Lose a steady 14lbs by Xmas 🤔

Replies

• ApolloDj2018
    ApolloDj2018 Posts: 111 Member
    Love this! I'm in. I usually weigh in every Tuesday.

10/8: 170
    10/27: 167
    12/28 Goal: 156

Is there a weekly "weigh in" day for everyone on the thread to post for accountability? :)

My weigh in is on a Monday what about you ??
  • ApolloDj2018
    I'm up for it! Starting at 172lbs..... overall goal is 150lbs!

You'll do it I'm sure keep tracking what you eat and you'll smash it 💪
  • FamilyHike2018
    FamilyHike2018 Posts: 7 Member
    I also have a weight loss goal to meet by Christmas, but seeing it is 8 weeks away, it is a 8# loss. I'm currently at 208 lbs and would like to be 199 before the new year. My weight loss is super-slow, I started in first week of June at 223 and while I've lost weight, I've had so many backslides, it has taken me almost 5 months to lose 15 pounds! I'm hoping some support/comradery will help. My biggest challenge today is going to be to stay under 1600cals when I started off with a big breakfast (750 cal Saturday morning, lovely, family breakfast.. o shoot, I just remembered I didn't log the cals for the butter on the biscuit :blush: ). Friday/Sat are definitely my roughest because I feel like I deserve that beer or big meal or desert at the end of the week.... and then I end up in recovery all week on soup and salad, but a net loss of ZERO *typically*!
  • glite1
    glite1 Posts: 4 Member
    Ok im in also
  • klgglover108
    klgglover108 Posts: 1 Member
    I am reallly frustrated and down right now. I am reaching out for support. I was at my goal weight for over a year and had consistently been on a weight lost decrease trend the entire year before hitting my goal weight. It was going great. I worked out 6-7 days a week for at least 1.5 hours. I then suffered an injury last November. I fell at my daughter skating party. It rocked my world. I went to PT for many weeks and couldn’t run at all. I took up swimming to try to keep in shape. I now can run however many days it is uncomfortable. I am mixing it up with the elipitacal but I am having a lot of trouble getting back, not only physicially, but mentally. I have always been able to push myself and get through it but this time I am having trouble, so much trouble. I dread going to the gym. I eat foods that I would have never eaten a year ago. I have gained 5-6 lbs. My clothes are much tighter and I can’t get my weight off my mind. I feel absolutely awful. I have got to get back to my weight and get this 5 lbs off me. I am never been like this and I am getting more and more depressed and frustrated. How do I get myself back into the game? This is awful!
  • ApolloDj2018
    I also have a weight loss goal to meet by Christmas, but seeing it is 8 weeks away, it is a 8# loss. I'm currently at 208 lbs and would like to be 199 before the new year. My weight loss is super-slow, I started in first week of June at 223 and while I've lost weight, I've had so many backslides, it has taken me almost 5 months to lose 15 pounds! I'm hoping some support/comradery will help. My biggest challenge today is going to be to stay under 1600cals when I started off with a big breakfast (750 cal Saturday morning, lovely, family breakfast.. o shoot, I just remembered I didn't log the cals for the butter on the biscuit :blush: ). Friday/Sat are definitely my roughest because I feel like I deserve that beer or big meal or desert at the end of the week.... and then I end up in recovery all week on soup and salad, but a net loss of ZERO *typically*!

You can eat much more low calorie foods that will fill you up and keep your daily calorie intake low and on the weekend look for alternatives or substitutes in what you have , you can do it im sure
  • ApolloDj2018
    I am reallly frustrated and down right now. I am reaching out for support. I was at my goal weight for over a year and had consistently been on a weight lost decrease trend the entire year before hitting my goal weight. It was going great. I worked out 6-7 days a week for at least 1.5 hours. I then suffered an injury last November. I fell at my daughter skating party. It rocked my world. I went to PT for many weeks and couldn’t run at all. I took up swimming to try to keep in shape. I now can run however many days it is uncomfortable. I am mixing it up with the elipitacal but I am having a lot of trouble getting back, not only physicially, but mentally. I have always been able to push myself and get through it but this time I am having trouble, so much trouble. I dread going to the gym. I eat foods that I would have never eaten a year ago. I have gained 5-6 lbs. My clothes are much tighter and I can’t get my weight off my mind. I feel absolutely awful. I have got to get back to my weight and get this 5 lbs off me. I am never been like this and I am getting more and more depressed and frustrated. How do I get myself back into the game? This is awful!

Well 5 - 6lbs isn't a huge amount to of put back on so that's the good part , and as I know if you can just go gym 2 it 3 times a week start eating a little better that weight could be back off in 3 weeks I'm totally sure you can do 😇😇💪💪
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    eryn0x wrote: »
    I am just back on MFP and I always find that once I make progress I can more easily stay motivated. 14 lbs by Christmas would be AWESOME, doable, and right in track with the other challenges I’m following.
    CW: 186
    GW: 140

I'm well on my way. CW: 178.6 It's starting to look like the goal will come down to persistence. Get it off, keep it off! :)
  • amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Weigh in today

SW - 187.4
    CW - 186.9
    GW - 173.0

Have to up my activity and stop the beer. Beer is my down fall to being over my calories for a day.
  • eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    edited October 2018
    Weigh in today

SW - 187.4
    CW - 186.9
    GW - 173.0

Have to up my activity and stop the beer. Beer is my down fall to being over my calories for a day.

if total abstinence doesn't work, try a substitute. Maybe a kombucha will satisfy your need for something cold and tangy?
  • amberellen12
    Going for one beer evening a week. I mostly just have a couple while I’m making dinner. 280 calories and then it weakens my resolve and I eat food that I really am not hungry for nor want. Plus I’ve dust off my walk tracker and getting out to walk each day. Can’t do lots cause of arthritis in one hip. But aim for 30 minutes to start and then up it to an hour out and about each day.
  • amberellen12
    Oh and water is my favourite drink. I have it with me all day.
  • pammy22
    pammy22 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m a little late, but definitely need some motivation. I am trying to lose 25 pounds in total!!! I am trying to get back into the gym
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Week 1: 2.2 pounds down; 11.8 to go by Christmas!!

Awesome work!
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member

Is there a weekly "weigh in" day for everyone on the thread to post for accountability? :)

I stated my start weight on a Friday so now I just post my Friday weight in here.
  • ApolloDj2018
    pammy22 wrote: »
    I’m a little late, but definitely need some motivation. I am trying to lose 25 pounds in total!!! I am trying to get back into the gym

Yes the gym will help so much
  • ApolloDj2018

I stated my start weight on a Friday so now I just post my Friday weight in here.

😃😃
  • FarmMom2013
    FarmMom2013 Posts: 17 Member
    Finally broke a 3 week plateau with a 2.2 lb loss last week. Closer to that 14 gone by X-mas.
    I have 46 lbs to lose to get to my goal. Sounds like a lot, but I have been on this journey since 7/31/2017.
    Starting wt 344
    Current wt 195.4
  • ApolloDj2018
    Finally broke a 3 week plateau with a 2.2 lb loss last week. Closer to that 14 gone by X-mas.
    I have 46 lbs to lose to get to my goal. Sounds like a lot, but I have been on this journey since 7/31/2017.
    Starting wt 344
    Current wt 195.4

As long as it's coming off there's no rule on how long it should take well done
  • artsycinzia
    artsycinzia Posts: 8 Member
    Weekly Update:

10/31: 165

Two lbs down this past week. Woo!