Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Intermittent fasting - Dr Jason Fung

123457»

Replies

• lark1964
    lark1964 Posts: 5 Member
    A 36 hour fast drops my glucose down to 90-95. I fast Sundays and Wednesdays, actually from 7pm Saturday until Monday 7am, and 7pm Tuesday until 7am Thursday. And then I eat sensibly the rest of the week. I am "allowed" to have a glass of wine or - OR - a dessert on Saturday, that is my only indulgence time, the rest of the time I follow my no sugar diet. I should mention I am also gluten free, I developed issues when I went through menopause, we figured out it was wheat gluten.

My glucose is stabilizing, now, it was getting really alarming before I started fasting, I had an AIC of 9.2! It's down to 6.4, now, and I'm off all the meds.
  • Ziggyiguana82
    Ziggyiguana82 Posts: 29 Member
    I absolutely adore Dr.Fung. I feel that he's so right, in that there is no money in fasting, and because of that sordid fact, doctors don't promote it because they don't make money.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2020
    As much as I don't like Fung, one of those reasons isn't making money. Many of the best scientist and models make money from selling services, supplements and content.

Would you guys hate on Jeff Nippard for selling lifting programs?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    As much as I don't like Fung, one of those reasons isn't making money. Many of the best scientist and models make money from selling services, supplements and content.

Nope, but I am going to push back at a poster suggesting Fung is believable because he points out that doctors can't make money off of fasting, considering he's doing that exact thing.

I hate on Fung making money selling books because he is misrepresenting the science and his expertise and skewing the facts to make himself seem like he knows a secret "they" don't want you to know.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »

No - but I would hate on any Doctor breaching the Hippocratic oath.

An educated man without ethics is despicable.