What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    Yesterday: absolutely nothing. I had hoped to have time, but I seriously misjudged prep time for dinner.

Today: postponed my run till after dinner, and made it a bit shorter than originally intended.
    6.5km in 45min 25sec (8.6kph). Didn't feel terribly smooth, but hey, getting my mileage in.
    Been stagnating a bit lately, I might have to look into a real training program instead of just 'doing my thing'.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Not hard to guess: Row day. Ski team out again, did the double upstream loop, for about 9k. In the quad, I was in 3 seat (behind - or is it ahead of? - stroke rower, who's in the stern).

Chilly enough for pogies for the first time this Fall, today - 40sish F, to start. (Pogies = funny mitten-ish, cocoon-ish thingies that go over the oar handle, enclose your hands in warmth.) I'm not colder after weight loss at all . . . except for my finger tips, when out in cold weather. I rarely used my pogies when overweight, now I appreciate them every Spring/Fall when it's cold.)

We did some race starts, some power 10s. One of the club's best rowers - one of the learn-to-row coaches - was out in her single today, prepping for the Head of the Charles, the biggest rowing race in the world, coming up in a few weeks in Boston. So it was our quad, a single from our group, and her single.

Not rowing tomorrow as we usually would, as the university women's team has a scrimmage on our river and it'll be a madhouse. (I might go watch.) Thought about rescheduling to Sunday, but the forecast is all day grim, cold rain. Might bike tomorrow, might not. We'll see. Back to my usual bike/row schedule once the weather sorts out.

I can feel Winter coming. I don't mind Winter generally, but I grieve the coming break in on-water rowing, trail biking, TBH. Machines are just not the same.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Still fighting some fatigue, so I skipped the elliptical yesterday. I was just not feeling like working out at all and almost skipped all exercise entirely. Instead, I decided to stick to my lifting schedule and did some strength training.

I hope to get out and do my "weekend workout" today (aka mow the field and back yard).
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    I'm a procrastinator! After lounging around today, i still needed to get my run in before getting ready for a board game evening with some friends. I decided to make the most of a short workout and set a new PB: 5km in 29min 34sec.
    I made the mistake of comparing my time with others (comparison is the thief of joy): "over 5 km you're faster than 27 % of female runners aged 39".
    But still glad to be improving my times 😛
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I went climbing on Thusday. It was good fun, I was in the best form I've been in since I had COVID. I got loads of new V3/v4 routes.

After that. I travelled up to the Orkney Islands. Hopefully I should get some nice dives in.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    My screechy elliptical today. 180 minutes for 12.01 miles. I'll be counting the days till my new(used) one gets delivered!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,124 Member
    Paddled 21 miles from Harrisburg to Peoria. Not Pennsylvania to Illinois. All between the Cascades and the Coast Range. Explored a little backwater. Looked for invasive species. Enjoyed an adult beverage. Had a great lunch on a high spot with a 180-degree view of a big bend in the river. Joyous.

It was ~SO~ crowded out there. There were three of us - two canoes and a kayak. We saw another group of paddlers with a canoe, an inflatable kayak, a paddle board, and a sit-on-top kayak. We saw another group of two packrafts. We saw some folks fishing for sturgeon from a motorized boat.

So crowded....

Gorgeous early fall day. Only saw five Bald Eagles. Also some Northern Harriers, swallows, coots, herons, killdeer, ducks, and turkey vultures. A few others as well, but oddly enough no Osprey. They must already be heading south.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Three of us rode through some chilly, raw conditions this morning. We started in NW Connecticut and took a back woods route into western Mass. There were almost NO cars and the roads had been freshly paved. We turned off the route early, since one cyclist had an issue with her front tire and wanted to shorten the ride. The unplanned turn off onto route 57 east was a great piece of luck, since this road is beautiful, with pristine pavement and a FOUR MILE continuous descent. :) We took it easy due to Kristina's wonky front tire, but still managed 37 miles with 2871ft of climbing at a 15ish mph average.

