What We're Eating

Replies

• dfontello
    dfontello Posts: 2 Member
    Breakfast - 5 eggs
    Lunch - Chicken breast, low carb wrap
    Dinner - Ground turkey, shredded cabbage, sesame oil, siracha, liquid aminos
    Snack - 10 Beers
  • Kateskate123
    Kateskate123 Posts: 32 Member
    Hey all! Not sure what the day holds but I’ve got a few things planned. Lots of movement: a hike in the woods, some yard work.

Making homemade granola right know. Hubs eats a ton of it and it’s so expensive.
    Plus I can add more of the good stuff. It has oats, almonds, chia, flax, hemp hearts, honey and maple syrup. A bit of olive oil and vanilla.

B coffee, half and half, plain yogurt w/granola I made
    L grilled bbq chicken and couscous
    D huge salad w/tons of veggies, tuna

S: melon and cantaloupe
  • Kateskate123
    Two nice walks today, closed all my rings!

B coffee and half and half
    L hummus, olives, feta, crackers
    D bbq chicken, corn on the cob
    S bagel w/chive butter

Movement: short walk and a longer hike in the woods.

Good day!!
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Been just having an amazing time incorporating various home grown herbs with: potatoes, sweet potatoes, all sorts of cheeses, broccoli, chicken, zucchini, and MAYONNAISE!!! I love making sriracha ketchup mustard mayo!!!!! Goes AMAZING with baked potato.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Hi all! Been staying busy lately and today was no different. I spent the day plotting out my next book, starting a structural grammar course, and taking care of my dad, who has a pretty severe sinus infection. I'm pretty proud of my food and activity choices, but I am about six kinds of tired this evening! Hopefully, I'll get a good night's rest and feel energized tomorrow :)

Breakfast: Coffee and a kale smoothie
    Lunch: Spicy ramen and a vegan ham sandwich
    Snack 1: Half an apple and an oat milk latte
    Dinner: Potato soup
    Snack 2: Canned peaches with coconut whipped cream and cinnamon, as well as a well-deserved cup of hot tea

Movement: Swam laps at the apartment pool for about 30 minutes while the house was napping :)
  • LenGray
    Had a bit of a NSV yesterday because I had the keys in my hand and shoes on to go get some fast food and I stopped myself, ate some soup and a sandwich, and felt satisfied.

Yesterday
    Breakfast: Coffee and two breakfast burritos
    Lunch: Spicy ramen and a vegan ham sandwich
    Dinner: Potato soup and a peanut butter sandwich
    Snack: Grapes

Today
    Lunch: Potato soup and an avocado chickpea sandwich
    Dinner: Mashed potato bowl with crispy tofu, gravy, and green beans
    Snack: Sliced cantaloupe and possibly some grapes
  • Kateskate123
    Awesome choices @LenGray! That is a BIG deal!

@azuki84 I also love to get creative with potatoes! I found this good recipe for twice baked potatoes with kale - very tasty (and can work with spinach, etc). I lighten it up with less butter, cheese and sour cream. :)https://smittenkitchen.com/2014/12/twice-baked-potatoes-with-kale/

I've been staying within my allotted calorie goal and the scale is SO SLOW. But I put on a shirt I have never really worn because it was too tight when it was gifted to me and it fits perfectly now! Even a bit roomy! I couldn't believe it!

B Coffee and half and half
    L A little mix of rice, beans, egg, red bell pepper and a tad bit of cheese and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.
    D Salad pizza! Premade crust, ricotta, parm and garlic for the sauce. Bake and then throw a big serving of greens on top once it's just out of the oven and a drizzle of balsamic. Yum!

S Pizzelle cookies

Movement: I've already put in 4 hours of serous labor and 8000 steps just from walking and I've got another 5 hours of work left but I started a new habit of a 10 minute walk over lunch every day, so I'm going to do that.

Have a great day guys!

• Kateskate123
    Hello! Made this delicious salad pizza last night - it was really filling and delicious! https://food52.com/recipes/42879-salad-pizza?fbclid=IwAR0DX1P7FPRlffJPJe_j0YsJYubaF-Q-_ivIv9OA1hvN6jr9ztlA9k7MK1w

B. Coffee and half and half
    L. Black beans, rice, tons of greens, and a bit of cheese and an avocado
    D. Not sure - probably eat out

Movement: Work and a 15 minute lunch walk

Until tomorrow!!

