Who doesn’t want ANOTHER wholesome meme thread?

Replies

• Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    m8a5yh3ywmcz.png
  • Thoin
    wzpzulumvpgq.png
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Thoin wrote: »
    qydpd1b6e245.jpg

O M G

Ok, I'm not one to do the OMG thing often but his sweet adorable little crying face

O M G
  • Thoin
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    qydpd1b6e245.jpg

O M G

Ok, I'm not one to do the OMG thing often but his sweet adorable little crying face

O M G

I think it's a face swap.

a0grbbipw4ek.jpg
  • Miss_Chiev0us_
    Miss_Chiev0us_ Posts: 2,208 Member
    xd30tr26h0x8.jpg

This is sooo me, i hate standing next to someone in the elevator

Me too 😆
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    vziy80p7cobh.jpeg
  • beagletracks
    2zcvheoqg724.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    vziy80p7cobh.jpeg

Wish you'd give a little background. I live in Italy--those are not Italian policemen, we have no uniforms like those, and the wooden structures behind them do not exist here. So, your meme is confusing me.
  • beagletracks
    vziy80p7cobh.jpeg

Wish you'd give a little background. I live in Italy--those are not Italian policemen, we have no uniforms like those, and the wooden structures behind them do not exist here. So, your meme is confusing me.

This is The Jersey Shore, in the US. The person being arrested is a Chilean-born woman who was adopted by Italian-American parents and raised as an Italian-American in the US. She is famous as a reality-TV star. The meme interrogates stereotypes and connects to a larger meme trend on the same theme of grandparents fighting for rights. Like most memes, this meme is highly contextual and relies on knowledge of multiple layers of pop-culture to make meaning intelligible to people with some shared cultural background. That meaning shifts depending on the audience.
  • beagletracks
    gk1ct99w8cvi.jpeg
  • beagletracks
    a8y5m1jovgw7.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    vziy80p7cobh.jpeg

This is The Jersey Shore, in the US. The person being arrested is a Chilean-born woman who was adopted by Italian-American parents and raised as an Italian-American in the US. She is famous as a reality-TV star. The meme interrogates stereotypes and connects to a larger meme trend on the same theme of grandparents fighting for rights. Like most memes, this meme is highly contextual and relies on knowledge of multiple layers of pop-culture to make meaning intelligible to people with some shared cultural background. That meaning shifts depending on the audience.

Thanks for the background. Living in Italy I hadn't heard this story before. Italian rights in the USA is an interesting concept.
  • beagletracks
    5qfh8ydabota.jpeg
  • Thoin
    vziy80p7cobh.jpeg

I've never heard a better explanation of a meme.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member

I've never heard a better explanation of a meme.

Neither have I! I needed it, too, LOL.

• Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Normally I post mostly cat memes - here's one for the pups.

morning-workout-meme.jpg