September 2018 Running Challenge

Options
1848586878890»

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind words on Hobbes the Vizsla. We are waiting on his surgery date and then should have more information on the prognosis.

@marisap2010 and @MobyCarp - Congratulations on your Wineglass finishes!! Excellent race reports from both of you!!
    @marisap2010 - you are now a Marathoner!!! Yay!
    @mobycarp - another excellent AG group place! So glad you were able to overcome the bit of the wall you found and that you found a port-a-pot!

@mbaker566 - what a wonderful idea for a race! Congratulations!! Love the pictures! You look great and speed demon always looks so happy!

@MegaMooseEsq - the wig looks great!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @marisap2010 - Way to tough it out! Sometimes the slower runners have a harder race because they're still on the course when the faster runners are stretching, eating, and sheltered from the weather. It's a bigger deal in heat than rain, but it's still very real with the rain. My "mostly overcast and a little rain" race became your "mostly rainy" race."

It can also go the other way; at Oak Tree Half, I passed an early start runner at about mile 11. He had an hour of cooler weather and more shade before I started.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    Way to go @marisap2010 !
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Finished with my first ever half yesterday. Not an official race, just down lake Michigan and back. It had been a goal of mine this year and it feels great to get it done.

13.1 on the 30th gives me 82.4 of 80.

AWESOME! Well done!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Very cool @KWKirkbride! Congratulations. That is a great accomplishment!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Sparx_81 wrote: »
    2.5km done last night - on a dreadmill looking at an incredibly boring grey wall in the gym, after spinning. New trainers and new socks... Trainers were worn on Monday with no problems, socks too big so kept moving in my shoe so I've got a few rubs this morning, not blisters but nearly! You'd think a thing like socks would be a simple matter! :D also having issues with underwear... Like are all my clothes just out to get me?!

Have set a target of 1st December to do my first 5km park run!

I think a lot of runners go commando... I can’t bring myself to join the club. I found a pair of tech underwear on Fabletics website. They work well for my long runs.

• KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you @PastorVincent and @scott6255
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,957 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Life has gotten in the way and I haven't been able to keep up with all of the posts or run like I had planned. So, Sept was another fail on meeting my goal, but today is another day and I'll do all that I can in Oct. You all are an inspiration to me.

@marisap2010 Woo Hoo! Congratulations on your first marathon completion!

@ KWKirkbride Congratulations on your first Half! You guys are awesome!

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Just a note, September is over, join us all in the:

October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10698516/october-2018-monthly-running-challenge
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    No way, September can't be over already!! ... Oh well, I guess it really is? I need to run more in October than in September. I only came up with a little more than 120km.
    On the bright side, I'm quite happy that I managed to stick to my strength training goals.
    But my long in September were all rather short, only around 12~13km. I was fed up with getting up early to beat the heat, because that shouldn't be necessary in September! But it would have been, so due to starting way to late, always had to draw the line after 90 minutes, because it was way too hot in the sun.
    At least that should be better in October - we had a huge drop in temperatures, looks like autumn is finally here. So off into a better, colder running month it is now!:smile:
  • joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    September 1 - rest day
    September 2 - 13 km Club Run
    September 3 - 23 km run
    September 4 - 23 km run
    September 5 - rest day
    September 6 - 10 km Hill Repeats
    September 7 - 14 km run
    September 8 - rest day
    September 9 - 5 km
    September 10 - rest day - Tapering
    September 11 - rest day
    September 12 - 10 km run
    September 13 - Rest Day
    September 14 - 5km run
    September 15 - Rest Day
    September 16 -21.1 City To Bay Half
    Marathon
    September 17 - Holidays
    September 18 -Rest Day
    September 19 - Rest Day
    September 20 - 5 km run
    September 21 - Rest Day
    September 22 - 5 km run
    September 23 - Holidays
    September 24 - Holidays
    September 25 - Holidays
    September 26 - Holidays
    September 27 - Holidays
    September 28 - Holidays
    September 29 - Holidays
    September 30 - Holidays

134 km / goal 140 km.

Didn't quite make it to goal.Holidays got in the road which I'm not complaining about as totally relaxing and enjoying myself.

• Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Paid the 50 mile club dues mid month but didn’t quite make it to the 100 mile marker.
    Improvement tho @ 86.6 in Sept. :smiley:

2gEpm8.png

1HK2m8.png