Katie
  • LenGray
    Aw, thanks @Kateskate123 :) I really appreciate that. Also, that salad sounds really good! I'll have to noodle on some ways to veganize it ^_^

Today was a pretty busy errand day, so I'm making a dump-n-bake casserole. Tomorrow, I'll do a bit of meal prepping, so takeout won't be quite so tempting this weekend lol

Breakfast: Coffee and seedy oatmeal with peanut butter and blueberries
    Lunch: A vegan ham sandwich and some apple slices
    Dinner: Chickpea and rice casserole with barbequed tempeh
    Snack: Cantaloupe

Movement: Doing a bit of yoga today :)
  • LenGray
    Morning everyone! The scale hasn't been budging for a while now, so I'm back to the basics today :) The main thing I'm aiming for is to make the bag of shredded lettuce in my fridge the focus of my meals so I can finish it by the end of the week. I'm also going to be focusing on moving a bit more and building up my stamina.

Lunch: Sheet pan fajitas with guacamole and hummus
    Dinner: Curried chickpeas with peanut sauce, steamed veggies, and rice
    Snacks: Grapes and cantaloupe

Movement: Yoga and a walk
  • Kateskate123
    Hey all! Sort of living on the fly today. Went to a new vegan/vegetarian restaurant’s soft opening and had a great breakfast burrito! Then a 30 minute walk. Now I’m off to explore with my husband. Not being able to plan my meals and eating out always stresses me out because I’ll tend to overeat or not make great choices. But that burrito was so filling and the walk put me in the right mindset so I’m ready to slay today!

But I’m with you @LenGray the scale is moving so slow.

B breakfast burrito w/egg, avocado, cheese and salsa.

L likely something light, as I’m very full.

D couscous stuffed peppers

Movement: 30 minute walk
  • siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    edited June 2022
    Goals: trying to eat to manage PCOS (lower glycemic, not much refined sugar or white flour, etc.)
    Breakfast:
    *Salami slices
    *Avocado toast (two slices low sodium Ezekiel bread, one small avocado, onion flakes, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper)
    *Low-fat yogurt (they were out of whole milk yogurt at the store) with a sliced-up peach and some vanilla extract
    *A mug of Irish breakfast tea with Coffee Mate French vanilla creamer.
    Snack #1: Soozy's paleo blueberry muffin and another mug of Irish breakfast tea with Coffee Mate French vanilla creamer.
    Snack #2: Dunkin' Donuts small plain latte with no sugar or sweetener
    Lunch:
    *Mission Carb Balance whole-wheat tortilla with Lantana yellow lentil hummus, roast chicken, spinach, grape tomatoes, cucumber, and red pepper
    *A large salad with spinach, grape tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, red pepper, Italian dressing, nutritional yeast, onion flakes, and red pepper flakes
    Dinner:
    *Tattooed Chef Buddha bowl (it has chickpeas, tahini, sweet potato, kale, and seasonings and it was pretty good).
    *Some roasted broccoli I made yesterday with onion flakes, red pepper flakes, and balsamic vinegar. I didn't put any olive oil on it just to see how it would turn out, but it turned out a little dry so I wouldn't do that next time.
    *Green tea
    Dessert:
    *Halo Top chocolate cheesecake ice cream bar (these are really good)
    *More green tea
    Exercise: walked 45 minutes
    Totals: 2027 calories, 45% fat, 39% carbs, 16% protein

• azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2022
    • siggi skyr/strawberries/peanut butter+cinnamon raisin ezekiel bread
    • potatoes/broccoli/carrots/zucchini/lima beans/red+green peppers/grilled chicken breast and my favorite mix of primal kitchen chipotle mayo/sriracha/ketchup/mustard/kimchi powder
    • smart pop popcorn
    repeated the above throughout the day, macros were 2.3kcal/300g carb/160g pro/50g fat
  • Kateskate123
    Today I did a ton of food prep so I don’t have to cook much when it’s super hot next week. Some grocery shopping and I’m ready for good choices!

B coffee, half and half and a baked oatmeal thing I made.

L chips, salsa and guacamole. Skipping the margarita! 🙌

D stuffed peppers with rice, black beans and hominy. This spicy tahini sauce I made today on top. Some fruit and an outshine popsicle.

