Do people ever criticize the way you choose to eat?

Replies

• crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    I get told I shouldn't deconstruct my food i.e either eat veg, then potato the meat on a sunday dinner or that when eating a kit kat I shouldn't eat it sides first then de-layer it.

not so much types of food though. More just 'stop playing with your food'

There's another way to eat a kit kat? ;)

How about dividing m&ms by color, and then eating them down until every group has the same number, and then one at a time from worst to best color? Too much? (If only I still ate m&ms this way, maybe I never would have gotten fat... took a long time. :D )

Sorted by colour then eaten two at a time, one on each side, then try to match up the oddball left overs as best as possible. If there is one left over, bite it in half.

Wow, this is pretty much how I eat all of my food! Sometimes instead of biting the odd ones in half I’ll just give them to my husband. He also knows never to give me uneven amounts of anything, or anything that the colours don’t match up.
  • Biggster69
    Biggster69 Posts: 84 Member
    No, but if they tried I would say: None of your business what I eat.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Not if they want to continue living they don't...

• showjack70
    showjack70 Posts: 57 Member
    I criticize myself... My eating/binges can get quite ridiculous :/
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,633 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    fish9283 wrote: »
    My boss comments on anything I eat.

One time I had a sandwich with alfalfa sprouts, and she said it was like eating pubic hair.

Is she an expert on eating that?????

That's where you smile mysteriously and say "I'll just take your word for it" ;)
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Not to my face in quite a while. I don't suffer BS quietly, lol.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Not so much with the horrible food. Like it's fine for me to down a whole pizza and a two liter coke on my own, because that's just what people "my size" do. But I try to eat healthy and it's some kind of crazy thing to do because I'm too far gone or something for it to even matter.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Not recently. Perhaps other people know that I don't care what they think.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    My husband used to but not anymore. My sibling thinks I'm being a moron by counting calories and tracking what I eat because "you can be healthy at any size"
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    I've been vegetarian since I was 18 . . . 44 years . . . since 1974. No one in my family was vegetarian. Few of my friends have been vegetarian.

Has anyone ever criticized the way I choose to eat? Heh.

Doesn't seem to have had much effect, though.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    My husband does, but only because I do the cooking and occasionally like to try new things, or include things that you may not find on the McDonald's menu, and he hopes that by complaining he'll never have to eat tofu/fish/orange vegetables again. I pretty much ignore him and carry on with what I want to do. If he wants to eat something different, he's welcome to cook it himself.
    My kids are also shocked and horrified when I eat things like sushi, or try to force them to eat non-deep fried foods, but again I'm quite happy to ignore them. Although they don't have the option of cooking for themselves, they either shut up and eat it, or starve.

Youre a good Mom and wife......how else are they to ever learn? <3
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    I get "eat a donut, already" I eat the way my body wants to eat, I eat a lot of food that I enjoy. Yes, I could eat that donut and then not have enough room to eat all of the stuff I love and enjoy. I just smile and move on.