Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Discuss usefulness of "Woo" button and "Woo Stalkers"

124»

Replies

  • pinuplovepinuplove Posts: 12,436Member Member Posts: 12,436Member Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean I don't know how you guys know there are negative stalkers. That seems weird.

    Couldn't it be that (like mds1207 says above) people actually do LIKE the post? Someone is following you to tell you "WooHoo!" I don't see why we have to assume the worst. There are hundreds of people who are lurkers who rarely post.

    Every single post I made this morning received exactly one woo, at least in the threads I followed up on (most all of them). I can only assume someone is wooing every post of mine they see 🤷 I'm not bothered by it. Rather amusing, really.

    To be clear,

    it wasn't me :)

    With the number of times she's thrown you under the bus (lovingly, I'm sure), I wouldn't blame you if it was you. :laugh:

    Hey! Any under bus throwing was completely deserved :tongue:
  • nutmegoreonutmegoreo Posts: 14,136Member Member Posts: 14,136Member Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean I don't know how you guys know there are negative stalkers. That seems weird.

    Couldn't it be that (like mds1207 says above) people actually do LIKE the post? Someone is following you to tell you "WooHoo!" I don't see why we have to assume the worst. There are hundreds of people who are lurkers who rarely post.

    Every single post I made this morning received exactly one woo, at least in the threads I followed up on (most all of them). I can only assume someone is wooing every post of mine they see 🤷 I'm not bothered by it. Rather amusing, really.

    To be clear,

    it wasn't me :)

    With the number of times she's thrown you under the bus (lovingly, I'm sure), I wouldn't blame you if it was you. :laugh:

    Hey! Any under bus throwing was completely deserved :tongue:

    I can't argue with you there. :wink:
  • TacklewasherTacklewasher Posts: 7,104Member Member Posts: 7,104Member Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean I don't know how you guys know there are negative stalkers. That seems weird.

    Couldn't it be that (like mds1207 says above) people actually do LIKE the post? Someone is following you to tell you "WooHoo!" I don't see why we have to assume the worst. There are hundreds of people who are lurkers who rarely post.

    Every single post I made this morning received exactly one woo, at least in the threads I followed up on (most all of them). I can only assume someone is wooing every post of mine they see 🤷 I'm not bothered by it. Rather amusing, really.

    To be clear,

    it wasn't me :)

    This time.

    Fair enough

    :devil:
  • TacklewasherTacklewasher Posts: 7,104Member Member Posts: 7,104Member Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean I don't know how you guys know there are negative stalkers. That seems weird.

    Couldn't it be that (like mds1207 says above) people actually do LIKE the post? Someone is following you to tell you "WooHoo!" I don't see why we have to assume the worst. There are hundreds of people who are lurkers who rarely post.

    Every single post I made this morning received exactly one woo, at least in the threads I followed up on (most all of them). I can only assume someone is wooing every post of mine they see 🤷 I'm not bothered by it. Rather amusing, really.

    To be clear,

    it wasn't me :)

    With the number of times she's thrown you under the bus (lovingly, I'm sure), I wouldn't blame you if it was you. :laugh:

    Hey! Any under bus throwing was completely deserved :tongue:

    I can't argue with you there. :wink:

    Yeah, I'm having a tough time arguing it as well LOL
  • nutmegoreonutmegoreo Posts: 14,136Member Member Posts: 14,136Member Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean I don't know how you guys know there are negative stalkers. That seems weird.

    Couldn't it be that (like mds1207 says above) people actually do LIKE the post? Someone is following you to tell you "WooHoo!" I don't see why we have to assume the worst. There are hundreds of people who are lurkers who rarely post.

    Every single post I made this morning received exactly one woo, at least in the threads I followed up on (most all of them). I can only assume someone is wooing every post of mine they see 🤷 I'm not bothered by it. Rather amusing, really.

    To be clear,

    it wasn't me :)

    With the number of times she's thrown you under the bus (lovingly, I'm sure), I wouldn't blame you if it was you. :laugh:

    Hey! Any under bus throwing was completely deserved :tongue:

    I can't argue with you there. :wink:

    Yeah, I'm having a tough time arguing it as well LOL

    You do tend to stir up trouble. :bigsmile:
  • TacklewasherTacklewasher Posts: 7,104Member Member Posts: 7,104Member Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean I don't know how you guys know there are negative stalkers. That seems weird.

    Couldn't it be that (like mds1207 says above) people actually do LIKE the post? Someone is following you to tell you "WooHoo!" I don't see why we have to assume the worst. There are hundreds of people who are lurkers who rarely post.

    Every single post I made this morning received exactly one woo, at least in the threads I followed up on (most all of them). I can only assume someone is wooing every post of mine they see 🤷 I'm not bothered by it. Rather amusing, really.

    To be clear,

    it wasn't me :)

    With the number of times she's thrown you under the bus (lovingly, I'm sure), I wouldn't blame you if it was you. :laugh:

    Hey! Any under bus throwing was completely deserved :tongue:

    I can't argue with you there. :wink:

    Yeah, I'm having a tough time arguing it as well LOL

    You do tend to stir up trouble. :bigsmile:

    But happy *puppy* trouble. Not grumpy *kitten* trouble like you two....
  • pinuplovepinuplove Posts: 12,436Member Member Posts: 12,436Member Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean I don't know how you guys know there are negative stalkers. That seems weird.

