Non boring chicken breast recipes????

13»

Replies

• kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Tons of recipes on the web.
  • lark1964
    lark1964 Posts: 5 Member
    Fast, simple. 1 jar of Goya medium verde salsa. 3 pounds (ish) of boneless chicken breast. 1 tbl olive oil, heat it just a tad, put the chicken breasts on high for about 10 minutes until they get a little bit cooked, and then pour in the salsa, put the heat at about medium. Let it simmer for about 1.5 hours. It will be falling apart and absolutely delicious! Pour it on anything, eat it in tacos or with salad or veggies.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited April 2019
    I like to dry rub a packet of taco sauce onto about 1-1.5 pounds of chicken and bake.
    This goes well over roasted bell pepper strips and drained black beans, with some shredded cheese on top.
    Makes for a fairly quick and easy meal with a lot of flavor.

Edited due to spelling
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited April 2019
    Well, yea, I think its about low calorie seasonings. So you pound the chicken breast flat (I remove the midline connective tissue), put it in a ziplock bag, take few squirts of balsamic glaze, minced garlic and maybe a squeeze of lemon and back in the frig for 3 hours, then sautee with roasted red bell peppers (canned in water) and saute with a pat of butter.
    Two breast fillets next to a Spring greens mix dressed only with balsamic glaze.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    This cookbook has helped me: https://www.amazon.com/Just-Add-Sauce-Revolutionary-Everything/dp/1945256249
    It's a cookbook of just sauces. So you can take chicken and veggies, grilled/sauteed/sheet pan etc, and change them up with different sauces to make something different and interesting. Stir fry sauces, dressings, yogurt sauces, pasta sauces, marinades, glazes, etc. Just get friendly with the recipe builder in MFP - I save the sauces as their own recipes in there so even if I put it on say pork tenderloin instead of chicken next time I can just re-use the entry.

Thanks for this! It looks interesting and I LOVE America's Test Kitchen.