12 week challenge (30 pound)

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,793 Member
    Female 58 yrs old –My name is Donna 5’ 5” Midwest USA

WEIGHT LOSS IS NOT LINEAR.
    THIS MUCH I KNOW……..WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN.

145320379.png

Starting weight -235
    September starting weight – 178.8
    Current weight – 175.2
    December goal by the end of December : 157.2 (18 pounds)
    Ultimate goal – 145 (by Valentines Day) 💗💗💗

I will be weighing in on Tuesdays based on the challenge starting day. I will also weigh on or near the first and last day of each month for a monthly total. In December I will weigh on the morning of the 24th instead of the 25th. I will be experiencing lots of water bloating foods on Christmas Eve night with family which would only be temporary weight gain. I don’t want one night to undo the entire month’s stats. Besides, I will be waiting for Santa on the morn of the 25th and too busy to weigh as I listen for those sleigh bells.

My Stats:

Sept 25 - 175.2 Challenge Starting Weight Hefty 18 pound goal through the most challenging Food Smacked holidays in the USA. Okay. Let’s do this folks!
    Sept 30- 173.8

September Weight Loss………………………….. - 1.4 LOSS

Oct 02 - 174.0 Not proud of my last couple of days.

Oct 09 - 174.8 Bad choices. Not enough movement or water. I don’t like this, but I deserve this.

Oct 16 - 175.4 September & Oct have found me falling off plan way too much. I was on top of it all from Jan – August then all heck broke loose. I’ve got to get re-inspired. I’ve worked too hard to mess it all up now. I hope next week I can type my weight in red instead of green. DON’T FORGET TO SCHEDULE YOUR MAMMOGRAM!

Oct 23 - 177.8 Not proud of this. Out of town unexpectedly most of the week to the big city to help DB after his surgery. Lots of take-out and way too many carbs for my own good. So much has been taking me away from home (my safety zone when it comes to food). The next few days continue to be a heavy “away from home” schedule. Pray for me. This never goes well. I yearn to have things settle down again.

Oct 30- 177.2 Lots of travel in the past week, too much restaurant food and bloat. I am going to work harder this week to get back on track. Otherwise, I will look like Santa by Christmas.

October Weight Loss……………………………….. + 2.4 pounds GAIN

Nov 01- 177.6 Too many Halloween indulgences.
    Nov 06- 179.0 Lots of travel this week. More to come. Yikes!!!!
    Nov 13- 176.0 It’s a miracle I pulled off a loss. My weight went up big time mid week due to travels and restaurants. I worked on the water bloat and have been a good girl the past couple of days and it paid off!
    Nov 20-
    Nov 27-
    Nov 30-

November Weight Loss……………………………..

Dec 01-
    Dec 04-
    Dec 11-
    Dec 18-
    Dec 24-
    Dec 31-

December Weight Loss………………………………..

Total weight Lost so Far: - GAIN + 0.8

Final Challenge Thoughts:
  • Sweetzyd
    Sweetzyd Posts: 780 Member
    edited November 2018
    Starting weight -175 lbs (July 18th, 2018)
    September starting weight - 161
    Current weight - 147.5
    End of December goal - 140
    Ultimate goal - 130-135

Sept 25 - 155
    Sept 30th - 154
    Oct 7th - 153 (forgot to post yesterday but did weigh in)
    Oct 14th- did not weigh
    Oct 22nd- 150.5 I know I wold have better progress if it weren't for all the bad foods lately. Gonna try and close out the month with healthier choices! I set myself a goal to be at 148 by Halloween. Really hoping to make that goal!!
    Oct 31st- 149.5 Didn't make my Halloween goal but came pretty close so I will take it. Lots of Halloween goodies though, so that'll probably set me back a few days.
    Nov 7th- 149.5 No loss in a week. Going to work hard to fix this for next week :).
    Nov 14th- 147.5 So happy to see this number this morning. Halloween set me back a little but glad I am back on track now.
    Nov 21st
    Nov 28th
    Dec 5th
    Dec 11th
    Dec 18th
    Dec 25th
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,258 Member
    Original starting weight : 136.2 (MFP - 5 1/2 yrs ago) 192.2 (heaviest - 08/18/05)
    I used to be 5'7" until arthritis hit...now Doc said...5' 5 1/2". I sure liked sayin, "I'm five-seven." :|
    Nov starting weight : 143.2
    November goal : 140.0
    Ultimate goal : 135.0

