Replies

• nancym30
    nancym30 Posts: 27 Member
    SW: 163
    CW: 159.2
    GW for EOY: 154
    UGW: 145

My goals this week:
    1. plan my food every morning, at under 1400 calories, and track it accurately on mfp
    2. exercise / movement every day, at least 20 minutes, and track it
    3. restrict my eating hours to maximum 9 hours per day
    4. take my vitamins every day, including omega-3s
    5. clean and tidy my house and dejunk a little, every day
    6. use my daily habit tracker sheet and coloured pens and enjoy the visuals / successes

Have a great week everyone. I know we can do this, and it's IMPORTANT, we are important.
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    CW: 175.6
    GW: 130
    Challenge Goal Weight: 164 lbs

10/08/18: 175.6
    10/15/18: 175.2
    10/22/18: 172.2
    10/29/18: 167.0
    11/05/18: 170.4

Week 4 Challenges to over come:
    Totally lost focus over the last week or so, need to get back to tracking and exercise!
  • Bridie_Bird
    Bridie_Bird Posts: 103 Member
    Start Weight: 118.5kg
    Current Weight: 95.8kg
    Challenge Goal Weight: 85kg

29/10: 95.4kg [-.4kg]
    05/11: 94.9kg [-.5kg]

A day late, apologies! The weight above is for Monday, I just forgot to log in. Not losing quite at the rate I was hoping to for this challenge, but that is in part because I have been struggling to get my exercise back up to pre-niggle and holiday rates. This week will be the week for that! None of my goals for last week were achieved, with only 1 gym session and one walk. It is already looking up this week, however.

Goals for the week:
    1. Gym 3/7
    2. Add in one short session on the cross trainer. Achieved already this week! Very happy with this,
    3. Walk 3/7 at work.
    4. Sign up for a yearly pass at the Zoo, and walk there at lunch times rather than just around the block. It's only a three minute drive from work and ridiculously cheap for the pass, and walking around animals sounds so much more interesting than walking down a main road!

Non-weight goals I would like to have acheived by the end of the 10 week challenge:
    1. Completed a walk/run 5km (either on treadmill or elsewhere). Current max at beginning of challenge: 3.66km on treadmill.
    2. Tried out a class at my gym
    3. Built a second machine into my gym exercise regime.
    4. Built in some very basic weight work into my gym exercise regime (arg!)
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    I'm in! I want to bike every day possible, climb one to two times per week, and stay under my sugar allowance 2 days a week (I'm never under right now).

CW: 140lb
    GW 2018: 135lb
    UGW: 125lb

About one month later! I'm doing much better with sugar, biking when weather allows, and climbing! I decided to avoid all refined sugar except for special occasions. I think it's been really helpful! Natural sugars taste so much better now and I've had more balanced macros.

CW: 138lb
    GW 2018: 135lb
    UGW: 125lb
  • yoadrianne83
    yoadrianne83 Posts: 3 Member
    What week are we on?

CW: 183
    GW end of year: 175
    UGW: 145

Non-scale goals - continue writing in gratitude journal 2-3x/week, get my Fitbit steps in at least 4x/week
  • Liftinglex
    Liftinglex Posts: 49 Member
    Monday weigh in !
    Sw 150
    GW 140
    CW 144

I lost one pound this week ! And getting real close to that goal 🙌🏼 this week goal is reducing snacking 😩 bad habit I’m beginning to pick & I need to quit it!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Loved reading all your posts! Everyone is doing great! Even if you're not losing weight...or not losing as much as you want, can you see the healthy habits you are developing? YAY us!!! These habits will sustain us though the holiday and hopefully the rest of our lives!! Have a great Tuesday!!!
  • jacquelinej67
    jacquelinej67 Posts: 7 Member
    Challenge starting weight 10/8: 164
    10/15: 164
    10/22: 159.8
    10/29: 161.6
    11/5: 161.6
    Challenge goal weight: 152

