I need a hug (and a stepladder)

12345679»

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »
    She still wants me to do the bone density test to be sure everything’s good - you know 60 and everything

My 60 YO Bone density test = lying on a table fully dressed while they take a couple scans. Takes two minutes. I got a, "looks good."

• amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »
    She still wants me to do the bone density test to be sure everything’s good - you know 60 and everything

My 60 YO Bone density test = lying on a table fully dressed while they take a couple scans. Takes two minutes. I got a, "looks good."

Yeah I’m not too concerned - I’ve done a good amount of weight bearing excercise over the years (including hauling around an extra 100+ lbs) and my mom is 82 and she’s pretty good in that regard too.
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 230 Member
    Yep, it was deeply upsetting to be told I was 5'2", down from the 5'4" of my younger years. The lower healthy weight range put my goal a bit further away, but my knees will benefit. My gunboat feet (US women's size 10) haven't shrunk proportionately.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Yep, it was deeply upsetting to be told I was 5'2", down from the 5'4" of my younger years. The lower healthy weight range put my goal a bit further away, but my knees will benefit. My gunboat feet (US women's size 10) haven't shrunk proportionately.

2 inches seems like a lot, especially since I'm not even 40 yet. At this rate I'll wind up sub-5ft :lol:

Too bad your feet didn't shrink. I don't have that problem, but upthread a bit the lack of cute shoes for larger sizes was discussed. You have my sympathy.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    See, now that's a raw deal for you.

...I guess the upside is that you can walk more easily on sand & snow?