What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Breakfast: Lightlife tempeh "bacon," 2 scrambled eggs with red bell pepper and mushrooms, 2 slices toasted Ezekiel low-sodium bread with butter, blackberries, fish oil and vitamin D3 capsules
    Lunch: Smoothie (Garden of Life chocolate protein + greens powder, unsweetened soy milk, frozen mixed berries, spinach, cocoa powder)
    Dinner: Bean salad (black-eyed peas, avocado, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, salt, Mrs. Dash original) and Stonefire spicy naan crisps.
    Midnight snack: Plain whole-milk yogurt with strawberries and vanilla extract, and a One chocolate chip cookie dough protein bar.
    And lots of unsweetened iced tea through the day.
    Exercise: walked ~80 minutes
    Totals: 2191 calories, 46% carbs, 31% fat, 23% protein
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee and a peanut butter sandwich
    Snack: Apple slices
    Lunch: Black bean and lentil soup and smashed avocado-chickpea salad with hummus on toast
    Dinner: BBQ tempeh, vegan mashed potatoes and gravy, and some chickpea and rice casserole
    Snack: Sliced strawberries
  • siberiantarragon
    Options
    Breakfast: Sandwich (Ezekiel bread, tempeh "bacon," cheddar cheese, mustard), sauteed leftover vegetables (mushrooms, tomato, cucumber, black and cayenne pepper), strawberries
    Morning Snack: Soozy's double chocolate paleo muffin, iced coffee with soy milk, fish oil and vitamin D3 capsules
    Lunch: Red's chicken and cheddar burrito
    Afternoon Snack: Quest birthday cake protein bar
    Dinner: Two Mission carb balance whole wheat tortillas, huge salad (spinach, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, baby carrots, pickled yellow peppers, olives, Carrington Farms quinoa croutons, Lantana buffalo hummus, nutritional yeast)
    Evening Snack: Plain whole-milk yogurt with vanilla extract, cinnamon, and stevia added, and Simple Mills almond flour double chocolate cookies
    And lots of unsweetened iced tea throughout the day.
    Exercise: walked ~80 minutes
    Totals: 2163 cals, 47% carbs, 32% fat, 21% protein
  • siberiantarragon
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I was away from home most of yesterday and today, which makes things a bit more challenging, but I think I managed ok.
    Yesterday:
    Morning Snack: Quest double chocolate protein bar
    Breakfast: Ham, egg, and cheese on whole-wheat everything bagel, and iced coffee with milk
    Lunch: didn't have
    Afternoon Snack: Some chocolate fudge and a mug of oolong tea
    Dinner: Taco Bell black bean crunchwrap supreme and spicy potato soft taco
    Evening Snack: toasted Ezekiel bread with butter, vegetable plate (tomato, cucumber, green pepper, nutritional yeast, onion flakes, black pepper, red pepper), Enlightened brownies and cookie dough ice cream bar
    Exercise: None (it was over 90 degrees)
    Totals: 1996 cals, 47% carbs, 35% fat, 18% protein

Today:
    Morning Snack: (in lieu of breakfast) Plain whole milk yogurt with a cut-up peach and vanilla extract
    Lunch: Wendy's southwest avocado salad, and sour cream and chive baked potato
    Afternoon Snack: Cafe au lait, and Fulfil chocolate salted caramel mini protein bar (which I think is the best protein bar I have ever had in my life tbh)
    Dinner: Sandwich (Ezekiel bread, tempeh "bacon," cheddar, and mustard) and salad (two scrambled eggs with green pepper and Mrs. Dash, Lantana buffalo hummus, spinach, tomato, baby carrots, there was also supposed to be a cucumber but the cucumber tasted weirdly bitter so I got rid of it). Yes I do put scrambled eggs on top of salad, it's really good and I recommend it.
    Evening Snack: Coconut-date roll and pecans.
    Also on both days I had lots of unsweetened iced tea throughout the day, as usual.
    Exercise: Walked around 2 hours (went to the beach)
    Totals: 2326 cals, 38% carbs, 39% fat, 23% protein
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    greek yogurt/strawberries/peanut butter
    broccoli/chicken/potatoes/chipotle mayo
    1 whole rotisserie chicken from central market (oak smoked is SO good)
    3000cal
  • siberiantarragon
    Options
    Breakfast: Didn't have
    Lunch: Sandwich (whole-wheat wrap, scrambled eggs, grilled chicken, bacon, fresh mozzarella, tomato) and iced coffee with whole milk and turbinado sugar
    Afternoon Snack: Ice cream from a farmer's market (vanilla with pieces of fresh strawberries and chocolate chips) which was so good
    Dinner: Pasta salad (whole-wheat penne, tempeh "bacon," tomato, cucumber, green bell pepper, olives, Italian dressing, grated Parmesan, various seasonings)
    Evening Snack: Fresh-picked strawberries (we went strawberry picking at the aforementioned farm) with unsweetened chocolate chips. BTW unsweetened chocolate chips are great with berries or dried fruits as a healthy sweet snack. Also 2000IU vitamin D3 because one of my friends was diagnosed with COVID today and I saw them a few days ago so...just in case.
    Lots of unsweetened iced tea throughout the day.
    Exercise: Didn't really exercise (except for a bit of walking but I didn't even log it since it wasn't that much)
    Totals: 1997 cals, 42% carbs, 37% fat, 21% protein
  • siberiantarragon
    Options
    Today was a bad mental health day :(
    Breakfast: Two Mission Carb Balance whole-wheat tortillas. Two scrambled eggs. Plain whole-milk yogurt with a cut-up peach, raw almonds, and vanilla extract. Iced coffee with soy milk.
    Lunch: Didn't have
    Afternoon Snack: Sour cream and onion Parm Crisps. ONE birthday cake protein bar. Dry roasted edamame. Unsweetened iced tea.
    Dinner: Lantana buffalo hummus with cucumber and tomato. Kodiak buttermilk-vanilla power waffles with butter. Chobani coffee Greek yogurt. Strawberries with fat-free whipped cream. More unsweetened iced tea. Vitamin D3 supplement.
    Exercise: Walked 45 mins
    Totals: 1927 cals, 37% carbs, 40% fat, 23% protein
  • LenGray
    Options
    @siberiantarragon Sending hugs your way. Bad mental health days are rough

