Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Discuss usefulness of "Woo" button and "Woo Stalkers"

kshama2001kshama2001 Posts: 15,863Member Member Posts: 15,863Member Member
The "Woo" button was rolled out in beta mode with two different and contradictory meanings. While the meaning was since officially changed to mean that you think an idea or approach is too good to be true, many people still think it means "Woo Hoo!" and use it thusly until they happen to read that this is the wrong way to use that reaction.

Additionally, I am seeing more and more people who mention "woo stalkers" - that whenever they make a post, someone woo's it, whatever the content. This troubles me.

I think our Woo reaction experiment has failed and we should get rid of it. Perhaps replace it with something less ambiguous and open to abuse. Thoughts?

Replies

• pinuplovepinuplove Posts: 9,777Member Member Posts: 9,777Member Member
    It would be cool if we could see actually see who is wooing the posts, it may be a way to stop the stalking or it could completely blow up MFP! LOL

Oooh that would be fun! :smiley:

I don't give a fig about woos these days. It's fairly obvious when the reaction is being misused (if such a flawed thing can be 'misused').
  • solieco1solieco1 Posts: 914Member, Premium Member Posts: 914Member, Premium Member
    It's useless. Add a thumbs down if you want to provide a negative response capability. I would also like an Awesome or something else more than LIKE. Hug is also a bit weird.
  • L1zardQueenL1zardQueen Posts: 5,877Member Member Posts: 5,877Member Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    people had already reacted to my previous before my edit so I'm going to post the edit as a separate post:

Presumably since we're all grown ups I don't see why it would be particularly chilling in a bad way to have the ability to click and see who participated in the reaction.

I generally don't feel the need to hide the occasions in which I disagree with other people. different points of view or what makes the world go round

I wouldn't mind if people could see that and how I reacted to their posts.

I find anonymous woo stalking really creepy.

I think it is creepy too :(
  • JeromeBarry1JeromeBarry1 Posts: 9,027Member Member Posts: 9,027Member Member
    It would be cool if we could see actually see who is wooing the posts, it may be a way to stop the stalking or it could completely blow up MFP! LOL

If pressing "woo" were to inform UA that a member was possibly abusing social media privileges, such that 5 "woo"s in a day were to provoke the jailing of the "woo"er. That would be my suggestion to improve your idea.

If pressing "woo" were to inform UA that a member was possibly abusing social media privileges, such that 5 "woo"s in a day were to provoke the jailing of the "woo"er. That would be my suggestion to improve your idea.

Follow to money, Jerome, follow the money. :D
    mds1207 wrote: »
    I'm guilty...thought it meant Woo Hoo...won't be using that one again!

You're good. Hugs
  • mk2fitmk2fit Posts: 700Member Member Posts: 700Member Member
    I would like to see who "Woos" me. Really? So ridiculous. I would also like to see who likes me, etc.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 25,865Member Member Posts: 25,865Member Member
    Yeah, I mean I don't know how you guys know there are negative stalkers. That seems weird.

Couldn't it be that (like mds1207 says above) people actually do LIKE the post? Someone is following you to tell you "WooHoo!" I don't see why we have to assume the worst. There are hundreds of people who are lurkers who rarely post.
    mk2fit wrote: »
    I would like to see who "Woos" me. Really? So ridiculous. I would also like to see who likes me, etc.

I would like to see all of them, TBH.
  • nutmegoreonutmegoreo Posts: 11,928Member Member Posts: 11,928Member Member
    mds1207 wrote: »
    I'm guilty...thought it meant Woo Hoo...won't be using that one again!

A lot of people do. It's intentionally ambiguous. Don't feel bad.
  • PAV8888PAV8888 Posts: 4,622Member Member Posts: 4,622Member Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean I don't know how you guys know there are negative stalkers. That seems weird.

Couldn't it be that (like mds1207 says above) people actually do LIKE the post? Someone is following you to tell you "WooHoo!" I don't see why we have to assume the worst. There are hundreds of people who are lurkers who rarely post.

Every single post I made this morning received exactly one woo, at least in the threads I followed up on (most all of them). I can only assume someone is wooing every post of mine they see 🤷 I'm not bothered by it. Rather amusing, really.

The immediate timing of one or two Woo's regardless of whether the post ought to generate a reaction or not and grouped during certain hours of the day argues strongly that it's not a random action