Monday weigh-ins

09/24 - 145.2
    09/30 - 147.2
    10/08 - 144.6 at 5:00 a.m.
    10/15 - 147.2 at 5:00 a.m.
    10/23 - 145.6 at 5:00 a.m.
    10/31 - 142.8 at 5:00 a.m.
    11/01 - 143.2 at 5:00 a.m.
    11/05 - 145.0 at 5:00 a.m.
    11/12 - 145.6 at 5:00 a.m.
    11/19 - 146.2 at 7:00 a.m.
    11/26 -
    11/30 -
    12/03 -
    12/10 -
    12/17 -
    12/24 -
    12/31 -

Good luck everyone!

Chris
  • deepwoodslady
    Female 58 yrs old –My name is Donna 5’ 5” Midwest USA

145320379.png

Starting weight -235
    Current weight – 175.2

I will be weighing in on Tuesdays based on the challenge starting day. I will also weigh on or near the first and last day of each month for a monthly total. In December I will weigh on the morning of the 24th instead of the 25th. I will be experiencing lots of water bloating foods on Christmas Eve night with family which would only be temporary weight gain. I don’t want one night to undo the entire month’s stats. Besides, I will be waiting for Santa on the morn of the 25th and too busy to weigh as I listen for those sleigh bells.

My Stats:

Sept 25 - 175.2 Challenge Starting Weight Hefty 18 pound goal through the most challenging Food Smacked holidays in the USA. Okay. Let’s do this folks!
    Sept 30- 173.8

Oct 09 - 174.8 Bad choices. Not enough movement or water. I don’t like this, but I deserve this.

Oct 16 - 175.4 September & Oct have found me falling off plan way too much. I was on top of it all from Jan – August then all heck broke loose. I’ve got to get re-inspired. I’ve worked too hard to mess it all up now. I hope next week I can type my weight in red instead of green. DON’T FORGET TO SCHEDULE YOUR MAMMOGRAM!

Oct 23 - 177.8 Not proud of this. Out of town unexpectedly most of the week to the big city to help DB after his surgery. Lots of take-out and way too many carbs for my own good. So much has been taking me away from home (my safety zone when it comes to food). The next few days continue to be a heavy “away from home” schedule. Pray for me. This never goes well. I yearn to have things settle down again.

Oct 30- 177.2 Lots of travel in the past week, too much restaurant food and bloat. I am going to work harder this week to get back on track. Otherwise, I will look like Santa by Christmas.

Nov 13- 176.0 It’s a miracle I pulled off a loss. My weight went up big time mid week due to travels and restaurants. I worked on the water bloat and have been a good girl the past couple of days and it paid off!
    Nov 20- 178.6 Way up due to travel. I am so far from civilization that I am like a kid in a candy store at the restaurants sometimes. Lots more travel to come due to Christmas shopping etc. I will have to try to practice more restraint.
    Nov 27-
    Nov 30-

Dec 01-
    Dec 04-
    Dec 11-
    Dec 18-
    Dec 24-
    Dec 31-

Total weight Lost so Far: - GAIN + 3.4 lbs

• Sweetzyd
    Current weight - 146.5
    Ultimate goal - 130-135

Sept 25 - 155
    Sept 30th - 154
    Oct 14th- did not weigh
    Oct 22nd- 150.5 I know I wold have better progress if it weren't for all the bad foods lately. Gonna try and close out the month with healthier choices! I set myself a goal to be at 148 by Halloween. Really hoping to make that goal!!
    Oct 31st- 149.5 Didn't make my Halloween goal but came pretty close so I will take it. Lots of Halloween goodies though, so that'll probably set me back a few days.
    Nov 7th- 149.5 No loss in a week. Going to work hard to fix this for next week :).
    Nov 14th- 147.5 So happy to see this number this morning. Halloween set me back a little but glad I am back on track now.
    Nov 21st 146.5 Having Thanksgiving dinner today and tomorrow and I'm sure there will be leftovers. Trying to stay stong and not binge eat.
    Nov 28th
    Dec 5th
    Dec 11th
    Dec 18th
    Dec 25th
  • deepwoodslady
    Thanksgiving-Pictures-Free-2.jpg
  • cpanus
    Original starting weight : 136.2 (MFP - 5 1/2 yrs ago) 192.2 (heaviest - 08/18/05)
    I used to be 5'7" until arthritis hit...now Doc said...5' 5 1/2". I sure liked sayin, "I'm five-seven." :|

Monday weigh-ins

09/24 - 145.2
    09/30 - 147.2
    11/26 - 148.6 at 5:00 a.m.
    11/30 -
    12/03 -
    12/10 -
    12/17 -
    12/24 -
    12/31 -

Good luck everyone!

