Worst First Dates

124»

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Taisho, Osaka Japan with an American man I met at a family member's wedding. I don't recall much about the wedding as I had just landed and was seriously jet lagged. We messaged and talked a lot post wedding and arranged to meet up at a Sake bar. Lord knows what I was thinking as I am not a fan of alcohol and am a bonafide lightweight. So, Bunta Yaki Yaki Sake bar in Taisho..he was quite nervous which made me nervous so to deal with the awkward vibe we both drank a lot of sake! And I ended up leaving a trail of vomit from the bar to the toilet in a failed attempt to make it to the bathroom. Sorry Japan :|

Oh no....I had a date vomit red wine all over my perfectly white carpets, I never saw that security deposit again....

Given the number of dates resulting in extensive cleaning, have you started covering stuff in plastic? :p Or at least Scotchguarding the hell out of it.

Hahahahaha this made my morning!!

Sadly I just stopped dating.

Clearly you were dating the wrong women

I know, the right ones never seem to pay much attention to me....Which is why I decided on focusing on who I was as a person, not who I wanted.

Good thinking. I'm thinking the same at the moment. That and there are a distinct lack of options, so I'd rather just be content by myself than constantly disappointing and yearning for the unattainable
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I was supposed to have a first date last night. The date wasn't bad because it didn't happen. I went grocery shopping alone instead. That was much better than what I imagine the date would have been like. After accusing me of being married because I was not answering his texts fast enough and a few other major red flags I cancelled the date. That's when the real psycho came out.
    I'm giving up on dating.

Hugs. I stopped dating months ago. I'm enjoying my alone time. And i look forward to it happening organically.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    My first and only dating app first date.
    We seemed to hit it off when we talked beforehand, conversation flowed easily.
    I drove an hour to meet him for an early dinner and was pleased when I saw him and he looked like his pics.
    He seemed to be pleased with me.
    We were all smiles, sat down, ordered then just sat there and stared at each other.
    He wouldn’t talk.
    I brought up every topic I could think of and nothing.
    I don’t think he laughed once and I can be pretty *kitten* funny when I try.
    After dinner he asked if I wanted to go to his hotel for a drink.
    He honestly thought I would say yes,
    I didn’t.
    He got rude, I left.
    I decided dating apps are not for me.
  • Versicolour
    I drove an hour to meet him for an early dinner and was pleased when I saw him and he looked like his pics.
    We were all smiles, sat down, ordered then just sat there and stared at each other.
    He wouldn’t talk.
    I didn’t.
    He got rude, I left.

This reminds me of an incident where assumptions ruled.
    I was a virgin and had no interest in losing that to just anyone. I was dating this guy for a little while (like a month maybe). He tells me he wants to show me something in his bedroom. I'm naive, so I go. He tells me to sit on the bed and proceeds to take off his pants. He is wearing a tuxedo g-string (complete with bow tie). I laughed so hard! I had never seen anything so funny! He tried to get me to take it off. I refused and left his room and he stayed and sulked. He broke up with me shortly after that. Come to think of it, he never actually took me on an actual date
  • inherentst0rm
    inherentst0rm Posts: 84 Member
    He wouldn’t talk.
    I didn’t.
    He got rude, I left.

I was a virgin and had no interest in losing that to just anyone. I was dating this guy for a little while (like a month maybe). He tells me he wants to show me something in his bedroom. I'm naive, so I go. He tells me to sit on the bed and proceeds to take off his pants. He is wearing a tuxedo g-string (complete with bow tie). I laughed so hard! I had never seen anything so funny! He tried to get me to take it off. I refused and left his room and he stayed and sulked. He broke up with me shortly after that. Come to think of it, he never actually took me on an actual date

But it was a tuxedo....would have been super classy!! 😋
  • Versicolour
    He wouldn’t talk.
    I didn’t.
    He got rude, I left.

😂😂😂😂
    Yeah.... No
  • inherentst0rm
    inherentst0rm Posts: 84 Member
    He wouldn’t talk.
    I didn’t.
    He got rude, I left.