Movement: a sunset walk once it cools off.
  • LenGray
    Staying on the 'keep it simple' thing so far, and I'm down nearly 2 lbs for the week. Also, I've been looking at my habits and think I have some places where I can 'trigger' mindful activity without disrupting my day, so I'll be trying that going into next week.

Breakfast: Coffee and a green smoothie
    Snack 1: Cantaloupe
    Lunch: Tofu fajitas with guacamole, black beans, hummus, and lettuce
    Dinner: Chickpea and rice casserole with shredded carrots
    Snack 2: Grapes
  • Kateskate123
    Feeling a bit sluggish in motivation and mood so I’m going to head out for a walk. It’s super humid so I’m not sure how long I’ll be out there but I’ll give it a try!

B frozen grapes, coffee, half and half
    L salad w/ toast and cream cheese
    D stuffed peppers (didn’t get around to making those yet! Filling is rice, beans and hominy, cheese and tomatoes.

S berries
  • siberiantarragon
    edited June 2022
    Yesterday I went to a party, so, fell off the healthy wagon a bit. But today I'm back on it!

Breakfast: didn't have
    Lunch: Wendy's southwest avocado chicken salad, sour cream and chives baked potato, and black coffee.
    Snack: Genius Gourmet chocolate dream keto bar, unsweetened iced tea with lemon
    Dinner:
    *Avocado toast (2 slices low sodium Ezekiel bread, 1/2 avocado, onion flakes, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper)
    *Salad (6oz roast chicken, the other half of the avocado, grape tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, baby carrots, and nutritional yeast)
    *Unsweetened iced tea
    Dessert: Fiber One birthday cake brownie bar, 4 Simple Mills almond flour double chocolate cookies, and more unsweetened iced tea
    Exercise: walked somewhere between 45 and 60 minutes
    Totals: 2023 calories, 45% fat, 34% carbs, 21% protein. I'm still deciding what my macros percentages are going to be but I think I might end up aiming for 35% fat, 40% carbs, and 25% protein.
  • siberiantarragon
    edited June 2022
    Breakfast:
    *Avocado toast (2 slices low sodium Ezekiel bread, 1 avocado, red pepper flakes, black pepper)
    *Low-fat plain yogurt mixed with a cut-up peach and vanilla extract
    *Unsweetened iced tea
    Lunch:
    *Sandwich from local pizza place (Whole-wheat wrap with salami, pepperoni, fresh mozzarella, tomato, balsamic viniagrette)
    *Unsweetened iced green tea from Dunkin' Donuts.
    Dinner: (I didn't get to eat dinner until really late so I kept it simple)
    *Smoothie (Garden of Life chocolate protein + greens powder, 1 cup unsweetened soy milk, 1 cup frozen mixed berries, 1 cup spinach, 1 tbsp cocoa powder). I just got the Garden of Life powder today and I never tried it before. It's really good mixed into the smoothie, even though it's pea protein which I usually dislike.
    *2 more slices low sodium Ezekiel bread
    *More unsweetened iced tea
    Dessert:
    *Coconut-date roll
    *Orgain vanilla keto collagen powder mixed with water. I normally wouldn't have two protein powders in one day but since I just got these, I wanted to try both. I really did not like this though. It tastes like swimming pool water to me and has a weird greasy texture. I will have to mix it with something next time.
    *Fiber One chocolate brownie
    *Even more unsweetened iced tea
    Exercise: walked 45 minutes
    Totals: 2023 calories, 37% fat, 43% carbs, 20% protein. I don't get how I had all this meat and two types of protein powder and still only had 20% protein :(
  • Kateskate123
    Good morning!

Today is another hot, physical day which means I won’t eat much. I just don’t have any sort of appetite when it’s this hot and humid.

B coffee and half and half
    L lentil sloppy joes & cucumbers w/ Tajin
    D Big Mac salad (homemade - crazy easy)

S grapes and berries

Movement: 6 hours of physical farm labor and weights at the gym

Seeing some progress on the scale but more importantly some of these changes (less meat, movement everyday, not drinking my calories) has really started to feel very natural.
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2022
    Lunch was a fish
    Dinner was curried vegetables with chicken, prawns and samosa

Snack if any as I'm stuffed will be blueberries