Who Is Afraid Of The Scale

13»

Replies

• kellyjfenn
    kellyjfenn Posts: 28 Member
    As of right now I hate it. I was 147 last Sunday . I overindulged 2 days from this past week and now I’m back to 153. My pants still fit great , so that’s what I go by . It makes me happy to see smaller number on scale
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,247 Member
    I used to weigh once a week. Changed that to once a day (first thing in the morning) and am so glad I did. It has made me far less reactive to those "out of nowhere" weight increases. Instead of being discouraged that the scale has not moved in a week (or, heaven forbid gone up), I can now laugh when the scale shows a one pound increase (despite the fact that I exercised significantly the day before and ate well within plan). Seeing the downward trend over time is great and the little changes that occur on a daily basis do not bother me, although I admit I am still thrilled to see that the number is lower than it was the day before smile:
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Nope. My scale is an inanimate object, is not very heavy and has no sharp corners. I have no reason to be afraid of it =)

It also helps to understand that there is no such thing as a 'bad' scale reading. It's just giving me useful information. If I weigh X amount, that's how much I weigh regardless of if I step on and find out. The only difference is if I step on I get information that can help me.
    Number goes down - Good I know what I'm doing is working
    Number goes up - Good. I know I need to make some changes.

It's all information and it's all good.