How did you begin?

2»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I lost weight for several months after I went to 'maintenance'. I had first upped by 250 calories, then (when I was still losing) upped another 250, which should have been maintenance. I slowed down. Eventually (I've been doing this 6 years), I had to drop down another 250. I don't know if that's because my logging is sloppier (I don't think so) or I've gotten older and my body has changed.

But it is truly my belief and experience that we have certain set points that it's easier for our bodies to hit. For me, I was 175, 160, 150, and 140. I can move off those weights (they're really ranges), but it takes work. But once I'm on them, I can have a lot of variation in my diet and exercise and my body just SITS at that weight. 150 is my 'natural' healthy weight, I think. I got grumpy lower than that because I run out of calories. I returned to it after both kids easily. That's where I like to maintain (I'm 5'10" and 'rose' shaped - it looks good on me).

I went to maintenance at 150, but my body was still in that downward slide mode and I didn't really stop until 142. I had to up my calories a lot (see above) to get back to 150. But then I maintained there a long time.