What I Hate About Watching My Weight/New Lifestyle/Dieting, etc. (A Place to Vent)

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    ...and not really useful for performance wear. (I get a lot of skirts and dresses from Amvets...but you won't generally find decent running clothes)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Yeah I kinda lost track of which thread, rant away!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    skram01 wrote: »
    While I appreciate the perspectives, it's kinda not the point. This is a thread to rant and that's all I want. Finding things at a thrift store aren't really an option. At least from what I have found, it gets to be slim pickings once you get above a size 16 and anything in a size 20/22 (which is where I'm at) is either not available or ugly as all sin. But that might just be my area. And regardless, I don't like clothes shopping no matter what size I am. It's just not something I enjoy. So while I would rather buy new clothes than pay more for healthcare and I'm happy about the implications of having to buy new clothes, I still don't like having to do it or the fact that I have to do it multiple times. Man, can't a girl just rant and move on with her life without people trying to fix the way she feels about it!

(I really do appreciate the thought. I just wanted to let it it and move on. I promise I have good perspective on it, I just needed to be pissed for a minute. 😤😀😀)

Hey, don't worry about. I've never embraced thrift-store shopping, either. I just lived with a fairly limited (but new) wardrobe as I lost. And someone who DOES love thrifting will benefit from my lightly used transitional clothing!

Yup. I don’t do secondhand clothes. Can’t do it. Would rather have a smaller wardrobe or live in leggings and swing dresses.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    I'm another one who can't do secondhand clothes. I wore things until they started falling off me on my way down the scale and then donated them and kept a very limited wardrobe.

The worst was bras. Mine are really expensive and flopping around in too large cups was just sad.

Yup. I held out with bras for as long as I could, but when it got to the point where I could shove half a tennis ball in (guesstimating, of course), and there would be a noticeable dent in how clothes lay, I realized that crap, I actually had to do something about it. The only saving grace with that was that Soma took donations, so at least they went to a good home.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm another one who can't do secondhand clothes. I wore things until they started falling off me on my way down the scale and then donated them and kept a very limited wardrobe.

The worst was bras. Mine are really expensive and flopping around in too large cups was just sad.

Yes, bras and underwear :confounded: I've replaced my underwear 3 or 4 times completely (not that I'm recommending second hand underwear :laugh: Hopefully that's not a thing!)

I was sad when I lost enough boobage to not be in the full figure section, not because I missed them but because I couldn't get the brand and style I loved in the regular sizes. And most department store bras are padded out like crazy (even D cups, most of the time, in a 36 band or smaller) :ohwell: I'm not ready to commit to $60+ nice bras until I know I'm settled in a size.
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    (not that I'm recommending second hand underwear :laugh: Hopefully that's not a thing!)

Ufortunately, it is :s I don't buy second hand clothes, but donate my old, too big ones to a charity shop. Last time I was there, there was an underwear section :/
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member

Yes, bras and underwear :confounded: I've replaced my underwear 3 or 4 times completely (not that I'm recommending second hand underwear :laugh: Hopefully that's not a thing!)

I was sad when I lost enough boobage to not be in the full figure section, not because I missed them but because I couldn't get the brand and style I loved in the regular sizes. And most department store bras are padded out like crazy (even D cups, most of the time, in a 36 band or smaller) :ohwell: I'm not ready to commit to $60+ nice bras until I know I'm settled in a size.

Oh, I wore my granny pants until ... it was realllllllly ridiculous. I went straight from wearing size 9 undies into buying size 6 and then 5's. I still wear the 6 (a little loose, but nothing major) and 5's.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    M0n1KCR wrote: »
    (not that I'm recommending second hand underwear :laugh: Hopefully that's not a thing!)

Ufortunately, it is :s I don't buy second hand clothes, but donate my old, too big ones to a charity shop. Last time I was there, there was an underwear section :/

:o

just no