    Couldn't it be that (like mds1207 says above) people actually do LIKE the post? Someone is following you to tell you "WooHoo!" I don't see why we have to assume the worst. There are hundreds of people who are lurkers who rarely post.

    Every single post I made this morning received exactly one woo, at least in the threads I followed up on (most all of them). I can only assume someone is wooing every post of mine they see 🤷 I'm not bothered by it. Rather amusing, really.

    To be clear,

    it wasn't me :)

    With the number of times she's thrown you under the bus (lovingly, I'm sure), I wouldn't blame you if it was you. :laugh:

    Hey! Any under bus throwing was completely deserved :tongue:

    I can't argue with you there. :wink:

    Yeah, I'm having a tough time arguing it as well LOL

    You do tend to stir up trouble. :bigsmile:

    But happy *puppy* trouble. Not grumpy *kitten* trouble like you two....

    Nope. I don't stir up trouble. Trouble finds me :tongue:
  • nutmegoreonutmegoreo Posts: 14,136Member Member Posts: 14,136Member Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Yeah, I mean I don't know how you guys know there are negative stalkers. That seems weird.

    Couldn't it be that (like mds1207 says above) people actually do LIKE the post? Someone is following you to tell you "WooHoo!" I don't see why we have to assume the worst. There are hundreds of people who are lurkers who rarely post.

    Every single post I made this morning received exactly one woo, at least in the threads I followed up on (most all of them). I can only assume someone is wooing every post of mine they see 🤷 I'm not bothered by it. Rather amusing, really.

    To be clear,

    it wasn't me :)

    With the number of times she's thrown you under the bus (lovingly, I'm sure), I wouldn't blame you if it was you. :laugh:

    Hey! Any under bus throwing was completely deserved :tongue:

    I can't argue with you there. :wink:

    Yeah, I'm having a tough time arguing it as well LOL

    You do tend to stir up trouble. :bigsmile:

    But happy *puppy* trouble. Not grumpy *kitten* trouble like you two....

    I have no idea what you are talking about.

    giphy.gif
  • pinuplovepinuplove Posts: 12,436Member Member Posts: 12,436Member Member
  • EmotionalEater84EmotionalEater84 Posts: 316Member Member Posts: 316Member Member
    mds1207 wrote: »
    I'm guilty...thought it meant Woo Hoo...won't be using that one again!

    Uhmm, so much this .. I had no idea it was a negative comment - bahaha! I need an adult!
  • nutmegoreonutmegoreo Posts: 14,136Member Member Posts: 14,136Member Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    @nutmegoreo Very convincing! :+1:

    Thanks! I've been working on making it realistic for a while now. Good to know I'm making progress.
  • nvmomketonvmomketo Posts: 12,031Member Member Posts: 12,031Member Member
    try2again wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »
    35dollars wrote: »
    Whether "woo" is the right word for it, I'm not sure - there have been enough confusions over it that I tend to doubt it - if you're not familiar with skeptic thinking, you probably won't have come across the term previously. However, I think that having an option for flagging posts as "this is a load of pseudoscience / broscience / urban myth" is A Good Thing, as a way to warn new-comers that (for example) the latest promotion of some MLM scheme / ACV enthusiast / fad of the month has no objective value, rather than descending into a long flame war about it.

    Yes, but if those newcomers don't know what woo is, what good does it do? There are genuinely users out there thinking some of these posts are being cheered.

    I agree. And I'm not saying this is the right word to be used, but something like "false." There'd be no confusion as to why someone clicked false on a thread about ACV, for example.

    I like it in the respect that "false" relates to going against the evidence and "disagree" is just an opinion, although people will still use their opinions to call something "false". Unfortunately, any option is going to be misused. :(

    I agree. Depending on who is responding, the "false" could be false.

    I've been told I am 100% wrong about LCHF facts by some people who absolutely think they are right, when they aren't. Woo is a bit annoying for the same reason.

    At least disagree means they think you are wrong - most accurate.
  • kellyjellybellyjellykellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,196Member Member Posts: 9,196Member Member
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    This post about a keto diet plan has 19 woos so far. My guess is it is partially because his title is keto is the right way, but he did not add YMMV or something along those lines.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10701185/keto-is-the-right-way#latest

    Disagree would have worked better.

    Speaking of woo stalkers, I was woo'ed for saying "Good Luck!" :D I was woo'ed a few more times down the thread for my opinion that it is not uncommon in any new diet for someone to turn to food, and go off their new eating plan, when times are tough.

    He's up to 40 woos now.
  • CahgetsfitCahgetsfit Posts: 1,579Member Member Posts: 1,579Member Member
    I agree get rid of Woo button. To me, Woo will always be "woo hoo!" and not bovine excrement.
  • DoubleUbeaDoubleUbea Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    Woo will always be "woo hoo!"
    2qn2g7tpda7x.png


Sign In or Register to comment.