Busy day yesterday so updating today. My goal this week is to do better than last week. I didn’t make any of my goals but i didn’t give up either.
  • nancym30
    nancym30 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm doing well here. :) planning and tracking is key for me! otherwise I feel out of control and sometimes I haven't even eaten that poorly but my anxiety is up. my weight is coming down and I can still zip up my fave new coat. Last night I did celebrate with corn chips etc, but today I am eating light! Best to all of you.
  • Bridie_Bird
    Bridie_Bird Posts: 103 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 95.8kg

11/11: 92.3kg [-2.6kg]

A day early this week because I am unlikely to be able to weigh in tommorrow. What a difference it makes when you are able to meet all your goals! The big weight loss this week catches me up to where my weight loss needs to be for this part of the challenge, which was starting to look a little of a stretch! Goals reached included 4/3 days at gym and 4/3 walks at work - two of which were at the zoo and were fantastic. Adding the cross trainer to my gym routine has seen automatic differences, it adds approximately 100 calories burnt to both slow and heavy gym days. Was not execting that.

Goals for the week:
    1. Gym 3/7 and walk at work (zoo included) 3/7
    2. First try at doing a run/walk 5km on the treadmill. Success rated not by completion of, but the deliberate intent to give it a go.

Goal for the month:
    Dip under 90kg by November 30th, which will allow me to eat out at work christmas do and to get my hair done for said christmas work do. A tiny bit of lee-way here as the work do is not until the middle of the next week.

Non-weight goals I would like to have acheived by the end of the 10 week challenge:
    1. Completed a walk/run 5km (either on treadmill or elsewhere). Current max at beginning of challenge: 3.66km on treadmill.
    3. Built a second machine into my gym exercise regime. Achieved! Very happy with this.
  • carlsoda
    Challenge Start Weight: 95.8kg

11/11: 92.3kg [-2.6kg]

A day early this week because I am unlikely to be able to weigh in tommorrow. What a difference it makes when you are able to meet all your goals! The big weight loss this week catches me up to where my weight loss needs to be for this part of the challenge, which was starting to look a little of a stretch! Goals reached included 4/3 days at gym and 4/3 walks at work - two of which were at the zoo and were fantastic. Adding the cross trainer to my gym routine has seen automatic differences, it adds approximately 100 calories burnt to both slow and heavy gym days. Was not execting that.

Goals for the week:
    1. Gym 3/7 and walk at work (zoo included) 3/7
    2. First try at doing a run/walk 5km on the treadmill. Success rated not by completion of, but the deliberate intent to give it a go.

Goal for the month:
    Dip under 90kg by November 30th, which will allow me to eat out at work christmas do and to get my hair done for said christmas work do. A tiny bit of lee-way here as the work do is not until the middle of the next week.

3. Built a second machine into my gym exercise regime. Achieved! Very happy with this.

Great job!! What a loss!!!
  • carlsoda
    Happy Sunday! Just a reminder tomorrow is weigh in..make today count! Whatever your plan is...just do it 😂
  • mamananette
    mamananette Posts: 12 Member
    I adjusted my scale to match that calibrated one at the gym. I tested it again yesterday and there is a 4 pound difference. So, technically I weigh 152 lbs, but I will NOT put that on MFP because I LOST 2 lbs this week and I can't stand to write down that I had a 2 lb weight GAIN. I logged that I maintained, and will continue to do so till I've made up the difference.

Bridie_Bird, I used to do a lot of walking around the zoo, it's a great way to keep things interesting. Just wait till spring. I moved though. Now I'm not so close to the zoo, probably part of the 30lb weight gain during and after the move.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    SW- challenge: 185.00
    GW- challenge: 175.00 (mostly Oct-Nov)
    CW: 176.5

(scale only measures half pounds)
    10/08/18: 185.0
    10/15/18: 183.0
    10/22/18: 183.5
    10/28/18 180.5
    11/05/18 178.00
    11/12/18 176.5............down 8.5lbs!

WooHoo! Stuck to plan again this week. One more before the holidays n travel start to really focus on food and exercise.
  • carlsoda
    Week 5 Weight In!! Updated weight and goals for this week!

