Is there any Type 1 diabetics here ? ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

Type 1 diabetic using this app to help me gain a control of it. Iโ€™m a 27 year old female whoโ€™s ready to start a family and I really need to get my life together. ๐Ÿ˜ŠHope everyone had something good happened today! ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

Replies

• alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    I'm not. But I have an 11 yr old daughter who was just diagnosed on June 26th. I'd love to add you, you may be able to give me advice.
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Follow t1d Laura Kronen on Twitter...
  • cryptidsun
    cryptidsun Posts: 14 Member
    oh man, i literally just joined the other day and was going to make my own intro post! any other type ones (or type one adjacents :tongue: ) feel free to add me too! i'm 25 and i live in the uk. i've been diabetic for 10 years so...
  • chikaly27
    chikaly27 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm not. But I have an 11 yr old daughter who was just diagnosed on June 26th. I'd love to add you, you may be able to give me advice.

Iโ€™m sorry to hear that I got diagnosed when I was 21 and I know what a challenge it could be to adjust to a new life style. Iโ€™m here if you have any questions๐Ÿ’•
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Welcome @chikaly27 best community to find success
  • chikaly27
    chikaly27 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you so much! I am very motivated to continue working on my self, this community is really good at keeping me motivated ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • Try2018
    Try2018 Posts: 11 Member
    Yes. Iโ€™m type 1. Diagnosed when I was 16. Iโ€™m now 46. I use a dexcom CGM with my Animas pump. I just updated this app because I have 15lbs to loose and need to do this. Iโ€™m Married with 3 kids. I love life, my wife and sadly chocolate. ;)
  • T1D here! 28 now, diagnosed at 10. I wear a pump and am getting the Dexcom G6 soon. I've been logging for a week and a half now on MFP and all the lows are driving me crazy! Hate using some of my daily calories on the Capri Suns to get me back in range!

Overall, MFP has been really eye opening to start looking at the calorie count instead of just the carbs as I have only been doing in the past. I do love that eating restrictive calories does require less insulin overall.
  • daligrrrl
    daligrrrl Posts: 33 Member
    T1d here!
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    I kinda was on the borderline ...but things are better