Welcome to the new Community design. We know there are some big changes to get used to as well some challenges and bugs. Please check out our post about New Updates To The Community as well as Outstanding Bugs. We will continue to collect feedback and bug issues and will work to make improvements.

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• BeIn2day
    BeIn2day Posts: 822 Member
    z0331fw5slku.jpeg

Time is slowly adding up

Your doing so well ! Inspiring ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Š

Happy 60 days ๐ŸŽˆ
  • BeIn2day
    Hi, I'm looking to give up alcohol for a month or two. At least for now. It's become one of those things that's only very slightly more fun than being sober, and has far too many negatives that come with it.

I also don't smoke daily, but when I drink I lose control with the cigarettes, and my throat is so destroyed the next day because of it that I feel so stupid for having done something that gave me a mini buzz for 2 mins at best. It just feels so right at this point to say no and finally feel free in some way that I didn't even know waa imprisoning me before.

The same happens to me with the cigarettes. I really hate smoking & how it makes me feel. Another great reason for me to steer clear of the ethanol !! (Buying cigarettes is SO expensive, as well. Here in UK it's like ยฃ10 per pack).
  • tarunnurat
    tarunnurat Posts: 8 Member
    Hi, I'm looking to give up alcohol for a month or two. At least for now. It's become one of those things that's only very slightly more fun than being sober, and has far too many negatives that come with it.

I also don't smoke daily, but when I drink I lose control with the cigarettes, and my throat is so destroyed the next day because of it that I feel so stupid for having done something that gave me a mini buzz for 2 mins at best. It just feels so right at this point to say no and finally feel free in some way that I didn't even know waa imprisoning me before.

The same happens to me with the cigarettes. I really hate smoking & how it makes me feel. Another great reason for me to steer clear of the ethanol !! (Buying cigarettes is SO expensive, as well. Here in UK it's like ยฃ10 per pack).

That's crazy expensive! I only ever bum cigarettes from whoever I'm drinking with, but ยฃ10 would probably make me do a quadruple take.

Here cigarettes are really cheap and you can also buy them loose instead of buying whole packs. Luckily even the smell of someone else smoking has started putting me off.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 3,498 Member
    @Beka3695 Keep that momentum going, because if you drink, you'll find nothing has changed. You will be back at square one.
    So proud of you!!! Keep it up, friend~ <3
  • RubyRed427
    @BeIn2day HA! The hangover movie is so funny! That gif is great! He is missing a tooth in that scene.
  • RubyRed427

Best wishes. Get some AF book to motivate, watch videos, journal... But ultimately take it one day at a time.
    Lately, wine gives me a sore throat the next day. So, I can see how cigarettes do that to yours.
  • RubyRed427
    10 days sober today.

Think I need to go back to the basics and really focus on my sobriety. Think I let it slip and the wine witch was all too eager to cast her spell ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I hope I can just learn from my recent slip ups. I won't give up hope. Just keep trying.

Don't give up hope!
  • BeIn2day
    Hi Sober Squad ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜

Hope everyone is doing well, just thought I'd ask ya'll what 1 of your favourite benefits are of quitting / interrupting your alcohol intake?

For me, it's discovering my love of reading. I have an actual hobby now !! I would never have discovered this had I not stopped / interrupted my drinking. Reading has opened up a whole new world for me.

May have to buy more book shelves ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ“š
  • RubyRed427
    Hi Sober Squad ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜

Hope everyone is doing well, just thought I'd ask ya'll what 1 of your favourite benefits are of quitting / interrupting your alcohol intake?

For me, it's discovering my love of reading. I have an actual hobby now !! I would never have discovered this had I not stopped / interrupted my drinking. Reading has opened up a whole new world for me.

It's having a tons of time in the evening after work to do lots of things. Teaching myself how to build a website, create a small business, yes reading too like you, ....

Also, I like remembering the night before.
  • BeIn2day
    Hi Sober Squad ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜

It's been awhile since I dropped in, I hope everyone is doing well, making progress and finding peace. I just checked ny app and I'm at 942 days, but if I had to list my favorite benefit of quitting is not thinking about drinking all the time. I also now realize that I looked forward to drinking more than the drinking itself. In hindsight, drinking had taken the place of a lot of good things that most of us take for granted. A good night's sleep, a remembered and deep conversation with a loved one...the list goes on.

Big congrats on your 942 days ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ™Œ ๐Ÿ˜Š

I look forward to reaching the place where I'm not thinking about drinking or at least barely thinking about it. So much more stuff in life, not just alcohol. It's great to realise that ๐Ÿ˜Œ
  • BeIn2day
    Hi Sober Squad ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜

It's having a tons of time in the evening after work to do lots of things. Teaching myself how to build a website, create a small business, yes reading too like you, ....

Also, I like remembering the night before.

All the extra time is fantastic ! It sure is great to reclaim the 2nd part of our day, after the working day is over. When I stay AF, it completely changes my weekend. I always feel like, yes ! I have actually had a BREAK ! I'm returning to work on Monday feeling rested and relaxed. Time is something we don't get back, so freeing up some time is always good ๐Ÿ‘Œ ๐Ÿ˜Œ ๐Ÿ™‚
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 897 Member
    GOOOOD Morning...I hope everyone is healthy & happy today...when things get tough remember this: "I am EXACTLY where I need to be right now." I repeat this phrase to myself regularly when I get anxious about the future or regrets about the past. It brings me back to the present <3

I hope everyone is hangin in B)
  • RubyRed427
    GOOOOD Morning...I hope everyone is healthy & happy today...when things get tough remember this: "I am EXACTLY where I need to be right now." I repeat this phrase to myself regularly when I get anxious about the future or regrets about the past. It brings me back to the present <3

I hope everyone is hangin in B)

I'm doing well! I drink on occasion but not like I used to. Of course, sobriety 24/7 is best for me, but sometimes "good enough" is what I can do. My daughter turned 21 and we both had a drink at lunch. She was so excited to order one.

I guess that's normal; but I didn't promote it with her. I remained neutral. She knows my struggle with alcohol and I've spoke frankly on it. It's her journey now.