Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

An insurance company wants you to hand over your Fitbit data so it can make more money. Should you?

Options
124»

Replies

• fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options

[/quote]
    We do step challenges twice a year. Non-step based exercises could be converted to steps. I used to get credit for my strength workout.[/quote]

My fenix 5X converts swimming to steps. Without that there is no way i could do 10k steps in a normal day. Not with my feet.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    My fenix 5X converts swimming to steps. Without that there is no way i could do 10k steps in a normal day. Not with my feet.
  • IHateMyThyroid
    IHateMyThyroid Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    No way. There is so much backdoor collusion between data-centric businesses right now that you have no idea who will use that data, or for what purpose. If you choose to do so, knowing that, then it's currently legal. But the potential unintended consequences are hard to measure or even imagine.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    In fact, it pisses me off because I can have a 2hr gym session and only earn a few steps because I mainly lift and row for cardio.

Tuck it into your wasteband when you do a stationary bike, rowing, or do any activity that keeps your arms from swinging, it will track your activity as steps. It feels a bit awkward at first but it works.