Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• BeIn2dayBeIn2day Member Posts: 674 Member Member Posts: 674 Member
    ^^ yep 💙💛
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 3,454 Member Member Posts: 3,454 Member
    BeIn2day wrote: »
    @BeIn2day ~ I agree, "Sober IS better" AND today is a new day!! It's all part of the journey and remember to repeat these words to yourself when you begin the boxing match in your head, "I am EXACTLY where I need to be right now!!" It helps me to reset to the present and the blessings of being me...remember the blessings of being YOU!! No more ~ No less <3

Thank you Lorraine 😊 🤗💖
    No worries- get back on track. I agree there is a little voice that tells us to drink and we hear it. So, if you're 99 percent of the time sober, you are doing amazing!
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 3,454 Member Member Posts: 3,454 Member
    Hi 👋

I had a drink on Friday night after work. I totally get it when they say "relapse happens way before you take a drink. It happens in your mind first."

I knew I was going to drink. But I'm not being hard on myself. Just getting back on the wagon.

Some good things that came of it ~

I was quick to realise I just don't have the same level of excitement before drinking. I wasn't really looking forward to it. I felt like it was just more out of habit than anything else.

I didn't actually get much enjoyment from drinking the alcohol. It just doesn't taste nice. I was drinking to become intoxicated. Not for the taste.

I hated the stinking hangover.

I realise I could have had a much more productive weekend and done something else that didn't involve a single drop of alcohol to make myself feel better.

Sober is better ! 😌

Just caught up with your post. Ahh the hangover is such a bummer.
    Back on track though!
    <3
  • SunnyDays930SunnyDays930 Member Posts: 926 Member Member Posts: 926 Member
    @Beka3695 You can do this. If you need a boost, watch some of the sober school blogs. Kate makes so much sense. thesoberschool.com then click on Kate's blog.
  • SunnyDays930SunnyDays930 Member Posts: 926 Member Member Posts: 926 Member
    @Bein2day. Hugs to you. We all know how you feel. I am going to a college sorority reunion in Florida tomorrow for a long weekend and I am looking forward and dreading it at the same time. The temptations are going to be high...we were hard partying girls in college. I want to keep that wine witch at bay because I know I can't moderate. My plan is to stick with NA beers and hope no one pressures me or I feel so much like a dork I cave. I can tell you right now that if I embarrass myself at this once in a lifetime event, it will not have been worth it.
    Thanks @JenT304 😊

I hope you have a fantastic time at the reunion. I know what you mean about looking forward to / dreading an upcoming event. I think it must be because of all our 'drinking days' and our old 'drinking selves'. That feeling of it must be safe - because its familiar and EVERYONE else is boozing....

It's like I develop amnesia to all the ways booze has battered me in the past. It can be so friggin tricky !!
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Hi 👋

I had a drink on Friday night after work. I totally get it when they say "relapse happens way before you take a drink. It happens in your mind first."

I knew I was going to drink. But I'm not being hard on myself. Just getting back on the wagon.

Some good things that came of it ~

I was quick to realise I just don't have the same level of excitement before drinking. I wasn't really looking forward to it. I felt like it was just more out of habit than anything else.

I didn't actually get much enjoyment from drinking the alcohol. It just doesn't taste nice. I was drinking to become intoxicated. Not for the taste.

I hated the stinking hangover.

I realise I could have had a much more productive weekend and done something else that didn't involve a single drop of alcohol to make myself feel better.

Sober is better ! 😌

Just caught up with your post. Ahh the hangover is such a bummer.
    Back on track though!
    <3

Hi Ruby ! Oh yeah. The hangover. Mmmm. Mine hangs around for like 2, 3 days and I feel kinda like the guy looks in this gif.....😂 I'm laughing. And crying at the same time.
    8tu6xmk9762k.gif
    Not fun. Luckily I'm 5 days AF now.
    k58roda2favy.jpg
    Think its time to start reading this....heard so many good reviews....can't wait to read it. 📚