WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA Oh Sue, I'm so sorry to hear the news regarding your husband. Biggest Big hug <3

Janetr OKC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Heather - how exciting! I think the waiting in your real estate system is crazy but the just do it on the move part is probably good, no time to get weird/emotional or anything – just do it.

Sue – Oh dear I am so sorry to hear about DH’s diagnostics, Medicare or disability and/or a direct contact with the manufacture of the meds all can help with the financials – also if he’s a veteran, maybe they can help.

It’s getting cold here at night (for California) so adding a blanket tonight.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :'(Sue, so sorry to hear about DH's cancer diagnosis. Sending hugs to both of you.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Sue So sorry. If you haven't looked at this yet, it may be worth spending a few minutes looking at it to see if it will help: https://www.hrsa.gov/get-health-care/affordable/hill-burton/index.html
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Sue prayers.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Sue. I am so sorry for the news about your husband.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did 1 section of the 10MS Butt Lift DVD, held my plank, then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do some HIIT (haven’t done that in a while)

Sarah – welcome. You know what I found curbed my sweet craving? When I got the craving if I had some vinegar. Yes, it tastes sour. But that seemed to squelch it. Just wish I could find something that would squelch my desire to have some raw cookie dough, etc. Also, don’t COMPLETELY eliminate sweets, at least not at first. But have only a little bit and soon you’ll find yourself wanting less and less. I totally agree with Kim, you need to do what works for you. I am also a modifier, I just couldn’t completely cut something out. But that’s what works for me

Speaking of bees, I miss Wendy

Ginger – we will miss you dearly, but understand and look forward to when you can come back

Heather – one more day……

M – sounds like you had a great getaway. I’m so happy for you

Felicia – I’m not using a candy thermometer. None of the recipes for fudge that I’ve seen have called for one.

Sue in WA – I’m so so sorry for your hubby and you

Dana – I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter. Those photos are something else. How scary for everyone

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Michele below is a link to the recipe I use for fudge. I've used it for years and years and it always turns out perfectly.

https://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipe/051833/fantasy-fudge

Janetr OKC
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Advice please - How do you keep up with all the messages? I am so behind, and out of date with all your news.
    Going to start with the most recent posts and work backwards as starting at the earlier pages and working forward, I never seem to catch up.

Heather seems you are on the move at last - congratulations.

I have half an hour, see how many pages I can read in that time.

Love to all <3<3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~ I am up and awake having my tea...
    Sue~ I will be praying for both you and your husband.. so very hard to comprehend everything coming at you...
    I slept ok off and on and up to the restroom 2-3 times.
    today will be a long day and I was not very Christian like the longer the day went... today is a new day and I hope it will be better..
    Heather~ so excited for you and glad you dont have to do any of the heavy moving...
    I am going to call the property manager tomorrow and see what she has to say.. which is probably take the bird feeder down..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Must go find last year's tax return. DH has been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer. Co-pay on chemo drug to stabilize the cancer not cure it is $3000 per month. We are applying for help with this as cannot afford it on our own. I really hate this kind of thing. Meeting with these people makes me really anxious.
    Sue in WA

So sorry ... I hope you're able to get help.

• CynthiaByrne
    CynthiaByrne Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to Sue and her husband. I will keep you both in my thoughts & prayers ((hugs))
  • Machka9
    Options
    I had an appointment with a different Dr today.

When I made the appointment, I heard one word of the name of the place and thought, "Yeah, I know where that is" and today I walked there ... 2.5 km up a gradual hill.

As I got close to the place, I thought I'd double check the exact location ... but Google Maps said I was an hour and six minutes walk away from it. How could that be? I should be right on top of it.

I double-checked ... same information. So then I rang the place.

Turns out that there are two places with very similar names ... in quite different directions!!

More walking!! Back out to a main road where I could catch a bus. Walking between buses. And then walking halfway up another hill to the right place!! On the way back I walked to a main road and debated about walking all the way back to work, but my feet were starting to protest, so I caught a bus.

In total, I walked 7 kilometres ... in shoes that weren't meant for a 7 km hike!!

I've got my feet up now.

Regarding fudge ...

The kind I used to make was something like this:
    https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-the-easiest-chocolate-fudge-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-180891

Or this:
    https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/chocolate-fudge/

With cocoa powder ... and using the drop in a glass of water method of telling if it was ready.

Heather ...

I'm glad to hear you're finally moving!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    wizzywig wrote: »
    Advice please - How do you keep up with all the messages? I am so behind, and out of date with all your news.
    Going to start with the most recent posts and work backwards as starting at the earlier pages and working forward, I never seem to catch up.

Skimming. :)

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Michele below is a link to the recipe I use for fudge. I've used it for years and years and it always turns out perfectly.

https://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipe/051833/fantasy-fudge

Janetr OKC

Yes! That is the recipe my mom and grandmother used. Turns out great for me, too, when I abide by the temperature guideline.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Sue- Sending prayers for strength and peace for both you and your husband. <3
    Lisa- I hope you are wearing your suit of armor! Into battle; onward and upward!
    Heather- This is it! By the time I go to bed this evening, you will hopefully have gotten a first nights sleep in your new home! I can't wait to see what adventures come your way! :*
    wizzywig- I think the majority of us do a fair bit of skimming, most days. Don't sweat catching up. As we all post our problems or little glitches we are having, we tend to solve them or they begin to resolve themselves within a few days. We are a chatty group; but we are also a forgiving group and don't expect each other to keep up with all of the goings on. <3

So...I am beginning to search for recipes using lentils and beans. Does anyone have a favorite recipe or website they go to that they would like to share?

ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)