Options
124»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I am supposed to take some kind of fish oil to help with HDL but I haven't found one yet that doesn't cause me to burp up a fishy taste . . . and I HATE fish.

Protip: Try refrigerating your fish oil caps. I keep mine in the 'fridge and never get fish burps. Some people have even resorted to freezing them, but I haven't had to go that far.

You know I'm on Team Anvil - but that sounds like the wooiest woo that ever did woo.

:lol:

I'm with earlnabby - ain't no way no how.

I do like fish though, just not those fish burps.

Looked it up. Apparently the thought is that the frozen capsule doesn't thaw and release the oil until it is in the small intestine so there is nothing in the stomach to burp up. Not sure I want to spend money to try it.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I don't take them because I have a pretty varied diet. However, I do give them to my 9 year old because his diet is terrible.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I am supposed to take some kind of fish oil to help with HDL but I haven't found one yet that doesn't cause me to burp up a fishy taste . . . and I HATE fish.

Protip: Try refrigerating your fish oil caps. I keep mine in the 'fridge and never get fish burps. Some people have even resorted to freezing them, but I haven't had to go that far.

You know I'm on Team Anvil - but that sounds like the wooiest woo that ever did woo.

:lol:

I'm with earlnabby - ain't no way no how.

I do like fish though, just not those fish burps.

Looked it up. Apparently the thought is that the frozen capsule doesn't thaw and release the oil until it is in the small intestine so there is nothing in the stomach to burp up. Not sure I want to spend money to try it.

Maybe if you take it with PH correct fluids.

JK.

I mean, no. I've taken fish oil caps in the past and it's horrible. I did like the Barleans Total Omega (I think it was lemon flavored) Oil. It comes in liquid form. It didn't give me the fish burps.

I just eat some shrimp or tuna or fish and chips now.