Chris
  • deepwoodslady
    edited November 2018
    Female - 58 yrs old –My name is Donna 5’ 5” Midwest USA

145320379.png

Starting weight -235
    Current weight – 175.2

My Stats:

Sept 30- 173.8

Nov 20- 178.6 Way up due to travel. I am so far from civilization that I am like a kid in a candy store at the restaurants sometimes. Lots more travel to come due to Christmas shopping etc. I will have to try to practice more restraint.
    Nov 27- 180.4 And a Happy Thanksgiving it was. But not such a healthy one. I celebrated all week and had or attended more than one dinner. Now, it’s back to the business of a newer and better version of me!
    Nov 30-

Dec 01-
    Dec 04-
    Dec 11-
    Dec 18-
    Dec 24-
    Dec 31-

Total weight Lost so Far: - GAIN + 5.2 lbs

• Sweetzyd
    edited November 2018
    Current weight - 146.5
    Ultimate goal - 130-135

Sept 25 - 155
    Sept 30th - 154
    Oct 14th- did not weigh
    Nov 21st 146.5 Having Thanksgiving dinner today and tomorrow and I'm sure there will be leftovers. Trying to stay stong and not binge eat.
    Nov 28th 147 this means I have 7 pounds to lose by Dec 31st. I know I can do it, but not eating the way I did for Thanksgiving and with the leftovers and all. 4 & 1/2 weeks. I know it's possible.
    Dec 5th
    Dec 11th
    Dec 18th
    Dec 25th
  • deepwoodslady
    edited November 2018
    cdavisdeva wrote: »
    Nov 28th 147 this means I have 7 pounds to lose by Dec 31st. I know I can do it, but not eating the way I did for Thanksgiving and with the leftovers and all. 4 & 1/2 weeks. I know it's possible.
    Dec 5th
    Dec 11th
    Dec 18th
    Dec 25th

We are at the hardest time of year for sure. Not just Thanksgiving Dinner and Christmas Dinner. It is so many social engagements this time of year. Office parties. Shopping which includes the restaurants. Busy decorating and wrapping and not as much time for the exercise. I never ever stop reaching for my goals, and I know that you do not either. However, my plan is to enjoy the season. Accomplish my holiday requirements with good cheer and lovely family and friends. If I have done that, then even if I only lose 1 pound in December, I have accomplished a lot more than just a bit of weight loss. I will, of course, keep all my healthy routines while at home. I will keep my work meals according to plan as best as I can. I will try to make good choices when out shopping or attending social events. If or when I end up back on my restrictions in January, I will be on my "diet" with many people across this beautiful world of ours. I'm sure January is the #1 diet month on the planet. I will be among great company. Scientists, Engineers, Teachers, Police Officers, Carpenters, Movie Stars, Accountants, Consultants, Realtors, yes, even Doctors. So, I will be okay. And so will you. My advice: Never stop trying to reach your personal goals. Keep your home and work routines as close to plan as possible and that will cover a solid 80% of your time. Most importantly, don't BEAT YOURSELF UP if you are off during the hardest time of year. You lost 20 lbs in two months, from July until September. Of course you will reach your goal weight. No worries.
  • deepwoodslady

145320379.png

Starting weight -235
    Current weight – 175.2

My Stats:

Sept 30- 173.8

Nov 27- 180.4 And a Happy Thanksgiving it was. But not such a healthy one. I celebrated all week and had or attended more than one dinner. Now, it’s back to the business of a newer and better version of me!
    Nov 30- 178.1 Fall has been Awful. December will be hard but I will stay committed to my enjoyment of life, but also to myself and my journey.

