WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Replies

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    A quick hello from me - just passing through :) want to get an early start this morning.
    Viv York UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Up at 3:15 am with stomach cramps. Ugh..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    Lagopus wrote: »
    I hear what you're saying about indoor excercise, Michele, but I'm doing well with my efforts to keep up my jogging as we transition to the Arctic's cold, dark, winter. As of yesterday I've logged 405 km (just over 250 miles) since July 1.
    s1204.gif Yay ME!

This is the season when we get lots of sandstorms.
    tpsfw70tatpy.jpg
    zznv1h24zfgz.jpg
    Not exactly what you expect in the High Arctic, but we have sandstorms every year. Since there's little or no vegetation, the autumn winds pick up dust and sand and sweep them across the islands. That continues until the first big snowfall puts a lid on.

No sandstorm today, though. And it's time for me to go out jogging again :wink:
    /Penny at the t07190.gif

It is beautiful there in a very stark and dramatic way. I would imagine that it changes with different light ... when the sun is in different positions.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    kevrit wrote: »
    I really need some “me” time! Super busy.

RV Rita

Pic of the Ocho Milas bike race they had here yesterday. First time I’ve been to one. Fun!
    orj66sbfey0l.jpeg
    l6dgf3h40p6t.jpeg
    ghdrhka3stv0.jpeg
    yib03tzcunk7.jpeg

:grin::grin:

Way back when, I raced for 3 years. :)

M in Oz
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Allie poor dear, drink some tea to help settle the tummy.

Made some yummy whole milk yogurt and strained it all while my friend was having a cup of tea in my kitchen, delightful! After she left I prepped hummus and tahini and set up roast chicken with sweet potatoes for dinner, tasty and plenty of leftovers for the week of lunches.

The thermostat wars are about to begin and it's still September! Last night was the first chilly night of the season and DH is already complaining how cold he feels, really his blood doesn't circulate, his legs are really cold! It just makes it clear that we will need to move to a much warmer climate than NY when we retire. We just don't know where.....

Have a healthy and happy day <3<3 NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    mnhtnbb wrote: »

And when I went to try and find this forum this morning, it wasn't in the side bar on my home page. Took me a while to find it!

Go to the Motivation and Support subforum. It's usually within the top 10 posts there. :)

M in Oz

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Heather - :heartbreak::flowerforyou: :heart:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Morning Ladies~
    I woke up around 3:15 with severe stomach cramps so was awake until 4::45 and finally fell back asleep and woke at 6.. feeling a bit better took a shower and am dressed for the day....working 9-5 today and hoping Lil remembers to come take care of the boy....
    I can't believe it is only 11 days until we bury my dad... another day of sorrow.. but knowing at least this is what he wanted... going to have everyone back here for a little get together...and hopefully by then we have sold the house... they are writing up the contract now... in the end we sold it for 159.000 ,but will be taking on the closing costs so it will be 154,000.. I am hoping that will take care of all that needs to be paid off...
    I don't care how bad you ever need money a reverse mortgage is only good for someone that has no heirs that have to deal with the aftermath...
    after the 5th of October .. here is hoping things settle down...
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Allie and Heather - much sympathy to you both. Tough times. Hang in there! I know it's not useful advice, wish I had some for either of you.

Egg is being very clingy and loving this morning, which is nice, but makes it hard to type. Not looking forward to acclimating her to the new house. Took her a couple months in North Carolina to be willing to come out and socialize, but there she was adjusting to a German shepherd, a labrador, a large male cat and two strange adults. Hopefully, with just our son and his cat, Murr, she'll be able to adjust more quickly. Murr is a stray that wandered up, who was far too thin, but obviously a house cat for most of his life, and spayed. He adopted Johnny a month or so ago. He's a pretty cool cat.

We're going to be using one of the bedrooms for storage, so we'll make that her place for the initial move, someplace where she can go and hide, and come out as and when she's ready to do so. Must be hard when you're that scared. Perhaps the fact that she was born feral? I don't know, honestly.

Big decisions this weekend at the mountain house, and the two major pieces purchased that might (fingers crossed!) get us in the house. Timing, as always, at the mercy of others. *sigh* Such is life.

And... the two-day trip at the end of October has turned into another week-long marathon trip. It's like hitting yourself over the head with a hammer because it feels so good when you stop doing that, finally.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited September 2018
    Just changed my username (the LisaInNCNow was confusing, now that we've moved again). Didn't even know I could, but evidently, you can change it once. Only once. :) However, it's still showing my posts with the NCNow designation. :smiley: Got to love technology!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    KJ - You really are Superwoman. :o<3:o<3 Gosh, you need some downtime!

Went for my run. The best stress buster. Two great podcasts. Beautiful sunny day. B):D Perfect temperature.

DH has cricket this week, so I can't offload onto him until he gets home this evening. :# Great weather for the last game of the season. I'm at yoga Tuesday and lunching Wednesday, so won't be too lonely.

Allie - really hope it all works out for you and you get some peace. <3

I have messaged Wendy, but no reply as yet.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: You are lucky, indeed. You can see your grandchildren without going to an airport. Mine are thousands of miles away. We either have to fly, which is a misery, or drive for days. Color me green with envy. I am sorry about the real estate woes. :flowerforyou:

Sue in WA: We had a dry day yesterday, but I rode inside the arena anyway. Arrow was a brat. Someone else had ridden him earlier in the day and he resented being brought out of his paddock for another ride. I am very reluctant to go off on a trail ride alone. My trail riding friend is still unable to ride her horse on any but level and easy terrain due to laminitis in her front feet. The hooves are healing, but it is a very slow process. :ohwell:

Michele: It sounds like the new guy in your group wants to make changes. It would be good if he’d do the things that you suggest. Your ideas make much better sense to me. :ohwell:

Barbie: Are you knitting hats? I haven’t wanted to knit since DDIL asked for a whole lot of washcloths for our grandson. She wanted them all to be red, and although I had several patterns, she wanted them all alike. BORING. :ohwell:

(((Alison))): I hope the stomach cramps go away ASAP. Peter Rabbit’s mom recommends Chamomile tea. So do I. I agree with you about the reverse mortgage. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I love hearing from you wherever you are. I hope the move goes smoothly. :star:

KJ: A cup of coffee big enough to sit in sounds extraordinary and reminds me of the bathtub gin in the prohibition era. Luckily nobody has prohibited coffee. :wink:

I am planning to go to yoga today. WOOHOO!!! I have been missing it due to a combination of medical appointments for DH and travel. Today DD’s houses are closing—the one she is selling in CO and the one she is buying in IL. She wants us to come for Christmas and DH is not willing to fly. Driving the RV to Illinois in winter seems like insanity. I’m not sure what we can do.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Oooo
  • suite_lady
    suite_lady Posts: 181 Member
    edited September 2018
    Good Morning ladies! I reached my goal for the month! I am down and even 15 pounds! The next few weeks are going to be a bit of a challenge as we have a few concerts to attend and a family reunion out of town. I am glad however, that I joined a gym where I can use their out of town facilities free!

Plus I have been a bit anxious as we are going to sell my SUV that I have owned for 14 years. It's like getting rid of part of the family. It still runs great, but it's time to get something new. Car buying is something I dislike *Blah* .

As I opened up the house this morning I noticed our weather is finally cooling down in the morning. It felt great. It's also nice not to have the air filled with smoke with the recent fires around CA.

Have a productive week ladies <3

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    (((Heather ~ Kelly ~ Alison)))

Carol in GA