😂😂😂😂
    Yeah.... No

Haha
  • blueunicorn125
    blueunicorn125 Posts: 411 Member
    On this particular first date, I thought things went well, and he paid for dinner even though I offered. The next day he called and said he wanted to see me again but he couldn't afford to go out all the time. I said I understood and gave him some ideas of things to do that were free, apparently that wasn't good enough because what he really wanted was to come to my house. When I said no, he had the nerve to tell me "this is why men don't like to pay for a woman's dinner". Really?! I did offer to pay for my own, Jerk! Are there any good single men left, geez?!
  • DanR_85
    DanR_85 Posts: 60 Member
    On this particular first date, I thought things went well, and he paid for dinner even though I offered. The next day he called and said he wanted to see me again but he couldn't afford to go out all the time. I said I understood and gave him some ideas of things to do that were free, apparently that wasn't good enough because what he really wanted was to come to my house. When I said no, he had the nerve to tell me "this is why men don't like to pay for a woman's dinner". Really?! I did offer to pay for my own, Jerk! Are there any good single men left, geez?!

Hmm, decency isn't dead - but if anything, it sounds like you certainly had a lucky escape by only meeting him the once.
  • blueunicorn125
    DanR_85 wrote: »

Hmm, decency isn't dead - but if anything, it sounds like you certainly had a lucky escape by only meeting him the once.

Right!! It was not good but could have been worse!
  • DanR_85

One of my favourite comedy sketches used to be Louis CK describing how bleak it must be for a single woman on the dating scene, and how every date must be a bit of a shot in the dark. His words were "If you're a guy, imagine every date you go on being a case of meeting up with a half-lion, half bear, and thinking 'ugh, I hope this one's nice"

Ironically, that same comedian turned out to be something of a sexual predator :/
  • blueunicorn125

One of my favourite comedy sketches used to be Louis CK describing how bleak it must be for a single woman on the dating scene, and how every date must be a bit of a shot in the dark. His words were "If you're a guy, imagine every date you go on being a case of meeting up with a half-lion, half bear, and thinking 'ugh, I hope this one's nice"

Ironically, that same comedian turned out to be something of a sexual predator :/

Wow, interesting! This man very well could have been and ironically he told me he thouoght his dad was one. He had the nerve to also say that I was "untouchable". Ummm, I guess so if you think you're going to come to my house within an hour of meeting you. Grrr
  • DanR_85

Wow, interesting! This man very well could have been and ironically he told me he thouoght his dad was one. He had the nerve to also say that I was "untouchable". Ummm, I guess so if you think you're going to come to my house within an hour of meeting you. Grrr

"Untouchable" after one date? Yeah, he sounds, how do I put this? Socially inept? You dodged a bullet there. Obviously I've no idea how hard it must be for a woman to meet somebody nice, but the whole "are there any decent men out there?" thing is something I hear a lot, and I'm British, we're supposed to be chivalrous :#
  • blueunicorn125

"Untouchable" after one date? Yeah, he sounds, how do I put this? Socially inept? You dodged a bullet there. Obviously I've no idea how hard it must be for a woman to meet somebody nice, but the whole "are there any decent men out there?" thing is something I hear a lot, and I'm British, we're supposed to be chivalrous :#

I know right! Its brutal out there!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I was supposed to have a first date last night. The date wasn't bad because it didn't happen. I went grocery shopping alone instead. That was much better than what I imagine the date would have been like. After accusing me of being married because I was not answering his texts fast enough and a few other major red flags I cancelled the date. That's when the real psycho came out.
    I'm giving up on dating.

I like to go to the grocery store late at night so I can pretend I'm dating. If I see someone I like, I follow her around the store and only get items that she also gets. I do this because I heard imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If she looks at me I pretend to read the nearest item's label. If she confronts me, which usually happens by the 4 or 5th aisle, I say, "Are we in the laxatives aisle? 'Cause the thought of hooking up with you is running though my mind like crazy."

It's great because I don't actually have to date. I've heard a lot of stories about some weirdos out there.