Today-
    Breakfast: Coffee and seedy oatmeal with peanut butter and strawberries
    Lunch: Bean and green soup with a lentil-quinoa taco
    Dinner: Celery tofu with rice, shredded carrot, and hoisin sauce
    Snack: Red grapes and hot tea
    Movement: Yoga
  • siberiantarragon
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    @siberiantarragon Sending hugs your way. Bad mental health days are rough
    Breakfast: Egg and cheese on a roll. Complete Cookie birthday cake flavor (haven't tried this before and...meh). Iced coffee with whole milk.
    Lunch: Ezekiel bread with Lantana buffalo hummus. Nacho-type thing (veggie tortilla chips topped with sauteed avocado, tomato, and red onion). Unsweetened soy milk. Fish oil and vitamin D3 supplements.
    Dinner: Two Kodiak buttermilk-vanilla power waffles. Chobani coffee Greek yogurt.
    Evening Snack: Cut-up peach and strawberries topped with fat-free whipped cream.
    Exercise: Walked 70mins
    Totals: 2148 cals, 48% carbs, 35% fat, 17% protein
  • siberiantarragon
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Breakfast: Two Morningstar plant-based sausages. Two scrambled eggs. Two slices Ezekiel bread with Neufchatel cheese. Blackberries. Iced coffee with soy milk and fat-free whipped cream.
    Lunch: Plant-based tacos (taco shells, brown rice, pinto beans, Plant Boss plant-based taco meat, sauteed avocado/tomato/red onion/yellow squash/red bell pepper). Fish oil and vitamin D3 supplements
    Dinner: Oatmeal with raisins, pecans, almonds, cinnamon, vanilla extract
    Evening Snack: Halo Top chocolate cheesecake keto ice cream bar
    Also unsweetened iced green tea throughout the day.
    Exercise: Walked 70 minutes
    Totals: 2162 cals, 45% carbs, 37% fat, 18% protein
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

rockitwell86 posted that she finds it difficult prepping for one person. food preparation here is done a lot by freezing. I freeze fresh vegetables, partial boiled a few minutes, blanche in cold water, lay out on etc parchments to freeze and put into individual freezer bags. spinach, celery, peppers, brussel sprouts, I usually saute onions and mushrooms first, then freeze.
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    todays meal plans: breakfast reheat chicken patty warmed with white cheese slice,
    snack, pretzel twist, layer with banana slices and mini chocolate chips
    lunch, egg tuna salad on one slice of open face bread
    snack walnuts and fresh peach
    Dinner crockpot roast beef and gravy, mashed potatoes and creamed broccolini
  • siberiantarragon
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Breakfast: Didn't have
    Lunch: Wendy's southwest avocado salad and sour cream and chive baked potato, with homemade iced green tea
    Afternoon Snacks: Nice! Boost Protein Trail Mix. Teas' Tea jasmine green tea. Dunkin' Donuts small iced latte with whole milk. Quest cookies and cream bar.
    Dinner: Pasta salad (whole-wheat penne, roman beans, tomato, green olives, pickled roast peppers, Italian dressing, Parmesan, seasonings) and Ito En green tea.
    Dessert: Enlightened brownie cookie dough ice cream bar, more iced green tea
    Exercise: Walked two hours (beach day)
    Totals: 2297 cals, 46% carbs, 33% fat, 21% protein
  • LenGray
    Options
    We went to the farmer's market this weekend, so my food choices today are a bit fancier because I'm so happy to finally have fresh produce lol