I can't wait to ride this route again, but this afternoon I'll just have to entertain myself by stalking three friends racing IM Chattanooga via the IM Tracker app.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Screechy elliptical again. 200 minutes for 15.18 miles. Should only be 6 (at the most) more sessions on the screechy elliptical till I have my new one delivered.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    swimmom_1 wrote: »
    Screechy elliptical again. 200 minutes for 15.18 miles. Should only be 6 (at the most) more sessions on the screechy elliptical till I have my new one delivered.

That Precor pre-owned sounds perfect for your needs! Congrats!

Easy cardio day yesterday. Did 25 minutes walking on the treadmill @ 15% incline (I'm enjoying that as a change of pace -- HR gets in my sweet spot zone for an easy cardio day and I don't have to fight to keep it that high and it feels comfortable), then 25 or so on the LateralX and just 10 or 15 on the Assault Bike.

Treaded around in the pool for another hour after that. Pool season is winding down here in AZ. We have around 6 or so weeks left (if we don't use the heater during Winter, which can get expensive). We, fortunately, still have the hot tub all Winter.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,898 Member
    Leg Day Monday FTW!

Squats, BB Step-Ups, Romanian Deadlift, BB Hip Thrust, Seated Calf Raises, Cable Crunches, Planks

Also spent 3 hours yesterday jumping up and down and yelling at the football game, does that count as a workout?
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Today was my home lifting workout in the AM, then rowing intervals at lunch.

Finished the lift at 11:30 and rowed at noon. Did 3 X 2K/3 minute rest (8:35/8:36/8:50 times) and then did another 9 minutes on the Assault Bike at a very brisk pace for the fourth interval. HR hit around 90% plus for the last two intervals (92% max was the highest). Nice painful longer interval workout. Glad it's over.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,124 Member
    A bit of hiking. Just under nine miles and just over 2000 feet of elevation gain on a beautiful early Autumn day - not too hot, but sunny. There was haze in the sky from all the wildfires, but it was otherwise a nice day.

I used sections of several of the trails which means I got to see several habitats/ecosystems. I started up the East Ridge Trail, then took the Tie Trail over to the North Ridge Trail, then up to the upper parking lot and up the Summit Trail, then back down to the Meadow Edge Loop Trail before descending back down the East Ridge Trail.

Being among the quiet mature forests were great. The Meadow Edge Loop goes through a fairly rare (for this area) stand of mature Noble Fir. The East Ridge Trail does, too.

The view from the top was too hazy to see the Pacific Ocean. At times I've seen car headlights crossing the Yaquina Bay Bridge - with binoculars. On a very rare day, a person can see that AND some of the Cascade volcanoes. There was even some fall color!

esey14kfpfmg.jpg
    qfhchmvp9au3.jpg
    vaky19lo3pta.jpg

I chatted with some ravens on the Meadow Edge Loop. I love doing that.

On my way back down, there was a cute little Douglas squirrel chowing down on a fir cone. He had some things to say to me too. Happy little critter...

gjcp6nzskywx.jpg

• TeamScorpioRI
    TeamScorpioRI Posts: 56 Member
    I recently switched to a 5 day, full body routine. Today was:

Military Press
    Reverse Lunges
    Chest Press
    Reverse Fly
    Side Raise
    Bicep Curl

3 sets each. Along with that, I got in a 15 minute warmup on the rowing machine, and tonight will be an hour walk around the neighborhood.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,898 Member
    Yesterday was back/bis day:

Pullups, BB Row, BB Shrugs, High Machine Row, Preacher Curl, BB Side Bend, Side Planks

I also got in a 5km trot on the elliptical doing hill work.

Today was chest/tris day:

Cable Twists, Bench Press, Incline DB Press, Decline Cable Fly, Standing OHP, Cable Pushdown, Cable Woodchoppers, Perloff Press