Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Suggestion: "Favorite foods"

boommusicboommusic Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
There have been so many comments on 'Recent' or 'Frequent' foods, since it often does not reflect what we would expect or wish. When your food requirements change (due to medical issues, new information or adapting to a new diet) you don't want "old" food items to clutter up your list.

I think it would help to have an option to create 'Favorite Foods', i.e. items you (want to) frequently use. This way you can customize your list for quick and easy picking ;) !

Furthermore: I love MyFitnessPal, it has become a crucial tool in monitoring and managing my health! Thank you!

Replies

• DoubleUbeaDoubleUbea Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member
    boommusic wrote: »
    i.e. items you (want to) frequently use.
    That would the frequently used tab.
    You can create meals, and recipes for foods with many ingredients with the my foods and recipe tabs. You can copy a meal from another day if you ate the same foods by using the "quick tools" button on the original day.

• cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 26,014Member Member Posts: 26,014Member Member
    edited September 14
  • WWolfe002WWolfe002 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Why in My Foods when requesting the foods be sorted by name are they not done so? Please see the attached screen shot.kghiay3m9qo5.jpg
  • cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 26,014Member Member Posts: 26,014Member Member
    WWolfe002 wrote: »
    Why in My Foods when requesting the foods be sorted by name are they not done so? Please see the attached screen shot.kghiay3m9qo5.jpg

They are sorted by the first word alphabetically.

If you want a better "sort" change the names of the foods to (for instance) Bananas, instead of Gen- Bananas. To do that you have to go to the food in the database and actually change the name. It's a pain. I don't like this #feature either.