CW: 153.8
    GW: 144
    Challenge Weight Loss to achieve: 9.8 lbs

10/15/18: 152.8 (1 lb loss!)
    10/22/18: 152.2 (1/2 lb loss!)
    10/29/18: 155.6 (oops - hoping it's just water weight)
    11/05/18: 152.6 (back on track!)
    11/12/18: 150.6 (2 lb loss)

Week 1 Challenges to over come:
    Absolutely NO buying anything downstairs at our little shop. NOTHING!!!!!!
    Keep my carbs at net 40 grams max. I follow a low carb lifestyle and I need to become more consistent

Week 2 Challenges to over come:
    This week I'm going to work more on "moving more". I've been lazy for quite a while. I need to be more consistent getting in 10,000+ steps a day.
    Keep working on Week 1 challenges!

Week 3 Challenges to over come:
    Two things I want to work on this week...one is finding some sort of distraction for when I feel hungry and just automatically reach for food. I need to either get up and walk or go get a drink of water! Second, this is my last week of yoga (paying) so I need to start doing yoga consistently at home. So starting this week 5/7 days I'll be doing at least 15 minutes of yoga.

Week 4 Challenges to over come:
    Besides all the challenges above I'm still stuggling to do, this week I am giving up dairy. I am beginning to wonder if dairy is bothering me...we shall see :)

Week 5 Challenges - this week I'm just going to keep it simple. Simple low carb meals, get my steps in, do some yoga! Just stay on track!

Week 6 Challenge - just keep on track with all my new routes and keep moving.

This weekend we're going away and next week is Thanksgiving. I need to plan, plan and plan more :)
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    GW : 138
    SW: 141.2
    Oct 15: 140.8
    Oct 29: 142.0
    Nov 5: 141.8
    Nov 12: 140.4

My weekly goals
    I am traveling this week and attending a conference. My goal is to make sure I fit in exercise and healthy eating and stay within my calories.
  • Liftinglex
    Liftinglex Posts: 49 Member
    Happy Monday ! Weigh in day
    SW : 150
    GW : 140
    CW : 143

Lost one pound this week 🙌🏼 so close to my challenge goal weight think I’m going go for my overall goal weight of 135.

This week goal: hit protein goal daily !
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    edited November 2018
    PROGRESS AND UPDATE:

1. New work challenge: pizza delivery--her suggestion. Should of got a salad at least. Why did I feel bad getting a salad when client wasn't, just because she is required to pay????????? Ate 2 pieces and counted that as my cheat night. I will have to learn. Pizza was good, but it wasn't an enjoyable experience. Pizza is my weakness. One more Sunday and then I go to Saturdays. This eating challenge will pretty much be cut out then.

2. Didn't have that much energy to walk this week yard work was challenging. Neighbors don't rake and they make a lot of noise while I rake. I had the meeting with the free trainer. Not many nice days to get theoutside work done---so then everyone is out and I end up doing HOURS at a time.Can't get back to the gym until yard work done, but my mood ok. Tracked my weight each day and at least I am not gaining. I will be able to lose weight easier when schedule is more consistent. Right now I care about not walking, but too tired and sore to think about it and happy I am getting outside work done.

3. I decided to not count calories on my off day. Well that didn't seem to work--so now have a cheat evening and it seems to be ok and there are less items I want and then calories consumed. This doesn't lead to another day of cheating.

4. Most days did work hard on the quality of sleep.

5. Calorie limit still seems to be working better with 1500.

6. Was somewhat consistent with drinking adequate water. Having a hard time drinking enough on this schedule overall with yard work. Have to keep trying. Have to keep going in the house or running to the bathroom somewhere. Well we all have to do this. I have to drink a quart or two early in the day like I was, then the rest of the daily water is easier to get in for the day then. I am going to drink one cup for one cup with the green tea I drink in the am for starters. I am not the only one that has to drink water, lol. The more I lose, the less water I will have to drink every day!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW WEEK!!!