My C25k Diary (Will Update as I do each session)

Replies

• Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    @TavistockToad

Thanks for your post
  • Styggian
    @Runaroundafieldx2

Thank you very much :smiley:
  • Styggian
    @KellyLouiseGibson

Congratulations on getting to week 5, that's awesome.

Your photo made me laugh so hard, that I could hardly breathe :smiley:

If that's your happy face, I would hate to see your angry face, thanks for brightening my day :smiley:
  • Styggian
    @OldAssDude

Congratulations on training for half marathon, that won't be on my radar for a while :smiley:

Me inspire you, well thank you for the comment, from my perspective you inspire me to set my goals higher :smiley:

Have a great day and thank you for your positive comments
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Peanut Butter!!!!! It's good for every meal! Good job on the run. Hope that knee pain goes away.
  • Styggian
    @martaindale

Re knee, will take it easy see how it progresses
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Woo hoo! That is so awesome! Great job for completing. It was a pleasure reading about your journey. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Styggian wrote: »
    Session 3 week 9 done.

The final session conquered.

Not my best run, was up half the night with a upset stomach and my right knee was not healed, the sensible decision would have been to delay run, but my inner Spartan surfaced, so I got my running gear on.

Out of the door, I found the weather a bit cold but not 'arctic cold'.

Once the jogging phase started, my knees got into a competition to see which could give me the most pain.

At the 5min check, I was a few paces past my usual marker, decided my mission was to finish rather than set any speed records.

The 10min check, I was behind my marker, I just maintained my pace to the finish.

Mission accomplished ! C25k program completed !!

As a reward, I am going to treat myself to a jar of Reese's Peanut Butter, instead of the usual supermarket own brand I normally buy, the overtime money has made me extravagant :)

For the future am planning to do 3 runs a week:

Monday, run to improve my distance.

Wednesday, run 5k to 'keep in tune'

Saturday, 'speed' run 5k ideally on a organised event, Parkrun or a actual 5k race.

As I get better or more knowledge will adjust the training.

Thanks to everyone who gave me motivation and running tips, your help was very much appreciated.

Have a great Holiday :smiley:

nice work, well done!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Great job!! Congrats on finishing the program!
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Great Job, and truly inspiring.

I still have 10 weeks to go on my half marathon plan, but will think of your journey as I go.

Thank you for sharing.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Styggian wrote: »
    @KellyLouiseGibson

Congratulations on getting to week 5, that's awesome.

Your photo made me laugh so hard, that I could hardly breathe :smiley:

If that's your happy face, I would hate to see your angry face, thanks for brightening my day :smiley:

Haha... I'm glad I could cheer up your day... I'm onto Week 6 run no 2 now it's fantastic. ONLY 3.5 WEEKS LEFT TILL I run 5K can't believe it x
  • Styggian
    @AmyC2288 @TavistockToad @OldAssDude Thank you all for your support during the program, it helped a lot and is very much appreciated. Have a great day :smile:
  • Styggian
    @KellyLouiseGibson

Congratulations on getting to week 6, good job :smiley:

You can do it :smiley:
  • fraukazi
    fraukazi Posts: 614 Member
    @Styggian Congratulations! Well done
  • Styggian
    @fraukazi

Thank you very much, have a great day :)
  • LP_Std
    LP_Std Posts: 41 Member
    I have been following your progress, very motivating. Week 1 Day 3 is today. I signed up for a 5k on Feb 23rd to keep me focused. Quick question, is there a generally accepted proper running form? I would like to try to develop good mechanics/habits early to avoid injury and also run more smoothly. The search results were a bit overwhelming (and some seemingly contradictory). Also, are the same principles applied to a new runner (also overweight) or are these things tailored to experienced runners? Anyways, congratulations, and thanks for keeping this post full of positivity.
  • Styggian
    @LP_Std

Congratulations on your first week of C25k.

Am pretty sure there is a 'correct' running form, unfortunately I have no idea what it is. Maybe someone else reading this can give you guidance, if not try starting a new post, am sure someone can point you to a good video or website.

From my experience, I can give you three tips; get a a pair of running shoes, I got mine for comfort, however some places offer a professional tailored fitting service. This was beyond my budget, so I can't elaborate.

My second tip is don't worry about speed, find a pace that gets you to the end without stopping.

The third and final tip, is if a session is too challenging, repeat the previous session till your stamina improves.

Hope this helps

Good luck, let me know how you get on
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    qjmf6e0ex3rp.jpg

IVE JUST COMPLETED WEEK 6 THIS MORNING!
    I had to run for 25 mins straight was hard but so did it!