, "you are not broken, you are fine just the way you are" and try to get myself to believe that. It is not always easy.

I really like your positive self talk. 👌💖
  • BeIn2day
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Ok i went to Women for Sobriety group tonight. The main idea/message is delightful and positive. The participants were nice, but one new woman dominated and it was too much. It was also quite far from my house (45 min drive on the highway, so I am going to look inward and try to do less self help through outside resources and just chill out. Sometime, the pressure to be better is suffocating. I'm exhausted.

Sorry to hear your meeting didn't go as well as you had hoped. 🧡
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Seriously strong craving to go buy wine ! Aaaargh 😫

I am gona have to breath through it and distract myself with a film.

Think the craving hit cos it's Friday, it's sunny, and I am reminiscing about the days when me and my partner used to crack open a bottle together. But, I don't want a hangover tomorrow. Planning a trek together tomorrow so I don't want to miss that. Better pick out a good movie ! 🎥

Thinking of you! How is your tattoo healing? I bet you love it!
  • BeIn2day
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Seriously strong craving to go buy wine ! Aaaargh 😫

I am gona have to breath through it and distract myself with a film.

Think the craving hit cos it's Friday, it's sunny, and I am reminiscing about the days when me and my partner used to crack open a bottle together. But, I don't want a hangover tomorrow. Planning a trek together tomorrow so I don't want to miss that. Better pick out a good movie ! 🎥

Thinking of you! How is your tattoo healing? I bet you love it!

Hi Ruby! It's going through the healing process and it looks quite wrinkley and scabby ! But apparently when this all clears away in a few weeks, it will look lovely! I absolutely freaking love it 😀😍
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Confession time 😬

I drank a bottle of wine on Saturday when we came back from our hike. I have felt so many mixed emotions about it, but I'm hesitant to make too massive a deal over it. Instead I'm going to use it as a learning opportunity and try to understand why I drank. It was definitely a FOMO (fear of missing out) that came over me. And the whole 'one day at a time' thing went completely out the window. I sat panicked thinking well, are you NEVER drinking again ? Wow. It all just sneaked up on me. In a way its not a shock. My partner and brother have had drink in the house, alcohol is literally everywhere you look right now being the summer and all the outdoor seating.

I'm still very proud of myself. 4 months and 2 weeks and I have had 1 drinking session. That's pretty awesome I think.

Hope everyone is well. 😊 so glad to have this thread to post on. It is a help for me.

Yes FOMO is a real feeling and I understand how you felt. Your AF record is awesome!