Ideas for Monthly Challenges

themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,211 Member
edited December 2021 in Social Groups
Welcome!

If you are new to our group, please read our welcome new members post for an overview of the Building Healthy Habits group and what to expect. It will help you get the most out of this group.

The Building Healthy Habits group is structured around monthly challenges. Each of us determines what we want to work on this month...what new habit we want to create in our life. But sometimes, it can be hard to decide what habit to work on. There are lots of choices!

Are you looking for ideas? The list below is an archive of past weekly challenges that our group has done since May 2017. They are organized by theme and topic. Maybe one of them is a good fit for you as a monthly challenge?

Healthy Eating
If You Bite It, Write It
Fruits and Veggies Extravaganza
Changing It Up!
Let’s Eat Local
Mindful Eating
The Water Challenge
Unsweetened
Bean Counters
The Big Impact of Small Food Changes
The Outer Ring
New To Me

Exercise and Movement
Step It Up
Lots of Squats!
Make Your Week Harder
Sticking With It
Balancing Act
Wall Push-ups
Deskercise!
Micro Workouts
HIIT IT!
Making Sitting Less a Habit

Healthy Practices
Just Breathe
Accident Proof
Good Start and Good End
Stress Less
Your Best Tips!
Overcoming Procrastination
My Creative Side
No Snowballs
Summer of Sleep
New Years in August
How Habits Work

Greater Happiness
Cultivating Gratitude
15 Minutes For Me
Unplugged
The Happiness Jar
Reconnecting
Thankful
Random Acts of Kindness
One Small Word

Replies

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Love this setting. Thank you @themedalist
  • bren2161
    bren2161 Posts: 3 Member
    Some great ideas to get started! I’m going to do the water challenge this week. I am a huge coffee drinker and trying to decrease my intake from 5 to 2 cups. Need replacement with water !
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    This month is all about the kitchen laundry installation. I anticipate it will take a month from start to finish, and I just started yesterday. I need to move out an area to put in laundry, and if I have any sanity left, clean out the remaining cabinets. I'll have all of my non-perishables in the living room, so it's gonna be claustrophobic for a while. My hands hurt already, and my back let it be known that I'm bending and reaching too much. I get a new washer and dryer though, so that in itself should be enough incentive to carry on.
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Gaaaaa! Just made Christmas cookies all day, and I kept my eating of them to a minimum. Most of them are leaving my house, thank goodness. Now I can move the pantry items to the living room. I'm glad I'll have trouble baking with the kitchen in disarray. Cookies are just too yummy. I'm glad I started back on MFP, otherwise I would've eaten a lot more... :/
  • hallene
    hallene Posts: 79 Member
    Great list and thought provoking.
    This month I will go with: * Bite it write it, * Stick with it, * Stress less, & * Reconnecting