WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning ladies~
    I am up showered and having my tea...I got up every 2 hours to hit the rest room, why i dont know ,I would love to just sleep through just once .. oh well..today I have to go go up to the bank and put money into my dads estate account because it is negative... more money out ughh then will try and call the property manager and plead my case about the bird feeder...then working 11-5 today..
    Heather~ cant wait to hear about and see pictures of your new home...
    no trick or treaters here tonight..
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Happy Halloween Ladies - We are expecting thunderstorms today so our neighborhood has delayed the hayride/candy grab to tomorrow night. I'm sure I'll have some singles coming by tonight and then tomorrow night when the hayride stops at our house I'll get all the kids at once and be done! The more candy that is gone, the better. Hubs will take the rest to work when he gets home.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Happy Wednesday!

Barbie glad the dds sent you to an expert. Root canal = no fun = but long term it saves the tooth. I am probably looking at the same procedure, will find out at my visit next week.

Low key day today, I have zero expectations for teaching today—kids are truly ramped up for Halloween. I will stay calm and do what I can. The faculty in this building goes overboard with the junk food—I will take a pic if I can but I am completely prepared with good choices so it won’t upend my healthy lifestyle. Not being righteous just practical.

NYKAREN
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    :) Up early so I can walk the dogs enough before driving Jake to his weekly blood test at 6:30.

:) I voted absentee when I lived in California from the very first time we were allowed to do it without a special reason (traveling, disabled, etc.). In Washington we vote by mail and I love it. Jake and I voted last week.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Cheri The top half of your face is looking very thin! xoxo

Karen in Virginia
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Good morning all! Happy Wednesday and Happy Halloween for those who celebrate! I am all dressed up in my little black dress with my pinstripe button down under it, white simple button down sweater turned backward tied around my waist as an apron, and one of my red tablecloths turned into a hooded cloak (with safety pins so it can still be a tablecloth). Handkerchief lined basket filled with goodies to take to Grandma's house. Not what I planned, lol, but it will work! So far I have a puppy, a llama, and a bat coming this morning. Not sure what the two babies and the four year old will be dressed as. The four year old has NOT been a willing participant in dressing up in the past three Halloweens. He is obsessed with space right now, though. If his mom is smart, she could probably talk him into being a planet, the sun, star, or astronaut. Anyway, house is decorated and ready to go. My whole wheat pancakes have been made with the whey left over from my yogurt making and I have added some pumpkin to them. They are yummy! (I allowed myself one bite to see if they should be served). Today's activities are: A Mummy making race (wrapping dollies up in toilet paper), making ghost ribbon dancers, making pumpkin muffins, and a walk around the block (in costume) to deliver treats to the neighbors. Then lunch and nap! Whoo! I will try to get a pic or two of the goings on.
    Heather-How did you sleep?! So happy for you!
    Karen VA- My mother was a candy maker also. Those are very vivid memories for me. I, however, don't make candy.
    NY Karen- I am with you on the sugar overload that seems to surround kids and kid activities on holidays! One reason I am so glad I set all of the "snack" rules. I think you are smart to prepare some healthy choices for yourself while you are at work!

Kids are here, breakfast has been served and they are ready to move on to the next activity. I better get moving! (lol it took me two hours to write this little blurb!) ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    edited October 2018
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Lanette: Right now is Georgia there is a big fight among legislatures about the signatures on absentee ballots having to exact matches to the original filed. The argument is that some people's signatures change a lot as they age, etc. Don't know what the end will be on that controversy.

Carol in GA

I was very stressed about signing my ballot this year. I have a couple signatures I use, and I couldn't remember which one was for voting. But I do love the way Oregon votes. It took me nearly an hour, but I was able to really study the voter pamphlets and feel good about my decision. And no waiting in line!

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • efricke1
    efricke1 Posts: 42 Member
    My DH calls Halloween the beginning of "sugar season", which doesn't end until Easter!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    I decided to go back and try again to vote. The best part was I found a parking place right across from the voting site. 1 hr and 30 minutes later, I had voted. Knees hated it! :)

Elizabeth in Atlanta: Have you voted and how long did you have to wait in line?

Carol in GA (Marietta)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,798 Member
    Our new helpers! Lol
    b04zijpkkr6d.jpeg
    zw7rpvqcr6sj.jpeg

Our assistant hosts came in finally yesterday. We have yet to set up a schedule with them. A funny side note.... they show up and the park now had spots available! Karma???

Katla, we bought an instant heat water heater and bypassed the one that runs on gas. Ours is electric. Works great! We just had to replace the toilet then discovered a new leak that drenched everything in the holds. I figure repair costs are a lot lower than house repairs of the same problems!

RV Rita
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    edited October 2018
    Barbie you are motivating me. I went to the dentist yesterday too. I have a cracked tooth that has the potential to become a problem if I do not remove silver filing and have a crown.After hearing your story I will do it sooner than later.

Allie is the feeder away from the building. The problem this time of year they can attract mice and that might be their reason. If you can convince them you will keep it further out that might help your argument.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,319 Member
    Heather - those big smiles say it all!!!! <3<3<3<3