How much should I over track my calories?

2»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    I will round up to just make math easier, ie: something is 190 calories and I will just call it 200 - always higher, never lower, but that's the only type of rounding I do. I do however do my TDEE at a lower multiplier than I actually think it is and base my goal off of that. I use the light multiplier, even though most weeks I am moderate, and I make my deficit around 500 calories from that. That has helped in the biggest way for me personally. I feel that for the past year that has saved me from assuming I burned more/ could eat more. If one week I ate at that low activity multiplier's maintenance calories or one week I didn't have time to work out as much as I would have liked, the lower TDEE was kind of my safety net to not go way over calorie allotment.
    I will get some nay-sayers but I lost 50 pounds in 48 weeks and did not weigh one thing, not one. So there are different strategies for all, but be as honest as possible with your CICO and adjust as fit.

That isnt how I did it - but it does go by the guideline of Go By Results

If your aim was to lose 1lb per week and you lost 50 lb's in 48 weeks - then what you are doing is working and it aint broke so dont fix it.