WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Jokatdan51: Welcome to a great group. :smiley:

Rori: I’m glad that you had such a good experience having your car detailed. :smiley:

Machka: Congrats on an excellent Fun Run with your DH waiting for you at the finish line! I love the photos, especially the one of you with your big smile. :bigsmile:

Viv: I’m sorry about the loss of your Auntie. At the lofty age of 69, 77 seems way too young. :flowerforyou:

Cassie_Cassie: Welcome to a great group. :smiley:

Heather: Enjoy the birthday party and spending time with your son, DDIL & and their wonderful children. :star:

Lisa: I’m glad that you are enjoying your new home and getting things done. :smiley:

Penny: The photos of Longyearben are fabulous. Sorry if I’ve misspelled the name. :ohwell:

I’m going out to the stable and riding this afternoon. I think my friend who lets me ride her horse is frustrated with how unavailable I have been in recent weeks. I should get out there twice a week at least, but a combination of house guests and family obligations have kept me away. I’m probably looking like a big flake to her. This is also why I don’t buy a horse for myself. I am not in a position to give it the attention it would need.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
  • mnhtnbb
    mnhtnbb Posts: 11 Member
    Good morning, ladies. Should be almost good afternoon.

Been awol for a few days. Have had to go back to finish up logging food/exercise each day for several days now. Lots going on. Three nights out--in a row--for concert and ballet tickets. Loved that I could walk to the performances (only 5 blocks from my apartment, and yes, I included that in in my exercise total), but it totally threw off my daily routine.

Heather, what an ordeal with real estate transactions! I hope something finally gets resolved and you get to move where you want!

Going through a real estate challenge here, too, as part of the divorce. My husband and I own our house outright, which now has been vacant since he moved out last May and has not sold since it has been on the market for 4+ months. We've dropped the price twice, but the market in the town where the house is located is very seasonal--tied to the university calendar. If your house is on the market in the spring, much more chance of selling. The house didn't get on the market until mid-May (thanks to my husband dithering about where he would move) had an early low ball offer which we rejected and then the market died. My oldest son and his partner are thinking about buying the house, but it requires all kinds of creative thinking, and the agreement of our youngest son with the process. It's the last thing on his mind, as he is working on a PhD and completely involved with school. It's driving me nuts. The house is empty, my husband and I are both paying rent, and our youngest son is dragging his feet with looking at the options that our oldest son might have to make the purchase. Had brunch with my oldest son yesterday and he later talked to his brother. Maybe we'll get some feedback soon on whether one of the options for our oldest son to buy the house will work out, since it's not going to happen without his brother's agreement. Ugh.

And when I went to try and find this forum this morning, it wasn't in the side bar on my home page. Took me a while to find it!

• trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    edited September 2018
    wizzywig - Welcome back! I’m newly back too. Your post sounds familiar in tone. I think it may be the FLYLADY” reference. I followed her routine for a while, before my breathing and muscles made even her way too hard. Did you change your username? I’ve used “trucker743” since I started here, probably ten years ago. Do you have a name you prefer to use? I use “Sharon in the Seattle Area”, since it describes me both personally and geographically.

KJ Kelly - I just love the activities and walks you have the kids on. I have to admit, the video of the “Baby Shark” song cracks me up! Second childhood? Don’t know if I ever left the first. Yes, apparently Great Wolf Lidge is in lots of places.

mnhtnbb - I am going through the beginnings of the “multi-kids-one-house” thing. I own the home my kids spent vacation time visiting when their kids were young, and lots of good memories attached to it. It’s tough to get through the layers of sentiment, and none of them make it easy. Simple to say “It’s Yoyr house! Do what you want!” I would like to see my family in harmony instead of separated and stressed by emotional differences. We’ve been through that twice now - both for very difficult (read “criminal@!) issues. I would prefer to keep the peace.

GrandMallie - I hope you heed your instincts! Or at least figure out what about this fellow is triggering them. Doesn’t sound like he’d be capable of physical harm, but one never knows.

Great Wolf Lidge was a lot of fun. Instead of wasting my strength and energy on looooong hallways, the kids got a wheelchair from the Libby to get me back and forth to the water park area. I bobbed around in the wave pool, soaked in the indoor and outdoor hot tubs, and watched the adults playing like kids again themselves with Nicolas. He can swim better than any of the adults but my daughter. So he had great fun playing “keep away” on the last afternoon. It was all in fun, and after 2-½ days he was ready to head home the 2-½ hour ride. (Think Seattle traffic on a Friday afternoon!)