November Weight Loss…………………………….. + 0.5 GAIN

Dec 01-
    Dec 04-
    Dec 11-
    Dec 18-
    Dec 24-
    Dec 31-

Total weight Lost so Far: - GAIN + 2.9 lbs

• deepwoodslady

145320379.png

Starting weight -235
    Current weight – 175.2

My Stats:

Sept 30- 173.8

Nov 30- 178.1 Fall has been Awful. December will be hard but I will stay committed to my enjoyment of life, but also to myself and my journey.

Dec 01- 178.0 Focus, Focus, Focus. Like Betty Davis once said in All About Eve, “Fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy ride”.
    Dec 04-
    Dec 11-
    Dec 18-
    Dec 24-
    Dec 31-

Total weight Lost so Far: - GAIN + 2.8 lbs

• cpanus

Monday weigh-ins

09/24 - 145.2
    09/30 - 147.2
    11/26 - 148.6 at 7:00 a.m.
    11/30 - 147.8 at 6:00 a.m.
    12/03 -
    12/10 -
    12/17 -
    12/24 -
    12/31 -

Good luck everyone!

Chris
  • jrbhorse
    jrbhorse Posts: 16 Member

145320379.png

Starting weight -235
    Current weight – 175.2

My Stats:

Sept 30- 173.8

Dec 01- 178.0Focus, Focus, Focus. Like Betty Davis once said in All About Eve, “Fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy ride”.
    Dec 04- 176.8 Inching down a droplet at a time. I'm trying, I promise.
    Dec 11-
    Dec 18-
    Dec 24-
    Dec 31-

Total weight Lost so Far: - GAIN + 1.6 lbs

• Sweetzyd
    Current weight - 146
    Ultimate goal - 130-135

Sept 25 - 155
    Sept 30th - 154
    Oct 14th- did not weigh
    Dec 5th 146 forgot to post yesterday.
    Dec 11th
    Dec 18th
    Dec 25th
  • cpanus

Monday weigh-ins

09/24 - 145.2
    09/30 - 147.2
    12/03 - 147.8 at 6:00 a.m.
    12/10 - 149.8 at 6:00 a.m. ...this is getting soooo bad!
    12/17 -
    12/24 -
    12/31 -

Good luck everyone!

Chris
  • deepwoodslady

145320379.png

Starting weight -235
    Current weight – 175.2

My Stats:

Sept 30- 173.8

Dec 01- 178.0Focus, Focus, Focus. Like Betty Davis once said in All About Eve, “Fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy ride”.
    Dec 04- 176.8 Inching down a droplet at a time. I’m trying, I promise.
    Dec 11- 180.4 Traveling today for the next couple of days. Important Doctor appointment at the University Hospital. Hoping for the best. Weight is up and I’ve disappointed myself throughout this entire challenge and during all of Fall. I will prevail in the end, however, I may not see much improvement until January. But I will NOT stop trying.
    Dec 18-
    Dec 24-
    Dec 31-

OUCH!

• Sweetzyd
    Current weight - 145
    Ultimate goal - 130-135

Sept 25 - 155
    Sept 30th - 154
    Oct 14th- did not weigh
    Dec 5th 146 forgot to post yesterday.
    Dec 11th 145 :) Still 5 lbs left to lose to make my end of yr goal.
    Dec 18th
    Dec 25th
  • cpanus

Monday weigh-ins

09/24 - 145.2
    09/30 - 147.2
    12/03 - 147.8 at 6:00 a.m.
    12/10 - 149.8 at 6:00 a.m. ...this is getting soooo bad!
    12/17 - 148.0 at 5:00 a.m.
    12/24 -
    12/31 -

Good luck everyone!

Chris
  • deepwoodslady

145320379.png

Starting weight -235
    Current weight – 175.2

My Stats:

Sept 30- 173.8

Dec 04- 176.8 Inching down a droplet at a time. I’m trying, I promise.
    Dec 11[/color=red- 180.4 Traveling today for the next couple of days. Important Doctor appointment at the University Hospital. Hoping for the best. Weight is up and I’ve disappointed myself throughout this entire challenge and during all of Fall. I will prevail in the end, however, I may not see much improvement until January. But I will NOT stop trying.
    Dec 18- 180.4 No Change whatsoever which I will consider a blessing. I agree, this is getting bad for me too. However, January is just on the horizon and we are equipped and know what to do so it will all work out in the end as we re-dedicate ourselves. In the meantime, lets just try to minimize the damage by making really good choices at home and at work. That will cover 80% of the bases.
    Dec 24-
    Dec 31-

OUCH!