Breakfast: Coffee and a vegan sausage sandwich with sliced cucumbers, tomato, and hummus
    Snack 1: Cantaloupe
    Lunch: Farmer's market tamales with vegetarian refried beans and spanish quinoa
    Dinner: Eggplant and pork seitan stir-fry with vegan yachaejeon and rice
    Snack 2: Homemade vegan fudgsicle
  • siberiantarragon
    Options
    @LenGray All of that sounds amazing!
    Breakfast: 2 Morningstar sausages, 2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices Ezekiel toast with butter, 1 peach, 1 plum, iced coffee with soy milk and fat-free whipped cream, fish oil and vitamin D3 capsules
    Morning Snack: Kind salted caramel dark chocolate nut bar. And a Ricola sugar-free cough drop, which it turns out are 8 calories each -- good info for if you get sick and eat a whole bag of them in one day.
    Lunch: Bean salad wraps (2 Mission Carb Balance sun-dried tomato basil tortillas, Roman beans with mayo/dill/other seasonings, zucchini, tomato)
    Dinner: Zoodles+noodles (whole-wheat spaghetti, zucchini noodles, and fresh tomato in a sauce of Neufchatel cheese/nutritional yeast/other seasonings)
    Evening Snack: Love Crunch dark chocolate and red berries granola.
    Also tons of iced black and green tea throughout the day.
    Exercise: Walked 80 mins.
    Totals: 2162 cals, 48% carbs, 34% fat, 18% protein. All the food I ate today was so good!
  • LenGray
    Options
    @siberiantarragon Thanks! ^_^ Your day sounded pretty tasty too! Especially the snacks, since I have a definite weakness for dark chocolate lol

Breakfast: Coffee and a vegan sausage sandwich with kale, tomato, cucumber, and hummus
    Snack 1: Cantaloupe
    Lunch: Tacos with spanish quinoa and vegetarian refried beans, and apple slices
    Dinner: Eggplant stir-fry with vegan yachaejeon and rice
    Snack 2: Vegan fudgsicle

There's not a lot going on today, so I'm re-working a painting, reading through the rough draft of Book 1 in my current series, and hopefully getting outside for a long walk or a swim today :)
  • siberiantarragon
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices Ezekiel toast with butter, 1 peach, 1 plum, collagen coffee (iced coffee, Orgain vanilla collagen powder, soy milk, fat-free whipped cream. I'm glad I found a use case for the collagen powder that actually tastes good.)
    Morning Snacks: Chobani coffee and cream Greek yogurt, and Kind peanut butter nut bar
    Lunch: Bean salad wraps (same recipe as yesterday)
    Dinner: Sauteed Field Roast Italian vegan sausage and green bell pepper, over brown rice and topped with grated Parmesan
    Evening Snack: Love Crunch dark chocolate and red berries granola
    Drank iced green tea throughout the day.
    Exercise: Walked 70 mins
    Totals: 2117 cals, 44% carbs, 34% fat, 22% protein
  • LenGray
    Options
    I'm still really enjoying the vegetable pancakes, so I made a new batch today. I was even able to convince my dad to try some and he's usually very anti-cabbage lol Other than that, I'm just busy with edits, grammar class, and painting :)

Breakfast: Coffee with oat milk, apple juice, and a protein cookie
    Lunch: Bean and green soup
    Dinner: Yachaejeon and vegan sriracha mayo
    Snack: Cantaloupe
  • siberiantarragon
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs. 2 buttermilk/vanilla Power Waffles with butter. Roasted chestnuts. Coconut-date roll. Cold brew coffee with soy milk, vanilla collagen powder, and fat-free whipped cream. Fish oil and vitamin D3 supplements.
    Morning Snack: Kind dark chocolate cherry cashew bar.
    Lunch: Bean salad (same recipe as yesterday) on 2 slices Ezekiel toast.
    Dinner: Canned tuna on top of salad (spring mix, tomato, baby carrots, Parmesan, Italian dressing, and seasonings) and some Stonefire spicy naan crisps.
    Evening Snack: Enlightened brownies and cookie dough ice cream bar.
    Drank iced green tea throughout the day.
    Exercise: Walked 40 mins (I pulled a muscle in my leg :( )
    Totals: 2063 cals, 44% carbs, 35% fat, 21% protein
  • LenGray
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Got lots of painting and writing done today and spent an hour cleaning my apartment since maintenance folks were coming by. All in all, it's been a pretty solid day :)

Breakfast: Coffee and protein pancakes with vegan butter and sugar-free syrup
    Lunch: Vegan chicken nuggets and two slices of peanut butter toast with a banana and hemp seeds
    Dinner: Yachaejeon with sriracha mayo
    Snack: Apple slices