I was very glad to get home. No one else had a problem, but the bed was torture for me. Pillows were hard as rocks and I need several positioned at knees and back to sleep well. I will be SO GLAD to get the weight started coming off!

Sharon east of Seattle
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Friday only maintained login streak by a miracle, don't remember checking in at all.

Skimmed 5 pages, 10 pages to go, eek!

KJ Joaquin and Karen in VA Phoenix, thank YOU!
    Machka the Seasons in Tasmania are like the seasons in Idaho were, except that Summer was WAY too hot . . and then it was winter again. ;)

Playing hooky from church to finish the flower bed, so I'd best get up and do it.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 21/22, vits 5.5/22, meditate 9/22, walk one more step 22/22, knee exercises 9/22, core 5/10, walk Tumble 6/12 times, SWSY 0/6, hang up or purge art 2!, AF 15/22.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Katla ~ My husband has hundreds of email messages that he never bothers to get deleted. I clean mine up until the messages are empty each day or put them into categories.

I cleaned off my screened in porch today. Boy, it was and still is a mess. At one time it was a pleasant place to sit but now it needs painting and new screens. DH says there is no need to do it until we no longer have a dog. Ugh! :'(
  • pipcd34
    stats of the day:
    no gym workout

other- back up airstream w/handcrank= 94c - Apple Watch
    mow lawn and pickup poop and play w/yogi- 1hr, 6min, 33sec= 98ahr, 116mhr= 310c
    Apple Watch- 351c

total cal 404
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,320 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    I'm tucked in...my girlfriend gave a heavy comforter.it is so cozy...will be wonderful for winter....
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Our internet is wonky, in and out. Frontier was supposed to be here last week but never showed up. I have been able to read on my phone but don't like posting on it. We had crazy rain yesterday that flooded the goat shed again. We are trying to figure out a way to put up a gutter to route water away from the doorway but all the roof studs are different lengths and don't extend far enough for the gutter to catch the water from the roof. I have a cardiac stress test scheduled tomorrow. They said it would take a minimum of three hours at the hospital. Not looking forward to this. I am off caffeine for 24 hours and nothing to eat after midnight. The test does not start until 10:45 am. I think I am going to be really hungry when this is over.

Rebecca - DD has 2 new kittens that came from a Whidbey island rescue, Oskar and Rynn. I will try to post a picture.

Heather - Glad the birthday party went off well.

Katla - Hope you have a good ride and it is not too muddy.

Lisa - We have a machete but it does not do much good on blackberry vines. We have yet to see the back of our property, not at all sure we could find the markers. We did not find a boat on our property but we did find an old 300-gallon oil tank. It is a treasure hunt every time we get some of it cleared.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    <3 the grands, Heather!

Good day at the mountain house, and may get the shower surround that will replace the tub professionally installed this week. Might mean an October move-in date after all, but trying not to hope for that yet.

Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    Lllll
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Did the Body Flow DVD. This is primarily yoga. I’d just forgotten. I should do more yoga. I know, I’ve said that before. Somehow I need to get myself motivated to do yoga. I don’t seem to have a problem doing strength or cardio, so why yoga?

Anyway, the plan for tomorrow is to do some hula hoop, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

M – how wonderful that your husband was at the run.

Viv – I’m so sorry about your aunt

I’m thinking that I may do just a bit more stringing of the popcorn. Really, I probably have enough but I want to use up the thread that’s on the spool. It probably won’t take me real long to do that. Then I think I’ll be finished.

Penny – I’m sure that up there, they are very very good at removing the snow. I know when we lived in the Poconos, they took much better care of the roads than they do down here. But then again, they’re used to the snow whereas down here snow is a real oddity. Good for you getting out and running!

I just got a confirmation. The guy who is “building” the new website (I’m not even sure if that’s what he’s doing, I’m thinking that is what he's doing because there’s a lot of duplicate information. I’m thinking that the plan is to do away with the old website and just have this new one) wants all new members to be “activated”. That’s fine, but he just told me that the two gals who are going to be taking over the website and him as backup will be the ones to activate. To me, it would be more efficient if the person who does the membership activates the account. How is it going to look if that person sends a new member a link to register but they can’t because they haven’t been activated yet. My opinion is that the person who puts them into the system should activate them before sending out that link.

Sue in WA – hope your test comes out fine.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    427818su42xtrsvb.gif
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    <3