Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

search within my recipes

Lyreth_5389Lyreth_5389 Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
I've entered 12 pages worth of recipes into MFP. If I want to log something I haven't had in a while it takes forever to scroll through all those pages and find it. It would be awesome to have a way to search within my recipes.

Also, being able to share recipe books with friends would be fantastic! My husband wants to start using MFP but doesn't have the patience to enter all of my recipes. I could see (1) sharing my whole recipe book or (2) being able to share meals with friends sort of like how you can copy whole meals from one day to another within your own diary, but being able to copy a meal to a friend.

Replies

• tonicacibaudatonicacibauda Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I agree with you. I have pages of recipes and its so annoying to have to scroll through to find something. It would be so helpful to have a way to search.
  • susaninmontanasusaninmontana Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I find it interesting (an annoying) that we can't sort our recipes via the online website but I can with my phone/tablet app. Makes no sense to me!!
  • Pansey2017Pansey2017 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I agree, it's really time consuming having to go through multiple pages of recipes to find want you are after. A search function would be really helpful.
  • Gisel2015Gisel2015 Posts: 2,622Member Member Posts: 2,622Member Member
    I agree too. I reduced my recipes to 6 pages now, and I keep modifying/editing many of them so I don't increase the number of pages.
    I have been in this website for several years and I, and many other members too, have requested several times a search tool to be able to find the recipes easier. It seems that MFP is not interested in improving the website, but doesn't mind to do it in the app. How sad and unfair!
  • granni87granni87 Posts: 30Member Member Posts: 30Member Member
    Well I have to thank you for sharing that I can do it on my phone... I did not know that and have been so frustrated with locating an actual recipe in my recipes that I was ready to search for a different plan and get out of MFP. I have been on this one for a very long time and wasn't looking forward to changing everything.. Now I can just go onto my phone and locate it and it shows up on all my devices.
  • Peta_LucasPeta_Lucas Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    A search function within the Recipe box would be ideal. I'm able to find my recipes easily on the MFP app but not on the internet. I really want to add some more recipes, but unable to search for them before entering them in. Last thing I want to do is double up on recipes.
  • SimpleMachine2019SimpleMachine2019 Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    I wholeheartedly second the request to add search functionality to users' recipe sections. It can't be that hard to do! Thank you!
  • SueSueDioSueSueDio Posts: 4,787Member Member Posts: 4,787Member Member
    It's an old request but yes - I'd love a "search my recipes" function on the desktop browser version too. :)

@Alex Pretty please...? :)

mehitlw1b3mo.png
  • AlexAlex Posts: 8,804Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Staff Posts: 8,804Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Staff
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    It's an old request but yes - I'd love a "search my recipes" function on the desktop browser version too. :)

mehitlw1b3mo.png

Come on now, you know pulling out those kitty eyes isn't playing fair!

Seriously though I will update this request complete with image for our product team.
  • SueSueDioSueSueDio Posts: 4,787Member Member Posts: 4,787Member Member
    Alex wrote: »
    SueSueDio wrote: »

mehitlw1b3mo.png

Come on now, you know pulling out those kitty eyes isn't playing fair!

Seriously though I will update this request complete with image for our product team.

We have to use whatever means are at our disposal! ;)

It got your attention, though, didn't it? Therefore it worked as intended... :D

Thank you for passing on the request!